Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2013, 07:09 PM   #1
spicycrab
Mouseketeer

Qs on Wilderness Lodge activities

1. Could I walk to Ft wilderness to do the chip and dale marshmallow roast or do I have to take other transportation?

2. Does the pool have life vests?

3. I thought I saw somewhere about fishing...has anyone done this?
Would love to hear other fun things others have done at the resort!
spicycrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:50 PM   #2
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicycrab View Post
1. Could I walk to Ft wilderness to do the chip and dale marshmallow roast or do I have to take other transportation?

2. Does the pool have life vests?

3. I thought I saw somewhere about fishing...has anyone done this?
Would love to hear other fun things others have done at the resort!
1. There is a boat to Ft Wilderness, a bus and a walking path. You have to ride the internal bus when you take the boat or the bus. I really don't know about the walking path. It is one of the things on our "to do" list on our next trip.

2. Yes, there are lift vests. My two grandchildren, age 3 and 5, wore them last month. They had a great time on the pool slide.

3. Yes, there is fishing. Someone reported on it recently. I'm not sure where I read about it.

You'll find a lot more information on the Wilderness Lodge thread.

Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

ETA: I found the fishing trip report from Ninja Mom, posted on the Beach Club thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
Wednesday. FISHING TRIP!!!!! We booked a fishing trip through Disney recreation and let me tell you this was the highlight of the trip! We left via the Contemporary hotel to fish in Bay lake for large mouth bass. The trip was 2 hours with a guide and all of the equipment that was needed, including sodas and water. The guide showed us what to do and baited/removed from the fish our hooks and was an all around wonderful, fun guy. My Dad fishes all the time now that he is retired and he LOVED this trip. In 2 hours we caught 15 fish! Dad said that was a banner day and that even up in Canada, where he goes fishing, there is never that much action.

If you are thinking of going fishing definitely book this trip at WDW. It was action packed and no stress what so ever! I highly recommend it!
P.S. The fact that I caught the biggest fish (20 inches) in no way influences my report.
PPS. Ask for Dan from Ohio!

-NM

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973

Last edited by Wood Nymph; 03-16-2013 at 09:02 PM.
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:22 PM   #3
jollygreengirl
Mouseketeer

It's pretty easy to get over to the campfire marshmallow roast. We have done it a few times from WL and from GF, as well. It's fun to make a whole night of it at FW and do HDDR, campfire, and then watch the water pageant before heading back.

I suggest taking the boat. It'll drop you near where HDDR/Trails End is. Short walk from dock to bus stop. The FW internal bus is kind of a pain, but you just get on the ones making the loop to the Meadow. It's a little confusing, but just tell the driver you're going to the campfire. They'll drop near the general store, then you walk a short distance to the campfire area.

The whole thing is really cute. You can bring your own 'Smores stuff or buy a kit for about $10. I usually take my own stuff and then just buy the 50 cent dowel rods. Or if you're my dh, you just find a dirty stick. The CMs light the fire and then there's a sing-a-long with a Cowboy and Chip & Dale meet and take pictures during the singing. It's a neat, (can be) free activity to do that's memorable.

As for walking, there is a path. It's pretty far, especially to where the campfire is. I would not be caught out there after dark, as it's mostly unlit and spooky. Very easy to get lost at night. We like to stroll out there after supper and watch for deer, but we've never gone all the way to FW.
Mar 2011 WL...Jun 2011 VWL...Sept 2011 GF for MNSSHP!...Mar 2012 WL...May 2012 HHI DVC...May 2012 BCV for SWW!...July 2012 SSR...Sept 2012 AKL for MNSSHP!...Nov 2012 YC CL...Dec 2012 WL for MVMCP!...Mar 2013 CBR...June 2013 GF CL/BWI CL for SWW!
jollygreengirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: