Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2013, 08:47 PM   #1
peekies722
Mouseketeer

2 questions

I'm a Newbie, ready to switch over to the darkside for a couple of days and I have a couple of questions.

First one, is there a difference between the 10%discount of an AP holder or a AAA holder??? My kids want to drop ALL their money in the WWoHP, according to their plans they want to buy everything. So a discount would be helpful.

Next question, Universal currently has the 2+1 Day promo going on until June, we're going in April. I'm looking at the Base ticket only option. If I buy the AP will I be able to get 15% off this rate at the gate??? Or is the rate going to be for $139.99Adults/$123.99child(for 3 base days)with the 15% off of that????

Thanks for any help.
BTW, all this research on the Dis about Universal is getting me super psyched, I can't wait!!! This vacay may require a TR when completed, we'll see!
peekies722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:07 PM   #2
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peekies722 View Post
I'm a Newbie, ready to switch over to the darkside for a couple of days and I have a couple of questions.

First one, is there a difference between the 10%discount of an AP holder or a AAA holder??? My kids want to drop ALL their money in the WWoHP, according to their plans they want to buy everything. So a discount would be helpful.

Next question, Universal currently has the 2+1 Day promo going on until June, we're going in April. I'm looking at the Base ticket only option. If I buy the AP will I be able to get 15% off this rate at the gate??? Or is the rate going to be for $139.99Adults/$123.99child(for 3 base days)with the 15% off of that????

Thanks for any help.
BTW, all this research on the Dis about Universal is getting me super psyched, I can't wait!!! This vacay may require a TR when completed, we'll see!
No difference in the discounts. No, you won't get a discount off the promo tickets. I don't even think they are being sold at the gate at that price since the price is the same as the online price for the two days and not the gate price of the two days. You should contact them to see if they are even available at all at the gate.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2013, 09:26 PM   #3
peekies722
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much damo
Old 03-17-2013, 01:11 AM   #4
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

My son has that plan, too. Alas he's only 8 and his allowance isn't very high, so he depends on the kindness of us.

Along with the shops in the Wizarding World, there's also a BIG shop in Port of Entry that has a really nice HP section, and actually had at least one thing (Beetle the Bard's stories) that I didn't see IN Wizarding World.

I love my Ravenclaw lanyard.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:43 AM   #5
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Moving to the main board.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:04 PM   #6
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

the preferred annual pass and the AAA discounts are the same.

10% off of food and merch in the parks and some city walk places.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:58 PM   #7
peekies722
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
My son has that plan, too. Alas he's only 8 and his allowance isn't very high, so he depends on the kindness of us.

Along with the shops in the Wizarding World, there's also a BIG shop in Port of Entry that has a really nice HP section, and actually had at least one thing (Beetle the Bard's stories) that I didn't see IN Wizarding World.

I love my Ravenclaw lanyard.
Thanks so much for the info on the Port of Entry shop, normally I would not stop into a shop like that, my thinking would be that they'd have ALL the HP stuff in the WWoHP and not a good selection anywhere else. But then, being this will be my family's first trip to Universal my tween DD12 will probably want to hit every store on property, lol.
I checked out your TR from your Feb 12 trip, it was great, I loved all the pictures and your insight to the parks and E clearly is a cutie-sweetie pie
I can't wait to love my Slytherin scarf the way you love your Ravenclaw lanyard, hehe.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:00 PM   #8
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peekies722 View Post
I can't wait to love my Slytherin scarf the way you love your Ravenclaw lanyard, hehe.
Oh no, I helped a Slytherin!

Weird thing that I'll tell you so you don't think you're surrounded by fellow Slytherins (although of course you would like that)...the typical costume has green on it, so it looks like everyone is in "your" house. It really confused me for a bit, thinking that ALL of the Team Members had been sorted into Slytherin. But it's just the costume.

That said, they (as far as I know) have all done some sort of process for sorting, and (at least in my experience) have fun telling interested people what house they are in.

I hope you guys have lots of fun!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:12 PM   #9
coastgirl
DIS Veteran

Ooo...Ravenclaw lanyard...

Have you been on Pottermore? We had a beta login, haven't been back in ages (I say "we" because we only got one, and the kids made me share ). We managed to cadge the sorting quiz and got put in Ravenclaw.

I do remember a couple of staff telling us where they had been sorted--I don't know if they all got their "first choice" but they were quite passionate about their houses, it wasn't a casual "that's what it says on my nametag" kind of thing.

1st trip May/June 06
Jan/Feb 07, same crew at CBR. DCL Magic Eastern Dec 07 CSR Sept 2009
Universal/WWoHP in Sunset Lakes villa Feb 2010 Same again Aug 2013 in Emerald Island villa
PTR/TR Without the Mouse Round 2
TR: First visit to Universal/SeaWorld Feb 2011
coastgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: