Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013, 09:54 PM   #16
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
You can check in as early as 7:00 am (might even be 6:00), so you can grab a cab early, go check in, leave your luggage with bell services if your room isn't ready, and head off to a park .
This is what we do, and can be at a park for rope drop. I've never used Disney to transfer, although I hear most times it goes well, and usually people are prepared & pack a day bag with stuff they'll need for the day until luggage arrives.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:26 AM   #17
carolinamama
Mouseketeer

We did a split stay 2 weeks ago with 1 night at POR, then the rest of the time at BLT.

1. We packed a carry on with what we needed the first day so we weren't pulling everything out of the big stuff;

2. We took a bus to the MK, then walked to BLT. This was actually unexpectedly frustrating as the bus was slammed (of course, luggage free as that was with Disney transfer);

3. In the end, my DH wished we'd spent that first night at a monorail resort for easier transport. He didn't want to mess with a taxi, but he also said we should have done that. We liked POR, though.

4. We had no real problems with bag transfer at all.

15 Trips to WDW since 1981 - Bay Lake Tower (2013), Port Orleans Riverside (2013), Contemporary (2009), Polynesian (2008), Wilderness Lodge (1995 and 2006), Caribbean Beach (1995 and other prior dates), Beach Club (1996), Disney Inn (1986), Disney Villas And now a Disneyland trip as well! Grand Californian (2010)
carolinamama is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2013, 11:44 AM   #18
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by myjourney View Post
We have been doing split stays and luggage transfers for years and never had a problem.
Same with us -- maybe we've just been lucky? I wouldn't want my luggage missing for 24 hours, although I don't think that happens frequently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julluvsdisney View Post
Thank you for all of your quick replies ! I guess we should either take a cab or make sure we have everything we will need for the day. Now that I'm really thinking about it a taxi maybe the easiest quickest way going about it! Thank you so much!!
We've taken a cab at times as well (like when checking into the YC and going to Epcot for the day) when it was convenient to do so. When not convenient for our park plans, we let Disney do the transfer.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:19 PM   #19
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstouder

Just go out front and have bell services call one for you. With tip included our taxi from AKL to AoA was $20
Thank you!! Does it take awhile for a taxi to arrive? $20 with tip isn't bad! In my opinion definitely worth the $$$ for the piece of mind alone knowing your luggage is at the resort if you need it.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:44 PM   #20
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonsDisneyMom View Post
Thank you!! Does it take awhile for a taxi to arrive? $20 with tip isn't bad! In my opinion definitely worth the $$$ for the piece of mind alone knowing your luggage is at the resort if you need it.
Nope, bell services can have one there for you in minutes.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:33 PM   #21
elaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcHammer View Post
Although you have an 90% chance or better that the transfer will go as planned the cost of a cab is a small price for piece of mind. The added plus is that you can get to your bags if you need them.
I've only had one long wait (about 5pm), never had anything lost.
I agree completely
Old 03-17-2013, 07:28 PM   #22
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie

Nope, bell services can have one there for you in minutes.
Thank you so much!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: