DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2013, 11:34 AM   #1
babesboo99
Veteren Disney Vacationer

How long do you think the waiting lists will be for each resort?

We went on a waiting list for BCV about a week ago with the impending increase. And I was just wondering, how long do you think it will take for each resort since there is a 6 month wait for the prices before Mar 20th?
babesboo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:19 PM   #2
bakerworld
DIS Veteran

We also are on the wait list for BWV and then we added BCV. Our guide said that many of his clients are wait listing all the older resorts to hold the price. We only WL what we were interested in buying.

AKL 2008, BLT 2009, BCV 2013
bakerworld is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2013, 01:16 PM   #3
Irishmom23
DIS Veteran
Some Tag Fairies are IRISH themselves! :-D

I am on the waiting list for Hilton Head for my use year (Feb).
Old 03-17-2013, 01:33 PM   #4
sanibel93
ALL Ears

On a waitlist for OKW the last couple of weeks. Guide says they have been taking about 1 to 2 months to fill.
sanibel93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:10 PM   #5
GBPackers
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanibel93 View Post
On a waitlist for OKW the last couple of weeks. Guide says they have been taking about 1 to 2 months to fill.
It would be great to see a thread that can show us wait list times. I went on Waitlist for OKW A week ago. Guide also told me 1-2 months. Let's hope they start buying them back!
GBPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:45 PM   #6
babesboo99

I know how it feels . It's only been a week and I feel like it's taking forever
Old 03-18-2013, 04:47 PM   #7
kristenrice
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishmom23 View Post
I am on the waiting list for Hilton Head for my use year (Feb).
Whew! Good to know there aren't any readily-available HHI points with my Feb UY. I'm still paying off the 50 we bought, but I'd really like 25-50 more.

2001 OKW 2002 WL for HONEYMOON!January 2008 POP/OKW October 2008 AKV GIRLS ONLY! June 2009 AKV October 2009 POP with my BFF for my Birthday April 2010 AKV April 2011 HHI Oct 2011 BLT/BWV with DSiL June 2012 GRAND GATHERING at OKW April 2013 HHI November 2013 AKV *1st Half-Marathon*Oct 2014 Surprising the Nieces at AKV May 2015 AKV Expedition Everest Challenge
kristenrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:22 PM   #8
Irishmom23
DIS Veteran
Some Tag Fairies are IRISH themselves! :-D

Yes, my guide told me his last client who wanted HH waited four months I'm in no rush as I have three trips planned to WDW between now and December so won't be going to HH any time soon However I wanted to get in on the current price before it goes up to $115.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:04 PM   #9
babesboo99

That's why I went on the waiting list for the current price of BCV..I hope it'snot to long though but my guide did say could take up to a few months
Old 03-18-2013, 07:41 PM   #10
bzzelady
DIS Veteran

We went on the waitlist today for 100 BCV points with an October UY. My guide told me that we were the only ones waitlisted for Oct, and that the BCV waitlists, shockingly, were very low (he quoted me 3 for March, 1 for August, and 1 for Feb...but did not say how many points each of these waitlists were requesting). After hearing chatter on here and looking at current lack of available resales for BCV, I was very, very surprised by this information.

Now let's see how long it takes to get these little points so I can bank them in preparation for next year's big vacation

Me DH DD14 DM
bzzelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:52 PM   #11
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

How does the waitlist process work? I know you have to give a CC but do they give you a heads up that it came through before charging or just charge away?

Maybe a silly question but we'd want to use our Disney Visa for the deposit and with my luck it'd come through while we are on vacation and using it for trip expenses then and could have a conflict so trying to understand if there is any notification at all ahead of time.

TIA
Old 03-18-2013, 08:24 PM   #12
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzzelady View Post
We went on the waitlist today for 100 BCV points with an October UY. My guide told me that we were the only ones waitlisted for Oct, and that the BCV waitlists, shockingly, were very low (he quoted me 3 for March, 1 for August, and 1 for Feb...but did not say how many points each of these waitlists were requesting). After hearing chatter on here and looking at current lack of available resales for BCV, I was very, very surprised by this information.
Interesting news.......
Talked to our guide this morning. We are thinking 30/40 points at BCV Feb UY. We have until tomorrow afternoon to decide if we want to pull the trigger and get on the waitlist.
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:24 PM   #13
cbnsoul
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzzelady View Post

Now let's see how long it takes to get these little points so I can bank them in preparation for next year's big vacation

I went on the wait list for 50 BCV points for a Dec UY today. Guide didn't tell me how many were on the list ahead of me but I didn't get the impression the points were likely coming soon.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:25 PM   #14
cbnsoul
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
How does the waitlist process work? I know you have to give a CC but do they give you a heads up that it came through before charging or just charge away?

Maybe a silly question but we'd want to use our Disney Visa for the deposit and with my luck it'd come through while we are on vacation and using it for trip expenses then and could have a conflict so trying to understand if there is any notification at all ahead of time.

TIA
They don't contact you. You just get charged and the points pop into your account. I've been on 2 wait lists - one for 2 days and one for 4 months (both for BCV) so you never know when things will come through...

Last edited by cbnsoul; 03-19-2013 at 10:04 AM.
cbnsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:58 PM   #15
wordwitt
Mouseketeer

Hilton Head

All this talk of Hilton Head wait lists does not bode well for the offer I put in on HHI today. But since I haven't even heard back from the seller, I'm not going to put the cart in front of the horse. When I asked Sharon at Fidelity about whether she thought it would get ROFR'd, she said "that could happen." I mean, I guess it could always happen, but she told me Disney has started exercising ROFR at HHI more often lately.
wordwitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: