Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 02:08 AM   #586
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
lol!!!! It's only Lily and I in my room, and she sleeps like a freakin log! As long as she has her "bees" near her she will stay asleep.
We had Joey in the same room with us when we first brought him home. He slept in his own crib though. We were afraid as small as he was when he first came home, 4 lbs, we would have smothered him. We didn't move him out of our room until he didn't need the heart monitor any more.

Quote:
Are you into zombies and stuff? I bought the book World War Z, but haven't read it yet. I have heard great things about it though!
Love zombies. The Walking Dead is one of my favorite shows. I lubs me some Daryl!! The movie looks great. I may just have to get that book on my Kindle before we see the movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
This is waaaay overdue! I've finally figured out a little bit of photobucket, so I hope this posts. It was on our trip -- Oct 6, 2012, I believe when this was taken. One of the highlights of my trip was meeting our beautiful Deena, sweet Lacey and dear Ginny

I so hope I'm blessed to meet more of you in the future! Love you gals, my RCer family rocks
Y'all look amazing!! Thanks for sharing!!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 03-16-2013, 08:23 AM   #587
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Happy Saturday... Hope you all have a great weekend. Well, 1 performance of Carousel down 5 to go. They all did an outstanding job. It truly amazing me year after year how it all comes together. Some years you think this is going to be a disaster and then opening night comes and it is brilliant- although this year the French horns in the pit really are bad. (that has a back story)
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2013, 02:57 PM   #588
aml3679
Kita's Mom

We originally booked POFQ for 11 nights this coming December and then to surprise my DH - switched to Wilderness Lodge. He found out and was happy. Now we have talked ourselves into changing to POR to save around $2700. We wanted to take our whole family (2 daughters, 2 son-in-laws and 2 grandchildren) to Disney in 2015 for our 30th anniversary and would rather put the extra money towards that. It looks quiet. We also added a night.

Last edited by aml3679; 03-16-2013 at 03:18 PM.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:28 PM   #589
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

wookie I think you are my soul sister. Do you watch American Horror Story too?

Since Lily was an exclusively "bees" baby if we didn't co-sleep I wouldn't have slept. It was so much easier to pull her close and let her nurse while I stayed sleeping. She still wakes up to nurse at night!!!

Marie love the pic!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Happy Saturday everyone! I'm staying in with the kids. We will probably watch a movie tonight.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:34 PM   #590
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aml3679 View Post
We originally booked POFQ for 11 nights this coming December and then to surprise my DH - switched to Wilderness Lodge. He found out and was happy. Now we have talked ourselves into changing to POR to save around $2700. We wanted to take our whole family (2 daughters, 2 son-in-laws and 2 grandchildren) to Disney in 2015 for our 30th anniversary and would rather put the extra money towards that. It looks quiet. We also added a night.
You'll love POR! It's our fav resort. Love the mansion section, either Acadian Place or Magnolia Terrace. We request a location close to Old Man Island bridge.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Old 03-16-2013, 05:39 PM   #591
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Happy Saturday... Hope you all have a great weekend. Well, 1 performance of Carousel down 5 to go. They all did an outstanding job. It truly amazing me year after year how it all comes together. Some years you think this is going to be a disaster and then opening night comes and it is brilliant- although this year the French horns in the pit really are bad. (that has a back story)
Happy Saturday!! We're having a lazy around the house day. The DH and Joey went to get Taco Casa and then we'll play SW:tOR the rest of the night into the early morning hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aml3679 View Post
As much as I love the WL, it does make sense to bump back to the POFQ. That way you can put the extra money into making your anniversary trip even more special. Are y'all planning anything like a vowel renewal and/or maybe a family photo session?

Quote:
wookie I think you are my soul sister. Do you watch American Horror Story too?
OMG, was this season of American Horror Story amazing or what? Jessica Lang is hands down my favorite actress. She is just amazing!!

The main shows the DH and I watch are The Walking Dead, True Blood, American Horror Story, and Falling Skies. We try and catch Duck Dynasty whenever we can. Then I watch several without him like Castle, Revenge, Once Upon a Time, Elementary, Bunheads, Switched at Birth, The Following, and The Big Bang Theory. Of course the only one we watch on tv is Duck Dynasty. All the other shows are online.

Quote:
Since Lily was an exclusively "bees" baby if we didn't co-sleep I wouldn't have slept. It was so much easier to pull her close and let her nurse while I stayed sleeping. She still wakes up to nurse at night!!!
You are a better woman that I am. I know I pumped for at least 6 months with each, but can't remember exactly how long.

Quote:
Happy Saturday everyone! I'm staying in with the kids. We will probably watch a movie tonight.
Happy Saturday to you as well!!

Well I got some good news at about 3 AM that made me let out a little scream, and I might just have to let Dancin' Dan out on this one ladies. I checked on our return before we went to bed, which has become the norm. Instead of saying it was still processing, it had a date!!! It gave me the date for our refund to hit our checking account as March 20, 2013!!! We'll have our return in just 4 days!!!! Now we just have to decide if we are going to San Antonio or not. The DH accuses me of possibly spending all of the return before our WDW trip, but he's the one that wants to stay at a hotel in San Antonio that is $210 a night, just so he can have a room that overlooks the Alamo. Anyway, we'll have time to decide what we'll do for that, but for now at least I know that by this time next week, our WDW trip will be paid off.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 03-16-2013, 06:34 PM   #592
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

wookie I LOVE Jessica Lange. She is a phenomenal actress. I thought the season started out really good, but halfway through it kind of unraveled. Like with the doctor being a nazi, and performing all those experiments...just to incinerate himself. And the nun being possessed. The doctor just pushed her from the ledge. All of these awesome key points were just washed away. I love Evan Peters though! (Tate and Kitt Walker)

SO happy you are finally getting your return! I called NY state the other day and they basically just read me the same line my computer used to say. "Your return is in the final stages of processing. While most are completed in 2 weeks, it may take up to 4 weeks." Well, this week will be 4 weeks. It is their stalling tactics. First they said it needed an extra review which took like 4 weeks. Now it's the processing nonsense. Maybe I will see it by the time we come back from Disney in June.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:08 PM   #593
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Hi all!

Marie I love that picture...everytime any of us meet, we all look so happy. I still say, one day, we should do our own group trip! Kids, DH's and all! Of course that would be after the ladies only trip!
How is your DH doing???

Candace: Happy to hear from you again, I too was worried about you. Congrats on working so hard to better yourself at work.

jeanette: You too!! And please take it easy on yourself. Sometimes we think we can do it all, but don't take on too much! I love the surprise for DH!

Melissa: I am so sorry you are having a rough week, big hugs to you...

Dani: That was a scary situation for you! I too would've called the police, sometimes our wacky neighbors have gotten a call about them too. A father and son were fighting behind us once...scary.

SueM: thanks for advice on SAB, we can't be too careful with our little ones.

Ginny: You look just as kind and caring as you have come across in your posts to me.

Wookie: What a relief about your return! So glad it is on its way to you finally!!

Hi to all! HAPPY EARLY ST. PATTY's DAY!!!

Jen
Old 03-16-2013, 09:35 PM   #594
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Hi all! I don't know how to multi quote on my iPad app...but know that I'm still reading everyone's posts and updates! :-)

I have been under the weather all weekend. NOT a good way to start this week with my return to the classroom...luckily I just have to get through this week and then t's their Spring Break! Unfortunately, that means another week unpaid...

DS is playing in the bathtub, then I think it's a glass of wine and relaxing in front of the TV to watch DVRd Idol from this past week. :-)

G'night everyone! Happy St. Paddy's Day tomorrow!
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 03-16-2013, 10:09 PM   #595
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Thanks Jen! It was great to meet my fellow Dis sistas
They are such lovely, kind and FUN people! I agree -- we need to do a ladies trip! Can't wait to meet more of you!
DH is doing as well as can be expected-- he's got a great attitude, so that's good for healing. We won't know for 4 more weeks or so whether his pinky will make it, waiting on the magical bone graft regrowth to take. Praying it does take, as he's kind of attached to his pinky now that he's lost digit number 4! His pinky will need a couple more surgeries if its able to be saved. We are taking it one day at a time -- unsure yet what this means for his career, as even though he's thankfully a Lefty, his shooting hand is right / he's right eye dominant, we will have to see how he can handle a firearm when he's all healed and every thing is said and done. He's looking at about 4-6 months of WCB for sure. I hope he heals well!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 03-16-2013, 10:09 PM   #596
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Hi all! I don't know how to multi quote on my iPad app...but know that I'm still reading everyone's posts and updates! :-)

I have been under the weather all weekend. NOT a good way to start this week with my return to the classroom...luckily I just have to get through this week and then t's their Spring Break! Unfortunately, that means another week unpaid...

DS is playing in the bathtub, then I think it's a glass of wine and relaxing in front of the TV to watch DVRd Idol from this past week. :-)

G'night everyone! Happy St. Paddy's Day tomorrow!

Hope you feel better soon!!!
Old 03-16-2013, 10:34 PM   #597
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Hiya ladies... wanted to say hello and happy weekend to all.

(Don't laugh at me now, okay?... I'm currently lying down at the footboard of Miss M's bed because she's running a fever and I'm a paranoid momma. After getting kicked for the 10th time, I might regret not having chosen to sleep on the floor.)
Old 03-16-2013, 10:44 PM   #598
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Hiya ladies... wanted to say hello and happy weekend to all.

(Don't laugh at me now, okay?... I'm currently lying down at the footboard of Miss M's bed because she's running a fever and I'm a paranoid momma. After getting kicked for the 10th time, I might regret not having chosen to sleep on the floor.)
I understand, but if you sleep on the floor next to her, you're still close. :-)
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 03-16-2013, 10:44 PM   #599
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hope you feel better soon!!!
Thank you! :-)
Old 03-16-2013, 10:46 PM   #600
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Thanks Jen! It was great to meet my fellow Dis sistas
They are such lovely, kind and FUN people! I agree -- we need to do a ladies trip! Can't wait to meet more of you!
DH is doing as well as can be expected-- he's got a great attitude, so that's good for healing. We won't know for 4 more weeks or so whether his pinky will make it, waiting on the magical bone graft regrowth to take. Praying it does take, as he's kind of attached to his pinky now that he's lost digit number 4! His pinky will need a couple more surgeries if its able to be saved. We are taking it one day at a time -- unsure yet what this means for his career, as even though he's thankfully a Lefty, his shooting hand is right / he's right eye dominant, we will have to see how he can handle a firearm when he's all healed and every thing is said and done. He's looking at about 4-6 months of WCB for sure. I hope he heals well!
Continued thoughts and prayers for your DH's healing!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: