DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-16-2013, 02:38 PM   #16
kkolbusz1
Mouseketeer
 
kkolbusz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 194

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meggysmum View Post
Well done, that makes me more hopeful!
DOes anyone think things will change after the 20th?
kkolbusz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:45 PM   #17
ELMC
DIS Veteran
 
ELMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,981

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkolbusz1 View Post
DOes anyone think things will change after the 20th?
No. Judging by the posts on here, the wait lists are filling up with people who will be grandfathered in at the old prices. So even after the prices go up, there will still be a lot of "orders" that will need to be filled. If DVD can't get those points through foreclosure, then they will most likely have to turn to ROFR.
__________________
ELMC is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-17-2013, 09:08 AM   #18
disbound09
Mouseketeer
 
disbound09's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 299

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I hope you pass we love SSR and are so happy to be be past the ROFR which doesn't always make sense.

We were thankful to pass ROFR limbo last month 320 Aug UY all 2012 and 2013 intact owner paid 2012 we paid 2013 MF and split closing $53 per pt

Our Broker TBS was terrible. Still waiting for points to be put into our account. We signed contract 1/9, they have been inept, wasteful of time and do not communicate. They said I should see the points sometime in April??? And yes I told them I would forever warn others of their lack of professionalism and common courtesy....wired $$$$ 2 weeks ago.

Good luck!!
__________________
: ME54:DW53:DS20 DS17 DS11:
disbound09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:44 AM   #19
Missyrose
DIS Veteran
 
Missyrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northern Va.
Posts: 6,823

Quote:
Originally Posted by disbound09 View Post
I hope you pass we love SSR and are so happy to be be past the ROFR which doesn't always make sense.

We were thankful to pass ROFR limbo last month 320 Aug UY all 2012 and 2013 intact owner paid 2012 we paid 2013 MF and split closing $53 per pt

Our Broker TBS was terrible. Still waiting for points to be put into our account. We signed contract 1/9, they have been inept, wasteful of time and do not communicate. They said I should see the points sometime in April??? And yes I told them I would forever warn others of their lack of professionalism and common courtesy....wired $$$$ 2 weeks ago.

Good luck!!
Have you closed yet? If you've closed and you're waiting for Disney to input your contract into the system, you're pretty much right on schedule. It's has been taking closer to three months from the time people sign their contracts to when they can book their first reservation.
__________________
Missy Franklin (Pixel Dust) | Facebook: World of Yesterday, Tomorrow & Fantasy | Current TR: 5/14 Past TR: 10/13, 1/13, 5/13, 10/12, 3/12 , 10/11, 10/10
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:15 PM   #20
AddieAidey
Earning My Ears
 
AddieAidey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 28

I saw one loaded with last years points get ROFR'd at $63.50. I have been seeing more go in the $60+ range and loaded contracts below $60 are getting ROFR'd more frequently.

We are in contract on a "triple" loaded SSR of 160 points- 320 points now(160 banked '11, 160 '12) and 160 '13 for $66 a point. This was the perfect contract for us so we are willing to pay a few more dollars per point, especially with the upcoming price increases and all the contracts being exercised. Hoping for the best!

Have to say that I was working with Fidelity and was just not hearing back on offers we had made. I also made it clear that I wanted the contract to go to Disney before the 20th. Just don't get it since we were clearly a hot buyer.

I called Kristen and Kin- Resale DVC and they are just lovely! Told her what I wanted and she made it happen. Within 26 hours we had an offer accepted and contract. They are on the ball with communication and are so professional.

Last edited by AddieAidey; 03-17-2013 at 05:11 PM.
AddieAidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:47 PM   #21
disbound09
Mouseketeer
 
disbound09's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 299

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Have you closed yet? If you've closed and you're waiting for Disney to input your contract into the system, you're pretty much right on schedule. It's has been taking closer to three months from the time people sign their contracts to when they can book their first reservation.
Not really sure if it is closed yet. We wired balance on 3/4 contract balance was incorrect when sent on 2/25. Spoke to title company and they had not caught mistake. Owner has to sign and send back corrected contract. Broker with TBS quit/fired get a different story from different sources so IDK. But we started this in first week of December. Just been sloooow in communications and updates. Have airfare for June 11th so getting worried about whether any 2 bed SSR will be available when we finally get access. I called three times to make them bank points over the course of two days before they called owner. You can tell I am frustrated with them. LOL
__________________
: ME54:DW53:DS20 DS17 DS11:
disbound09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:33 PM   #22
HtomSirveaux
Mouseketeer
 
HtomSirveaux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 242

Quote:
Originally Posted by disbound09 View Post
Have airfare for June 11th so getting worried about whether any 2 bed SSR will be available when we finally get access.
I know it wasn't really the point but if it helps you feel any better, SSR 2BRs (dedicated and lock-off) are wide open for 6/11-18 as of right now as I write this (as always, that's subject to change). Plus worst case, OKW is available for less points...
__________________
03/05 - POR | 10/06 - Honeymoon at BWI | 05/07 - Solo @ DLR Offsite | 01/08 - DLR Offsite | 02/09 - POP | 09/09 - Solo @ DLR Offsite (D23 Expo) | 02/10 - Wonder 4-Night | 10/10 - BLT (Food & Wine) | 06/11 - SSR (SWW) | 08/11 - DLH/Offsite (D23 Expo) | 02/12 - OKW | 04/13 - AKV Jambo | 08/13 - DLR Offsite (D23 Expo) | 12/13 SSR | 3/14 VWL | 11/14 Destination D/Birthday

HtomSirveaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:51 PM   #23
kkolbusz1
Mouseketeer
 
kkolbusz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 194

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddieAidey View Post
I saw one loaded with last years points get ROFR'd at $63.50. I have been seeing more go in the $60+ range and loaded contracts below $60 are getting ROFR'd more frequently.

We are in contract on a "triple" loaded SSR of 160 points- 320 points now(160 banked '11, 160 '12) and 160 '13 for $66 a point. This was the perfect contract for us so we are willing to pay a few more dollars per point, especially with the upcoming price increases and all the contracts being exercised. Hoping for the best!

Have to say that I was working with Fidelity and was just not hearing back on offers we had made. I also made it clear that I wanted the contract to go to Disney before the 20th. Just don't get it since we were clearly a hot buyer.

I called Kristen and Kin- Resale DVC and can not tell you how lovely they are! Told her what I wanted and she made it happen. Within 26 hours we had an offer accepted and contract. They are on the ball with communication and are so professional.
I was in contact with all companies initially. Fidelity had what we were looking for. Offered $3 over asking price to hopefully pass rofr because i thought $60 was too low. K inn said he hasn't seen any come back over $60. But that's from his co. Jamie at resale from resalebydvc says theyre consistantly passing at $61-$66.

Last edited by kkolbusz1; 03-17-2013 at 03:56 PM.
kkolbusz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:14 PM   #24
disbound09
Mouseketeer
 
disbound09's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 299

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtomSirveaux View Post
I know it wasn't really the point but if it helps you feel any better, SSR 2BRs (dedicated and lock-off) are wide open for 6/11-18 as of right now as I write this (as always, that's subject to change). Plus worst case, OKW is available for less points...
Thanks for the words of encouragement. Hoping to hear something Monday or Tuesday. Just emailed both title company rep, who has been good and kinda feels sorry for the mess and new broker about just having the current owners book the reservation in our name next week. Don't know if they can do that if the points are part of a contract or not. Waiting to find out I think we will have them the first week or so of April. So that would be less than 2 months or right at it.
__________________
: ME54:DW53:DS20 DS17 DS11:
disbound09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:03 AM   #25
rojen
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 86

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

ROFR monster got me today. SSR 200 OCTUY. 322 2012 points and all forward. Seller pays closing, Buyer 2013 MF. $55 per point. Picked a bad time to start my resale purchase.
rojen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #26
MickeyFan612
Mouseketeer
 
MickeyFan612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 416

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojen View Post
ROFR monster got me today. SSR 200 OCTUY. 322 2012 points and all forward. Seller pays closing, Buyer 2013 MF. $55 per point. Picked a bad time to start my resale purchase.
Sorry to hear Very frustrating- will you try again? It looks like AKV is a safe bet- no ROFR activity reported!
MickeyFan612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:04 AM   #27
rojen
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 86

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyFan612 View Post
Sorry to hear Very frustrating- will you try again? It looks like AKV is a safe bet- no ROFR activity reported!
We're looking at AKV now too. I'm worried about the MF there skyrocketing though. Never know how things will shake out with all those animals there. Plus, great deals at AKV seem to be the standard rate at SSR, at least $60 per point to pass ROFR now.

Might wait a month or two as well. I'm guessing the waitlists are a lot shorter than DVD thinks they are. I'm guessing at least some people got on the waitlist and won't end up buying.
rojen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:16 AM   #28
jenbelles
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojen View Post
ROFR monster got me today. SSR 200 OCTUY. 322 2012 points and all forward. Seller pays closing, Buyer 2013 MF. $55 per point. Picked a bad time to start my resale purchase.
I wonder if it is the Oct UY. My SSR Oct UY; 150 Pts; $58; all 2012 and forward ROFR'd about two weeks ago. We tried again with a Dec UY (in line with our current contracts). I initially though it was the price and 2012 points, but now I wonder if it is the UY.
jenbelles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:41 AM   #29
DougEMG
DIS Veteran
 
DougEMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Posts: 1,702

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojen View Post
ROFR monster got me today. SSR 200 OCTUY. 322 2012 points and all forward. Seller pays closing, Buyer 2013 MF. $55 per point. Picked a bad time to start my resale purchase.
Sorry to hear that, that would have been a nice contract, better luck next time.
__________________
DougEMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:08 PM   #30
NHTikiBeckie
DIS Veteran
 
NHTikiBeckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Portsmouth, NH
Posts: 1,801

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyFan612 View Post
Sorry to hear Very frustrating- will you try again? It looks like AKV is a safe bet- no ROFR activity reported!
I will let you know...I had a 100 point AKV Dec UY $65 per point loaded contract sent to ROFR on 2/23 and should find out in the next couple days (it's usually Tues/Wed right?)...I waited so long to get a contract that worked for us and I will be very disappointed if it doesn't go through
__________________


Disney World videos I made!

http://vimeo.com/7316001 (MGM & Animal Kingdom)

http://vimeo.com/7315073 (Epcot)

http://vimeo.com/7316111 (Magic Kingdom)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjHXWMp1uhI (Christmas and Fun outside the parks)
NHTikiBeckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.