Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013, 11:45 AM   #31
twebber55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dairylives View Post
do you not understand what discussion is? Sorry you don't like my posts, but you'll have to deal with them.
Point is start your own thread if you want to discuss/question the reasoning behind choosing avatar which is a good discussion to have but you ve hijacked the thread from the original intention from "what is the status of avatar" to "Why i dont like it"

feel free to discuss away

in a new thread
June 2010 BWV
June 2011 VB
June 2011 BC
June 2012 BC
June 2012 THV
June 2014 BC
twebber55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:50 AM   #32
dairylives
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twebber55 View Post
Point is start your own thread if you want to discuss/question the reasoning behind choosing avatar which is a good discussion to have but you ve hijacked the thread from the original intention from "what is the status of avatar" to "Why i dont like it"

feel free to discuss away

in a new thread
And you're the one that keeps responding. Discussion is always fluid and changes to suit the posters that are posting in a thread. Since there are no updates at this point, many people (not only myself) have started discussing Avatarland in general. Like i said, if you don't like it, you don't have to worry about it.
dairylives is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2013, 11:52 AM   #33
twebber55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
And you're the one that keeps responding. Discussion is always fluid and changes to suit the posters that are posting in a thread. Since there are no updates at this point, many people (not only myself) have started discussing Avatarland in general. Like i said, if you don't like it, you don't have to worry about it.
like i said feel free to start your own thread on this...my first repsonse to the OP was in regards to his/her question
June 2010 BWV
June 2011 VB
June 2011 BC
June 2012 BC
June 2012 THV
June 2014 BC
Old 03-15-2013, 11:55 AM   #34
dairylives
Mouseketeer

Quote:
like i said feel free to start your own thread on this...my first repsonse to the OP was in regards to his/her question
I'll keep to this thread as long as there are people willing to discuss it, thanks.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:55 AM   #35
twebber55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'll keep to this thread as long as there are people willing to discuss it, thanks.
hey no problem!
June 2010 BWV
June 2011 VB
June 2011 BC
June 2012 BC
June 2012 THV
June 2014 BC
Old 03-15-2013, 12:13 PM   #36
ChipnDale79
Mouseketeer

This thread really is about the status of the new land, not about the decision to move forward with it or the reasoning as to why they did.

If I remember correctly, there was an entire thread about that. Can we please for once try to stay on topic...jeez.

Disney apparently thinks this is a good idea, I'm sure they've done much more research on it than all of us combined.
ChipnDale79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:26 PM   #37
CRRitter
Earning My Ears

I am not a fan of Avatar but would enjoy the area I am sure but more importantly when I arrive in October will I be able to take my little one to see festival of Lion King and get our pic with LILO and Stitch?
CRRitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:42 PM   #38
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twebber55

do me a favor
try the land /ride out and report back to us your thoughts on it because it is coming regardless of what you think about it
enjoy new immersions after all its theme park addition
That's not being debated...

That doesn't mean this is a good move. It may be great...or it may be soft/weak that does nothing for AK and uses money that could be put into IP that DOES have cultural impact/ staying power.

I can't think if anything Disney owns that might fit off the top of my head...but I'll look into it.
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:25 PM   #39
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDale79
This thread really is about the status of the new land, not about the decision to move forward with it or the reasoning as to why they did.

If I remember correctly, there was an entire thread about that. Can we please for once try to stay on topic...jeez.

Disney apparently thinks this is a good idea, I'm sure they've done much more research on it than all of us combined.
Well...I see your point...BUT I don't get why the discussion must be limited on this.
This has not been a popular project to this point...the fact is that this has not been well received as a Disney project. That has nothing to do with Facebook "likes"...perhaps the biggest red herring in history...it just has not been highly anticipated as a WDW construction concept/project.

Again, I don't know how it turns out...but there is at least enough room on this subject for a braid discussion.

And I for one...always gives Disney it's due for research and interpretation....
But they built and opened animal kingdom in a sad state. And built and opened California adventure in a sadder one. And I can't even start on Studios Paris....let alone Journey into YOUR Imagination.

They are not always right...so blind faith may not be the way to go.
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:06 AM   #40
dairylives
Mouseketeer

its silly to suggest that anyone not giving updates about the status of Avatarland is "off topic"
Old 03-16-2013, 09:10 AM   #41
twebber55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
Well...I see your point...BUT I don't get why the discussion must be limited on this.
This has not been a popular project to this point...the fact is that this has not been well received as a Disney project. That has nothing to do with Facebook "likes"...perhaps the biggest red herring in history...it just has not been highly anticipated as a WDW construction concept/project.

Again, I don't know how it turns out...but there is at least enough room on this subject for a braid discussion.

And I for one...always gives Disney it's due for research and interpretation....
But they built and opened animal kingdom in a sad state. And built and opened California adventure in a sadder one. And I can't even start on Studios Paris....let alone Journey into YOUR Imagination.

They are not always right...so blind faith may not be the way to go.
40 million like doesnt mean everything but it means something
2.8 billion gross doesnt mean everything but it means something
highest selling blue ray of all time doesnt mean everything but it means something
top movie premiere on FX doesnt mean everything but it means something
trending on twitter all day after the announcment doesnt mean everything but it means something

all im suggesting to people is when it opens visit it with an open mind... you dont have to like the movie to enjoy the land.. for example not crazy about the simpsons but the simpsons ride at Uni is reaLLY FUN so even if uni is expanding the simpsons brand i understand because there are people out there that like it ,not me, but a lot of people

as far as cihps point there are other threads to debate this the OP just asking about the status which i have heard is alive and well and it may be just a cool e ticket and shop or a land who knows

this would be like me going over to the carsland thread and wanting to talk about HP2 (im just kidding that would be a little differnt)

i ve never understood why people go into a discussion thread on a topic they hate and continually say i hate it...if people hate the idea so much why go to the thread (not saying you)

anyways thanks for the discussion you bring a lot to this board
June 2010 BWV
June 2011 VB
June 2011 BC
June 2012 BC
June 2012 THV
June 2014 BC
Old 03-16-2013, 02:15 PM   #42
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Quote:
40 million like doesnt mean everything but it means something
2.8 billion gross doesnt mean everything but it means something
highest selling blue ray of all time doesnt mean everything but it means something
top movie premiere on FX doesnt mean everything but it means something
trending on twitter all day after the announcment doesnt mean everything but it means something

all im suggesting to people is when it opens visit it with an open mind... you dont have to like the movie to enjoy the land.. for example not crazy about the simpsons but the simpsons ride at Uni is reaLLY FUN so even if uni is expanding the simpsons brand i understand because there are people out there that like it ,not me, but a lot of people

as far as cihps point there are other threads to debate this the OP just asking about the status which i have heard is alive and well and it may be just a cool e ticket and shop or a land who knows

this would be like me going over to the carsland thread and wanting to talk about HP2 (im just kidding that would be a little differnt)

i ve never understood why people go into a discussion thread on a topic they hate and continually say i hate it...if people hate the idea so much why go to the thread (not saying you)

anyways thanks for the discussion you bring a lot to this board
~The Fantasyland expansion was a "well received" project on this board -- and so far it falls short -- this may change once the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is completed. The concept of Carsland was not well received, it had no buzz at all, and so far it seems to be a hit for many people.

~I appreciate all of the opinions on Avatarland, but I hope people realize that it's just their personal opinion. Honestly, they all say the exact same thing, which basically translates to them not liking the movie. Avatarland has the potential to be a huge success, I've seen nothing that suggests otherwise! That's the wonderful thing about Disney -- there is something for everyone. Some people are thrilled with interactive story time & cut outs, frozen apple juice, duplicate Dumbo's, re-themed attractions, and those fabulous clam-mobiles. While some people look forward to real innovation, something different that has never been done before. I cannot wait for Avatarland!

~I agree with you -- lockedoutlogic contributes a lot to this board, and I appreciate all of his insight & opinions but he is wrong on this one -- and that's okay, you can't win them all!

Last edited by DRDISNEYMD; 03-16-2013 at 02:21 PM.
DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:13 PM   #43
rteetz
DIS Veteran

While a lot of people don't want avatar land i don't care I just want something new to do in AK it doesn't matter at this point what it is so I'm hoping they continue with something and start construction very soon so something is different when we go in summer of 2014.

rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:22 PM   #44
danielmorgan03
Mouseketeer

I would rather have Pocahontas land...wait they're the same thing
danielmorgan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:24 PM   #45
twebber55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielmorgan03 View Post
I would rather have Pocahontas land...wait they're the same thing