Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013, 12:14 PM   #316
Weluvdisny
I'm alot calmer than I thought I would be
We're all CRAZY for Disney!!

Does anyone know if you can convert the discounted park passes to non-expiration ones?

Weluvdisny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:28 PM   #317
smec73
Mouseketeer

I registered. SOOOO excited!!
smec73 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2013, 01:41 PM   #318
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcaks & Booze, Running PHM

I am registered, too! I just could not wait any longer...I am still amazing myself when I think of me and run in the same sentence and actually liking it!
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:14 PM   #319
kmchisholm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weluvdisny
Does anyone know if you can convert the discounted park passes to non-expiration ones?
I don't think so as they have to be used around the time of the race.
kmchisholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:45 PM   #320
Caitsmama
Closet Hannah Montana Fan!
am planning on getting at least one more

All set, i am registered for the 5k along with my dd! We are just doing the 5k, as i don't know that she can do a 10mile race yet... (shes 12 but is not use to running).. We booked ASMovies and got our flights all booked!! now just park tickets to get!

Last edited by Caitsmama; 03-16-2013 at 06:02 PM.
Caitsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:47 PM   #321
CaptHomer
DIS Veteran

Just registered. I had a Southwest credit I need to use up by mid-October so what the heck. This will be a nice little break while training for the Goofy in January.
CaptHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:06 PM   #322
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

I need to register. I did a 10k today that I plan to use to submit a time. I guess I don't have to wait until the official times are posted since I know my finish time.... but I thought I would wait.

Now, I see fares have come down on SW... and I am so tempted to book my return trip. (booked the flight down already) Thing is... the fare that is cheap is 2 days AFTER my friends check out and when I planned to also leave. Now... the day we are set to leave... the lowest fare is $324. 2 days later... $121. So... $200 less... but then I have to pay for a room for two nights. (not to mention food) That might just be a breakeven point....

Now to decide to register this week or get that fare!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:00 AM   #323
Light Cyan
Earning My Ears

How does it work submitting a time from a prior race? I haven't done a race yet but what length should I look for in the coming months and how long do I have before the race to get my time in?
Old 03-17-2013, 08:55 AM   #324
ILDisneyfan
Earning My Ears

Signed up! Can't wait!
ILDisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:35 AM   #325
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I need to register. I did a 10k today that I plan to use to submit a time. I guess I don't have to wait until the official times are posted since I know my finish time.... but I thought I would wait.

Now, I see fares have come down on SW... and I am so tempted to book my return trip. (booked the flight down already) Thing is... the fare that is cheap is 2 days AFTER my friends check out and when I planned to also leave. Now... the day we are set to leave... the lowest fare is $324. 2 days later... $121. So... $200 less... but then I have to pay for a room for two nights. (not to mention food) That might just be a breakeven point....

Now to decide to register this week or get that fare!
If you want to enter before official times are posted.... Just state your time and the name of the race on the entry form. Just that simple. Or, you can furnish the official time link later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Cyan View Post
How does it work submitting a time from a prior race? I haven't done a race yet but what length should I look for in the coming months and how long do I have before the race to get my time in?
First, you only need a proof if you are estimating a time quicker than the standard on the entry form (sub 2 hour I believe). For a race to qualify, it must be a race of 10k (6.2 miles) or longer held later than 7/1/11. The easiest way to submit the proof of time is at entry, but you can email the proof after entry and anytime up to about 4-6 weeks pre-race. If your best race is later than that, simply bring the proof of time with you to the expo and head to Runners Relations after picking up your bib.
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

I don't want easy - just possible

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cewait/
cewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:52 PM   #326
kmchisholm
Mouseketeer

I've done 2 other halves and found it helpful to submit a time even if I'm only a few minutes faster just to bump up a corral or two. Lets me enjoy the race and character stops rather than worry about being swept.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:06 PM   #327
MickeyMinnieMom
If you ticket it, they will come... ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmchisholm View Post
I've done 2 other halves and found it helpful to submit a time even if I'm only a few minutes faster just to bump up a corral or two. Lets me enjoy the race and character stops rather than worry about being swept.
Completely new to this, so this may be a silly question: why would you worry more about being swept in a later corral? Doesn't it depend on your pace (max 16min/mi), no matter what corral you're in? Is it a matter of potentially being slowed down by other runners in the later corrals?

MickeyMinnieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:20 PM   #328
kmchisholm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMinnieMom View Post

Completely new to this, so this may be a silly question: why would you worry more about being swept in a later corral? Doesn't it depend on your pace (max 16min/mi), no matter what corral you're in? Is it a matter of potentially being slowed down by other runners in the later corrals?
I think it's a 16 minute pace from the time the last runner crosses the start line giving you a cushion if you're in a corral or two up. However, anyone else please correct me of I'm wrong.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:24 PM   #329
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

Yes...

The sweepers travel at a time equivalent to a 16 minute pace from when the last runner starts. A little off race, but if a runner in the marathon in January could start in corral A instead of the last corral they would have approx 8 hours to finish since it takes about an hour to start all waves. In the 10 miler, the start period may be 25 minutes... But if a runner could get at the very front of the line, they would have an approximate 18.5 minute pac allowance.
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

I don't want easy - just possible

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cewait/
cewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:35 AM   #330
MickeyMinnieMom
If you ticket it, they will come... ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmchisholm View Post
I think it's a 16 minute pace from the time the last runner crosses the start line giving you a cushion if you're in a corral or two up. However, anyone else please correct me of I'm wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cewait View Post
Yes...

The sweepers travel at a time equivalent to a 16 minute pace from when the last runner starts. A little off race, but if a runner in the marathon in January could start in corral A instead of the last corral they would have approx 8 hours to finish since it takes about an hour to start all waves. In the 10 miler, the start period may be 25 minutes... But if a runner could get at the very front of the line, they would have an approximate 18.5 minute pac allowance.
I see -- thanks! Seems a little nutty... giving "an edge" of sorts to those who "need" it least!!

MickeyMinnieMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: