Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 02:14 AM   #2956
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

So sorry for your loss! I had to take my 17 year old cat to the vet this week too. It seems like she'll be ok for a while. Just not sure how long....
Old 03-16-2013, 06:17 AM   #2957
Three cats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedfromNL View Post
Bit down right now.
Had to take my 17year old cat to the vets for the last time, hurts.

Needed to come over here and look at the pretty pictures and all. Think happy thoughts.
I am sorry to hear about your kitty. You can probably tell by my user name that I love cats. I lost my 17 and 18 year old cats within 2 months of each other last year. Absolutely heartbreaking. Sending good thoughts your way.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2013, 07:47 AM   #2958
CaliKT
Mouseketeer

So sorry for your loss, RedFromNL. Hope you can find some peace looking back at memories of your kitty.

Old 03-16-2013, 12:38 PM   #2959
RedfromNL
Mouseketeer

Gaius a few years ago, happy and comfortable on the couch.

Thanks all for your kind words, I just needed to share it and well thanks.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:10 PM   #2960
mikepdc
Earning My Ears

Hi all! Posting with a question from the lodge. Do any of the studio villas have a full bed instead of queen? Just checked in and the bed seems smaller than the queen I have at home, but CMs indicate all studios have queen beds. TIA!
Old 03-16-2013, 02:02 PM   #2961
Sophie's Mom
Wishing I was at Disney!

Quote:
Bit down right now.
Had to take my 17year old cat to the vets for the last time, hurts.

Needed to come over here and look at the pretty pictures and all. Think happy thoughts.
So sorry for your loss. We had to put on 17 year old Yorkie down in November. I'm still sad So I feel your sadness! Disney thoughts can help keep your mind busy.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:18 AM   #2962
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

From DIS Updates:

Disney to enforce age restrictions for unaccompanied minors

Leah Zanolla | Posted: Mar 16, 2013 | Updated: Mar 16, 2013 - 10:28:32 PM

The U.S. Disney theme parks are putting a new age restriction into place. Beginning March 23, children under the age of 14 will not be able to enter the parks unless someone aged 14 or older accompanies them. There was previously no documented age policy, but no specific incident prompted the change. Suzi Brown, Disneyland spokeswoman said, "We regularly review all of our policies, and we identified an opportunity to provide a consistent age of admission and address a question we occasionally get from parents. The question is just if we have a minimum age."

The age of 14 was chosen after guest surveys were taken, as well as surveys from child welfare organizations. Brown said, "If a cast member who is working at the front gates sees a guest who appears to be younger than 14 without someone who appears to be older than that, they will engage in a conversation with the guest." As guests of that age don't normally have ID, the cast member will decide if the parent or guardian needs to come accompany the child into the park.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:20 AM   #2963
bluecastle
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Gaius a few years ago, happy and comfortable on the couch.

Thanks all for your kind words, I just needed to share it and well thanks.
Very sorry to read about your loss. I have lost many kitties over the years and it always hurts. We lost our last one, 19 years old, 14 years ago. We were recently watching videos of our DD when she was a baby and were so happy to see him looking young and healthy. I just have pictures of the others cats I have loved in my life, but I am so thankful we have videos of our last one. He was a part of our family for so long, and a companion to my daughter, unwillingly most of the time!, from the day she came home from the hospital until high school. Gaius looks like he was well-loved.
Hopefully, planning your upcoming trip will give you some happy moments!
'81 offsite, 4/90 Polynesian, 8/91 Beach Club, 7/92 Pt. Orleans, 10/94 Polynesian, 10/96 Caribbean Beach, 6/00 Wilderness Lodge, 6/02 Portofino/Polynesian, 12/09 Wilderness Lodge, 8/14 Portofino/Villas at Wilderness Lodge
Old 03-17-2013, 10:24 AM   #2964
bluecastle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Here's a little video to distract you. It's the newest DIS video in the "park bench" series. It's of the view from the TE porch at FW. There are boat horns, golf carts and an abandoned sippy cup! I thought for sure the two ladies who stop in the golf cart were going to retrieve the sippy cup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kuqox...wdwinfo.com%29

Thanks for posting this video! It was very relaxing. Some of the WDW videos online now are so hyper- quick clips that go by so fast that it is hard for me to enjoy them. This really helped me to feel like I was there.
'81 offsite, 4/90 Polynesian, 8/91 Beach Club, 7/92 Pt. Orleans, 10/94 Polynesian, 10/96 Caribbean Beach, 6/00 Wilderness Lodge, 6/02 Portofino/Polynesian, 12/09 Wilderness Lodge, 8/14 Portofino/Villas at Wilderness Lodge
Old 03-17-2013, 11:48 AM   #2965
Liberator
Mouseketeer

The decision was made...we booked Wilderness Lodge instead of Contemporary or Animal Kingdom Lodge!

This thread and so many positive reviews convinced us to book for 09/08 - 09/13.

We booked a Standard View - where are all those standard view rooms?
I have only seen some pictures of rooms overlooking the driveway for deliveries and garbage etc.

Should I request something or are the views really only of this driveway?
It is not that important what view we have, but I think we should try to make the best of it.

WDW visits: 2008 Offsite *** 2009 All Star Sports *** 2013 Split Stay Wilderness Lodge / Pop Century

Universal Orlando visits: 2008 Offsite *** 2009 Offsite *** 2013 Royal Pacific Resort
Old 03-17-2013, 05:20 PM   #2966
StEpHandMiKe<3Disney
DIS Veteran

Trying to get back into the groove of things.... I've missed my fellow dissers!!!!! Especially my WL crew!!!! We booked standard last Oct and our view was over the delivery driveway area but we had a great view of wishes at night so we were fine with it. We have booked standard in the past and been upgraded but that is just luck =) We were on the 5th floor in October.
WDW '07 ~ WL Honeymoon WDW '08 ~ WL 1st Anniversary DL Aug '08 ~ HOJO WDW '09 ~ WL 2nd Anniversary WDW Feb '10 ~ WL my Birthday! DL July '10 ~ HOJO WDW May '11 ~ WL 4th Anniversary A WDW Christmas '11 WL WDW Halloween '12
WDW May 2017 WL Daughter's First Trip
Old 03-17-2013, 05:47 PM   #2967
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepdc View Post
Hi all! Posting with a question from the lodge. Do any of the studio villas have a full bed instead of queen? Just checked in and the bed seems smaller than the queen I have at home, but CMs indicate all studios have queen beds. TIA!
Hmmm... All the VWL beds are supposed to be queens. Maybe you could ask a mousekeeper if you could take a peak into another Studio to see if it's the same size?

Hope you're having great vacation despite the bed
Old 03-17-2013, 05:52 PM   #2968
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecastle View Post
Thanks for posting this video! It was very relaxing. Some of the WDW videos online now are so hyper- quick clips that go by so fast that it is hard for me to enjoy them. This really helped me to feel like I was there.
You're welcome. I loved hearing the boat horn and birds chirping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberator View Post

The decision was made...we booked Wilderness Lodge instead of Contemporary or Animal Kingdom Lodge!

This thread and so many positive reviews convinced us to book for 09/08 - 09/13.

We booked a Standard View - where are all those standard view rooms?
I have only seen some pictures of rooms overlooking the driveway for deliveries and garbage etc.

Should I request something or are the views really only of this driveway?
It is not that important what view we have, but I think we should try to make the best of it.
Welcome! There are also some STD rooms which overlook the bus stop, VWL area in the South Wing. Most seem to prefer the higher floors

Quote:
Originally Posted by StEpHandMiKe<3Disney View Post
Trying to get back into the groove of things.... I've missed my fellow dissers!!!!! Especially my WL crew!!!! We booked standard last Oct and our view was over the delivery driveway area but we had a great view of wishes at night so we were fine with it. We have booked standard in the past and been upgraded but that is just luck =) We were on the 5th floor in October.
Welcome back!
Old 03-17-2013, 06:01 PM   #2969
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepdc View Post
All studios have a queen and a double sleeper sofa (except for OKW which has two queen beds). And they are queen beds. I've measured them.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:11 PM   #2970
peteykirch
Mouseketeer

Just book a WL Court Yard view room for 10/27-11/2. Hopefully there will be a decent discount released between now and then for even more savings.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: