Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013, 04:34 PM   #811
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I would have loved the birds. One of my favourite places to be is the aviary at Discovery Cove. I could spend ours in there playing human perch for the birds.

Corinna
I liked it but I can see how some would get the heebie jeebies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
exactly!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:26 PM   #812
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Lovely pics as always Jenn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post

Sorry you did not love your sushi. Denny does not like sushi, but Nick and I love it. So I'm pretty excited to know I can get it at lunch.
You might want to temper the expectation... my husband and I love sushi as well and this was... not good. We are even happy with the $1 happy hour sushi by our house so we are not snobs by any stretch but ew! If that was all I had ever tried Jenn I wouldn't like 'sushi' either!
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2013, 06:49 AM   #813
Beth D
DIS Veteran

All caught back up finally! Only 11+ pages since I went on vacation!

Love all the pics, and that Abby looks like the life of the party! You are so lucky that Clarie still likes to meet the characters. DS, a big 8 year old now, not so much. So no meets for us anymore.

I'm definitely not a bird person. I don't like their noises (even outside my window), I think they make a big mess, and they smell. Part of it goes back to a friend that had a pet bird. Drove me nuts! Although I do like the colors, especially at the feeding. Your pics really brought that out.

Give me a water excursion anyday!
Old 03-16-2013, 08:06 AM   #814
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDame View Post
Lovely pics as always Jenn!

You might want to temper the expectation... my husband and I love sushi as well and this was... not good. We are even happy with the $1 happy hour sushi by our house so we are not snobs by any stretch but ew! If that was all I had ever tried Jenn I wouldn't like 'sushi' either!
Good to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
All caught back up finally! Only 11+ pages since I went on vacation!

Love all the pics, and that Abby looks like the life of the party! You are so lucky that Clarie still likes to meet the characters. DS, a big 8 year old now, not so much. So no meets for us anymore.

I'm definitely not a bird person. I don't like their noises (even outside my window), I think they make a big mess, and they smell. Part of it goes back to a friend that had a pet bird. Drove me nuts! Although I do like the colors, especially at the feeding. Your pics really brought that out.

Give me a water excursion anyday!
I have had pet birds too and yes, they are DARN messy. Never noticed a smell though Chickens though.....If you ever go by a chicken farm, you know it....they smell worse than cows and pigs combined.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:55 AM   #815
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I LOVE parrots (they're all parrots to me). They are such beautiful birds! I'm afraid of birds though (I only like looking at them from a distance), and there is no way I could do what Claire was doing. If a bird landed on my head I would probably die.

Flamingos are cool too, and I at your story of them fighting.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:23 PM   #816
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I LOVE parrots (they're all parrots to me). They are such beautiful birds! I'm afraid of birds though (I only like looking at them from a distance), and there is no way I could do what Claire was doing. If a bird landed on my head I would probably die.

Flamingos are cool too, and I at your story of them fighting.
Claire was the bravest of the girls. The other 2 were more into watching than touching. As you can see by Abbys look, she kind of thinks the whole thing is crazy.

I have TONS of flamingo pictures to come yet too. We had a very funny moment coming up as well. Something we still laugh about today.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:33 PM   #817
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

I am really enjoying your report this morning! It is -5 outside, so I am staying warm inside with my cup of coffee and your lovely pictures!
LoveMyTwoPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:46 PM   #818
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyTwoPrincesses View Post
I am really enjoying your report this morning! It is -5 outside, so I am staying warm inside with my cup of coffee and your lovely pictures!
Thanks!
We're not quite that cold, but cold enough that I wish I was in Florida right now.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:48 PM   #819
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Great bird shots! What glorious colors to photograph. And all the action of feeding them as well! And Abby's facial expressions..... I wonder if she practices them at home in the mirror or something!
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:08 PM   #820
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Great bird shots! What glorious colors to photograph. And all the action of feeding them as well! And Abby's facial expressions..... I wonder if she practices them at home in the mirror or something!
Thanks. It was fun to photograph. I wish it wasn't so brown, but I was still happy with our day.
Abby can really make some good expressions. She is hilarious. She is a dram queen at times too. When Gail had a rental car while her van was getting fixed she would daily gag and tell Gail that the car was making her sick. She was mad that the car didn't have a DVD player.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:16 PM   #821
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Jen, great pictures of the birds. It looks like a fun excursion and probably would have been even more beautiful without the hurricane the week before.

You can feed the birds at Discovery Cove and Mark is really looking forward to that.

The birds you captured are so vibrant in color.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:34 PM   #822
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Jen, great pictures of the birds. It looks like a fun excursion and probably would have been even more beautiful without the hurricane the week before.

You can feed the birds at Discovery Cove and Mark is really looking forward to that.

The birds you captured are so vibrant in color.
I really want to go to Discovery Cove too. That looks like such a fun place. Someday we will get there.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:23 PM   #823
francis6306
DIS Veteran

I don't know how my girls would react to that feeding the Macaws thing! It could go either way, for sure! I think Catie would be scared- but with Cortlyn, it would just depend on her mood that day

Your pictures look amazing! Too bad that things were so messed up from the storm- but you certainly made the best of it!

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:58 AM   #824
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
I don't know how my girls would react to that feeding the Macaws thing! It could go either way, for sure! I think Catie would be scared- but with Cortlyn, it would just depend on her mood that day

Your pictures look amazing! Too bad that things were so messed up from the storm- but you certainly made the best of it!
Actually with Claire, things could depend on her mood of the day as well.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:45 AM   #825
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We decided Claire needed a picture with the flamingoes.

We enjoyed just watching them run around freely.

We then walked over and took a look at the leopard.

I think he thought we looked like a tasty snack.

We followed the peacocks around a bit. I wanted a full plumage picture . I never was lucky enough to get one.

Geoff however, was very lucky.

I was able to capture a few flowers here and there.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: