Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2013, 11:54 AM   #13
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

We absolutely love dinner at Palo, and feel it is definitely a must do on our cruises. Since you will be on the Dream, try and book Palo for the night you will repeat in one of the three dining rooms. If I remember correctly, you will repeat the same dining room on nights 3 and 4, with night 3 being Pirate Night. If that isn't a good option (i.e. you do not want to miss Pirate Night along with wanting to dine together as a family on your last night of the cruise), then I would skip either Enchanted Garden or Royal Palace, as I think your children would love Animator's Palate (although if one of them has sensory issues, AP might be overdo for them since it is quite loud in there...in that case, you may decide that is best dining room for your family to miss). Of course, you will not know your rotation prior to your cruise, but you can always call DCL and request a certain rotation (AP/EG/RP/RP or RP/AP/EG/EG or EG/RP/AP/AP). Not a guarantee, but they will try to honor your request. And if the rotation ends up not working out with your plans, you can try and change Palo dinner after you board the ship.

Now, if you do decide to have dinner at Palo your children still have a few options for dinner that evening. First, they can eat in the dining room alone. Just let your servers know ahead of time, and they will tend to them! There are also a few other food options on the ship. Cabanas buffet will be open on certain nights of your sailing. If it happens to be open on your Palo night, you can take your kids to eat there before your dinner. Also, room service is available 24 hours...they can enjoy a fun in-room dinner before heading off to the clubs, while you head off to Palo. Lastly, they can get a bite from Flo's where you will find burgers, hot dogs, sandwiches, salad, pizza, and the like.

Hope this helps!

iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: