Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 03:05 PM   #556
NJRRK
DIS Veteran

If you are in the tower, all views are basically the same. The only difference is the higher the floor the further you can see. On the Bay Lake side you'll see the lake and surrounding areas on the Theme Park side you'll see the MK, GF, TTC, Poly and Seven Seas Lagoon.

I've never been bothered by the sound of CM, but others have so I suggest asking for a high floor away from CM.

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
Old 03-14-2013, 03:11 PM   #557
Vincent405
Mouseketeer

We will not be in the bay lake Tower, "just" the Contemporary. Unless I am missing something.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 03:59 PM   #558
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent405 View Post
We will not be in the bay lake Tower, "just" the Contemporary. Unless I am missing something.

Bay Lake Tower is the DVC for the CR. Within the Contemporary Resort (CR) there is the Tower and the Garden Wing. If you book the Tower there are two bookable views: Bay Lake View (BLV) and Theme Park View (TPV) which is also known as MKV or Magic Kingdom View.

Feel free to ask questions anytime!
Old 03-14-2013, 04:04 PM   #559
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent405
I admit I did not go through this whole thread, if I should or my question has been answered elsewhere, just let me know.

I am looking for room suggestions for the Contemporary. I am planning on either park view or lagoon. Like everyone else I would hope to get a "quiet" room, "good" (eye of the beholder I know) view, etc.

Thanks.
We have been on both sides if the tower and each is beautiful for their own reasons. We request a high floor and away from Chef Mickey which puts us on the end of the tower closest to the MK. At that end you feel like you can reach out and touch Space mountain

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 03-14-2013, 04:23 PM   #560
Vincent405
Mouseketeer

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
We have been on both sides if the tower and each is beautiful for their own reasons. We request a high floor and away from Chef Mickey which puts us on the end of the tower closest to the MK. At that end you feel like you can reach out and touch Space mountain

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
And thank you very much wdwkook! Got a year to plan this and am going to gather as much info as I can.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:50 PM   #561
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI.2, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
We're doing CR/CL followed by YC/CL.
Hi Gwynne. What a great split! Sounds like fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent405 View Post
I am looking for room suggestions for the Contemporary. I am planning on either park view or lagoon. Like everyone else I would hope to get a "quiet" room, "good" (eye of the beholder I know) view, etc. Thanks.
Vincent405, I've never had a room I didn't like at Contemporary Resort, either in the Garden Wing or the Tower. Every room is a winner in my opinion. So plan a room you can comfortably afford because rates at this resort do vary quite a bit. With a year to plan, you'll have so much fun deciding on all the details. Enjoy!
Old 03-15-2013, 04:19 AM   #562
inky dinky doo
I've got the best cure for the blues. Schedule another trip to Walt Disney World, now!
The only problem with losing weight is that I'm beginning to look like a rapper

Crazy question, but can anyone point me to a map/drawing/pictures of the route from the garden wing to the convention center? From what I've seen, I'm having a hard time figuring out where the Convention Center is located.

Old 03-15-2013, 04:32 AM   #563
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by inky dinky doo View Post
Crazy question, but can anyone point me to a map/drawing/pictures of the route from the garden wing to the convention center? From what I've seen, I'm having a hard time figuring out where the Convention Center is located.
Not crazy! On this map you can see there is a path from the GW (just to the north of "South Parking") to the Convention Center. There is also a set of steps outside where you can enter the Tower across/north from the pool. The steps lead up right to the Convention area/CA Grill check-in:

Old 03-15-2013, 07:01 PM   #564
inky dinky doo
I've got the best cure for the blues. Schedule another trip to Walt Disney World, now!
The only problem with losing weight is that I'm beginning to look like a rapper

Wow! I thought it might be further than that, but on the map, it looks pretty close. Thanks!

Old 03-16-2013, 09:13 AM   #565
Georgi Zhukov
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRRK View Post
If you are in the tower, all views are basically the same. The only difference is the higher the floor the further you can see. On the Bay Lake side you'll see the lake and surrounding areas on the Theme Park side you'll see the MK, GF, TTC, Poly and Seven Seas Lagoon.

I've never been bothered by the sound of CM, but others have so I suggest asking for a high floor away from CM.
We've stayed on high and low floors and on either end of the tower (Theme Park View) over the years and I agree the view outside isn't that much different - it's all good.

With respect to noise levels, I've noticed a significant improvement over the past 5 years in CM noise. In 2008 we had a higher level floor on the CM end and the noise was really bad. It wasn't the crowd noise but the volume of the music and canned character voices during the "Celebrate" show that happened at least on the hour - perhaps more frequently. The music and voices blared right through our room door pretty late into the evening. Not sure if it was from people complaining or from a slew of cast member hearing loss workers' comp claims but the volume is now much lower. So much so that we don't care anymore if we are on the CM end or not. As an aside, being on the CM end is fantastic for people watching.

We did notice vibrations from the monorail when staying on the 4th floor, which is right above the monorail track, that has caused us to always request a high level floor when making our reservation. Other than that though, I would say you can't really go wrong.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:20 AM   #566
WDWKOOK

From DIS Updates:

Disney to enforce age restrictions for unaccompanied minors

Leah Zanolla | Posted: Mar 16, 2013 | Updated: Mar 16, 2013 - 10:28:32 PM

The U.S. Disney theme parks are putting a new age restriction into place. Beginning March 23, children under the age of 14 will not be able to enter the parks unless someone aged 14 or older accompanies them. There was previously no documented age policy, but no specific incident prompted the change. Suzi Brown, Disneyland spokeswoman said, "We regularly review all of our policies, and we identified an opportunity to provide a consistent age of admission and address a question we occasionally get from parents. The question is just if we have a minimum age."

The age of 14 was chosen after guest surveys were taken, as well as surveys from child welfare organizations. Brown said, "If a cast member who is working at the front gates sees a guest who appears to be younger than 14 without someone who appears to be older than that, they will engage in a conversation with the guest." As guests of that age don't normally have ID, the cast member will decide if the parent or guardian needs to come accompany the child into the park.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:58 PM   #567
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
From DIS Updates:

Disney to enforce age restrictions for unaccompanied minors

Leah Zanolla | Posted: Mar 16, 2013 | Updated: Mar 16, 2013 - 10:28:32 PM

The U.S. Disney theme parks are putting a new age restriction into place. Beginning March 23, children under the age of 14 will not be able to enter the parks unless someone aged 14 or older accompanies them. There was previously no documented age policy, but no specific incident prompted the change. Suzi Brown, Disneyland spokeswoman said, "We regularly review all of our policies, and we identified an opportunity to provide a consistent age of admission and address a question we occasionally get from parents. The question is just if we have a minimum age."

The age of 14 was chosen after guest surveys were taken, as well as surveys from child welfare organizations. Brown said, "If a cast member who is working at the front gates sees a guest who appears to be younger than 14 without someone who appears to be older than that, they will engage in a conversation with the guest." As guests of that age don't normally have ID, the cast member will decide if the parent or guardian needs to come accompany the child into the park.
But they will be charged adult dining prices at age 10.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 03-17-2013, 08:05 PM   #568
Annie78
Mouseketeer

Hello again CR gurus! I have a question about breakfast timing. I'd like to eat at the Wave before walking over to MK for RD (no EMH, 9am opening). It looks like they open at 7:30 - that should be more than enough time for a non-rushed breakfast before walking over, right? When should I plan to leave the CR to make it to RD in time to see the show? We don't care about jockeying for position for ETWB, just want to see the show.
And where exactly IS the Wave? I'll be coming over from BLT.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:38 AM   #569
montrealdisneylovers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie78 View Post
Hello again CR gurus! I have a question about breakfast timing. I'd like to eat at the Wave before walking over to MK for RD (no EMH, 9am opening). It looks like they open at 7:30 - that should be more than enough time for a non-rushed breakfast before walking over, right? When should I plan to leave the CR to make it to RD in time to see the show? We don't care about jockeying for position for ETWB, just want to see the show.
And where exactly IS the Wave? I'll be coming over from BLT.
Not sure what show you are talking about but we made it from BLT to the front gates in 10 minutes this past December. If you leave at 8:45 should be ample time depending on how fast you walk.

The Wave is located to the left, just past the lobby check in desk at the Contemporary.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:50 AM   #570
Earning My Ears

I'm staying in tower MK view in August and have requested a higher floor. I'm going with 17,16,2 and infant should I request a room away CM could anyone else suggest any other requests we should ask for? Thanks in advance!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: