Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Teen Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2013, 10:02 PM   #1
DisneyBalloons
should have been born into a Disney fairytale

What do you miss most?

Just thinking about changes in Disney over the years... so what do you miss most?

I miss TV shows like Duck Tales (ooh-ooh) and The Little Mermaid and Aladdin series.... and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and when they had that Lion King show at MK where Philarmagic is now.
DisneyBalloons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:03 PM   #2
cmwade77
DIS Veteran

I miss the Country Bear Christmas Special.
cmwade77 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2013, 10:08 AM   #3
Fab
Earning My Ears

I miss the pal mickeys and all the clothes you can get for them! I used to love walking around the park and Mickey buzzing (literally) and playing games with him in queues and transporting to other parks!

I still have my pal Mickey and all his clothes just a shame nobody uses them and I doubt he will even react around the park anymore :-(

Disney land Paris
Dec 2009
Fab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:17 PM   #4
jazzhandsrobit
Earning My Ears

ugh i miss duck tales so much! that and Disney's house of mouse(which came later but was still hilarious and incorporated traditional style cartoons featuring the main disney cast). In general i miss the way they would make actual cartoon hand drawn animation, but its because its more expensive.

i miss mr. toads wild ride, im going to DEFINITELY miss Snow Whites Scary Adventures, i wish they would bring back the decorations from their wdw 25th anniversary when they decorated it like a cake!

i miss minnie's house and mickey's house! are they going to bring them back at all to wdw now that they are rearranging everything and have gotten rid of "toon town" for the most part?
jazzhandsrobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:47 PM   #5
niallsprincess
"Lets never lose sight of one thing; It all started with a mouse." ~Walt Disney

Yeah, I miss Toon Town. I feel that while it was probably more intended for younger kids, teenagers still liked it too. I know I did.
Aspiring Artist.
I want you to want me this way, and I need you to need me to stay. If you say that you don't feel a thing, if you don't know, let me go...
And tomorrow's just a dream away...
niallsprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:38 PM   #6
WDWsweetsixteengirl
Mouseketeer

I really miss toon town. There wasnt much to do there but it was still really cute

Some day my prince will comebecause a dream is a wish your heart makesand I saw him once upon a dream so I want to be a part of his worldbecause this is the tale as old as timeand it feels like a whole new worldpainting with the colors of the windO now I feel like I'm almost therebecause at last I see the lightAnd now I feel so brave

WDW 2006: Pop Century
WDW 2009: All-Star Movies
WDW 2011: Caribbean Beach
WDW spring 2013: ?
WDW summer 2013: Caribbean Beach?
WDWsweetsixteengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:54 PM   #7
MaleficentsBFF
Earning My Ears

I really miss Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure. I understand that Phineas and Ferb is a really popular show now, but Kim Possible was my favorite show before it went off the air! I agree with all the above posts as well. I don't see why they had to get rid of all the classic rides and attractions.

Dad- Mom- Lil' bro(5)- Lil' bro(10)- Lil' sis(3)- Me(13)-
MaleficentsBFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:46 AM   #8
Darkwing Duck
DIS Veteran

I've been to Walt Disney World every summer since 1991 so Ive seen my fair share of Disney attractions come and go.
There used to be a restaurant called Goofy's Grill at DTD that was reallllyyyy good. I miss the Body Wars ride at EPCOT ( simulator like Star Tours) I miss the sky way cable cars that used to go through fantasy land. I also already miss the old test track. I'm just not into that futuristic Tron style.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:08 PM   #9
Sparrow03
"The only rules that matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do." - Captain Jack Sparrow

I miss both the pre-2011 Walt Disney Pictures CGI logo and the classic animation quality of Disney Animated films as well.

Last edited by Sparrow03; 03-17-2013 at 04:32 PM.
Sparrow03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:29 PM   #10
Orreed
Olivia

VMK! That was a major par of my childhood. It's sad VMK closed.
Orreed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:51 PM   #11
disneyanney
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light."-Albus Dumbledore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orreed
VMK! That was a major par of my childhood. It's sad VMK closed.
Definitely! I miss it so much...wasn't really a huge part of mine (was 7 when it opened and finally was able to get it to work on our computer 1 1/2 before it closed...) but it was definitely a way of being at the parks at home!
"If your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme." -Jiminy Cricket
"The very things that hold you down are going to lift you back up." -Timothy Mouse
"Oh yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or...learn from it." -Rafiki
"Mr. Moony presents his compliments to Professor Snape, and begs him to keep his abnormally large nose out of other people’s business.
Mr. Prongs agrees with Mr. Moony, and would like to add that Professor Snape is an ugly git.
Mr. Padfoot would like to register his astonishment that an idiot like that ever became a professor.
Mr. Wormtail bids Professor Snape good day, and advises him to wash his hair, the slimeball." — The Marauders’ Map

Offsite @ DL Feb 2000 offsite DL Aug. 2000 AKL Jan 2002 OKW Oct 2002 & MNSSHP POR/GF castle view May 2004 DL/SW offsite May 2005 Disney Magic Mar. 2006 Home @ Poly Sept. 2006/2007 + MNSSHP DL offsite Dec. 2008 Disney Wonder & MNSSHP Oct. 2009 POR May 2011 Disney Dream May/June 2012 & WWOHP Royal @ POR May 2013Alligator Bayou@POR +MNSSHP Sept. 2104
disneyanney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:57 PM   #12
PrincessTori96
Disney Princess

I miss Body Wars and Cranium Command. I miss the old test track. I miss the Kim Possible world showcase adventure and the meet and greet with her and Ron. I miss Snow White's Scary Adventures. And most of all I miss VMK.

How can you read this? It doesn't have any pictures!
I'm just a princess enjoying my adventures through Walt Disney World every weekend...
PrincessTori96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:13 AM   #13
Silvermist20
Proud Directioner, Disney addict, awesome person, etc etc etc!

I definitely miss Toontown. I used to always have my picture taken by Mickey's mailbox when I was younger. I like the new Fantasyland, but Toontown will always be remembered. And I almost forgot about the pal Mickey's! I still have mine but it's probably broken by now.
WDW: May 2003 (POR) // July 2004 (SSR) // November 2004 (OKW) // May 2005 (BCV) // November 2006 (OKW) // June 2007 (BWV) // November 2008 (SSR) // May 2009 (BWV) // September 2009 (OKW) // June 2010 (OKW, SSR) // November 2012 (AKV, SSR Treehouse) // February 2013 (VWL, SSR, BLT) // September 2013 (SSR, VWL)

You can't have a rainbow without a little rain.
"Happiness hit her like a train on a track." ~Florence + The Machine (Dog Days Are Over)
Disney, basically.
Future Mrs. Stypayhorlikson!

Current PTR/TR: Coming Soon! // Past PTR's/TR's: Oh, So You Fly Like Peter Pan? A September 2013 TR

Silvermist20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:08 AM   #14
disneyanney
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light."-Albus Dumbledore

I actually really miss Toontown and Snow White's Scary Adventures. Even though a lot of little kids (my brothers, at least) were scared of it, I actually didn't think it was that bad.
I think we have always loved Toontown. It's been there throughout my childhood, so it's definitely going to be weird not seeing it when we go in a 7 weeks.
I'd say Mr.Toad as well, but 1)I don't remember it being at WDW although I know it was and 2)It's still at DL so I know there is still some place to ride it.
"If your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme." -Jiminy Cricket
"The very things that hold you down are going to lift you back up." -Timothy Mouse
"Oh yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or...learn from it." -Rafiki
"Mr. Moony presents his compliments to Professor Snape, and begs him to keep his abnormally large nose out of other people’s business.
Mr. Prongs agrees with Mr. Moony, and would like to add that Professor Snape is an ugly git.
Mr. Padfoot would like to register his astonishment that an idiot like that ever became a professor.
Mr. Wormtail bids Professor Snape good day, and advises him to wash his hair, the slimeball." — The Marauders’ Map

Offsite @ DL Feb 2000 offsite DL Aug. 2000 AKL Jan 2002 OKW Oct 2002 & MNSSHP POR/GF castle view May 2004 DL/SW offsite May 2005 Disney Magic Mar. 2006 Home @ Poly Sept. 2006/2007 + MNSSHP DL offsite Dec. 2008 Disney Wonder & MNSSHP Oct. 2009 POR May 2011 Disney Dream May/June 2012 & WWOHP Royal @ POR May 2013Alligator Bayou@POR +MNSSHP Sept. 2104
disneyanney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:17 PM   #15
Darkwing Duck
DIS Veteran

I actually also miss the Honey I shrunk the Audience 3D show at EPCOT. I miss it because the Captain EO michael jackson show they replaced it with is horrible

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: