Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2013, 11:26 AM   #1
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Hitting the Disney trifecta! a Nov 2013 PTR-and then some!(2/21-Trip #3 return!)

Hi there, and to my latest PTR. For those new to my PTRs and TRs, I am a 43-year old engineer living in the Buffalo, NY area and have been a fan of Disney and Walt Disney World literally all my life, but it wasn’t until 2006 when I went with my DW and DD (then 3) to stay on property that we really became hooked on the mouse. Including that trip we’ve done seven trips to the Florida park, and this will be our eighth as a family (10th overall for DW, probably about the 16th or so for me). We are now full-fledged “Mouse-Junkies” and can’t go too long without a fix.

By the time of this trip, we won’t have been to Disney World in 2 years, which is the longest we’ve gone without since then. This picture is from our last trip in November 2011, which also included my mom.

The reason we didn’t go in 2012 was we had a massive trip to Australia, which you are welcome to read about in the 2012 Trip Report linked in my signature. As part of that trip, we were able to get our “Disney fix” by stopping in LA and having our first ever visit to Disneyland. It was very, very cool to do, but I would say we still preferred WDW – perhaps the old “home resort” story.

But, there’s more to this PTR than a trip to Disney World! That’s right, in the next 12 months, we are looking at doing the Disney Trifecta!

“But, SkierPete – what exactly do you mean by the Disney Trifecta?” you ask. “Read on,” I respond!

This TR will actually look at THREE upcoming trips:

Trip #1- June, 2013: (less than 3 months away as I write this) we are joining the DIS unplug themselves in the Adventures By Disney: Backstage Magic Tour, which includes 3 days at Disneyland Resort in California. Our first (and probably only) ever ABD tour.

Trip #2- October or November 2013: 10 days at the Walt Disney World resort. Location and date still to be 100 % determined.

Trip #3- February, 2014: a 5-day Caribbean cruise aboard the Disney Wonder. Our first ever cruise of any kind.

So – the (US) Disney Trifecta that I speak of: Disneyland, Disney World, and Disney Cruise Lines! All right here – and all covered in a single Pre-Trip Report. (with Trip Report links provided).

Next up, how each trip came to be...

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

Last edited by skier_pete; 02-22-2014 at 04:10 PM.
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: