Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 11:59 AM   #16
Jonjo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christieand View Post
I got an overnight stay in a triple room in London Kings Cross Royal Scott for £26.50! It's apparently a ten minute walk to the station, and although it doesn't look like the nicest accommodation in the world (!!), for that price and one night I'm not complaining. I booked around 2 months before we go.
We stayed at the London Kings Cross Royal Scott last Wednesday night. The bedroom and bathroom were both very clean but the bed was a bit on the soft side. Our room over looked the court yard so was not effected by the traffic noise outside.

For a central London hotel its very good value for money.
Jonjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:17 PM   #17
Christieand
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonjo View Post
We stayed at the London Kings Cross Royal Scott last Wednesday night. The bedroom and bathroom were both very clean but the bed was a bit on the soft side. Our room over looked the court yard so was not effected by the traffic noise outside.

For a central London hotel its very good value for money.
Oh, thank you! Good to hear as all the trip advisor reviews are a bit scary! As long as it is clean I really don't mind. At the minute I'm in student halls so ear plugs are my must have, I will be packing them in case our room is noisy.
Sequoia Lodge, April 2013 (TR here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3099510)

Christieand is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 12:24 PM   #18
HappyPanda
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come shining through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christieand View Post
Oh, thank you! Good to hear as all the trip advisor reviews are a bit scary! As long as it is clean I really don't mind. At the minute I'm in student halls so ear plugs are my must have, I will be packing them in case our room is noisy.
We stayed here last March and had a room right on the road, but didn't hear a single thing at night. So if you can get it for a good price, I'd definitely recommend it.
February 1996 - Hotel Cheyenne ~~~ June 2001 - Newport Bay ~~~ December 2001 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~March 2002 - Newport Bay ~~~ February 2002 - New York~~~ February 2011 - Santa Fe ~~~ March 2012 - Cheyenne ~~~ June 2012 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~ March 2013 - Disneyland Hotel
HappyPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:27 PM   #19
Christieand
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyPanda View Post
We stayed here last March and had a room right on the road, but didn't hear a single thing at night. So if you can get it for a good price, I'd definitely recommend it.
Yay, thanks for that!
Sequoia Lodge, April 2013 (TR here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3099510)

Old 03-14-2013, 12:59 PM   #20
Cdaniels1987
Mouseketeer

I second the kings cross royal scott hotel, we have stayed multiple times and if you can get it for a good price, you cant go wrong!!

Shame its so expensive for my dates.

I was looking at the heathrow travelodge but werent sure if id end up spending just as much getting them to heathrow and back.

I have found studio2let apartment for £68 which seems pretty good.
Cdaniels1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:02 PM   #21
Christieand
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdaniels1987 View Post
I second the kings cross royal scott hotel, we have stayed multiple times and if you can get it for a good price, you cant go wrong!!

Shame its so expensive for my dates.

I was looking at the heathrow travelodge but werent sure if id end up spending just as much getting them to heathrow and back.

I have found studio2let apartment for £68 which seems pretty good.
Seems like that might be one of the better deals you are going to find

Old 03-14-2013, 01:06 PM   #22
Cdaniels1987
Mouseketeer

All this work and money to send my fiancee and her maid of honor on a special hen break!! Wish I was going myself!!! haha
Old 03-14-2013, 01:11 PM   #23
Christieand
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdaniels1987 View Post
All this work and money to send my fiancee and her maid of honor on a special hen break!! Wish I was going myself!!! haha
She will definitely appreciate it!

Old 03-14-2013, 01:37 PM   #24
Cdaniels1987
Mouseketeer

Lol I hope so!!

Studio2let is full!! back to the drawing board!
Old 03-14-2013, 01:44 PM   #25
owensdad
Mouseketeer

We always stay the night before at the Premier Inn Kings Cross, its expensive but nice and the restaurant is nice, plus there is a Nando's a few doors down which I like, we have 2 rooms for 5 of us and with breakfasts its about £240 but I guess that's the centre of London for you, plus I do like to know what I'm getting, and with a Premier Inn you can't really go wrong.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
owensdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:37 PM   #26
stargatebarbie
There must be more than this provincial life
The other side of me is all pink and girly and princesses
tourguidebarbie to stargatebarbie

there are a few hotels like the holiday inn near the wembley area
2010 DLRP KYRIAD ,2012 DLP KYRIAD
2013 DLP VAL DE EUROPE
stargatebarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:10 PM   #27
HappyPanda

We are in the Kings Cross travelodge tonight, thought it would be a better choice than the Royal Scot as it is closer to the station! Big mistake, the amount of noise from the nearby clubs is unbearable plus we are right on the train line, so every 5 minutes or so the whole room shakes when a train goes thundering past!! Just glad it's only for one night!

So, I would stick by my previous recommendation, if you can get it for a good price, the Travelodge Royal Scot is a great option, worth the extra 5 mins walk for a bit of peace and quiet!
February 1996 - Hotel Cheyenne ~~~ June 2001 - Newport Bay ~~~ December 2001 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~March 2002 - Newport Bay ~~~ February 2002 - New York~~~ February 2011 - Santa Fe ~~~ March 2012 - Cheyenne ~~~ June 2012 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~ March 2013 - Disneyland Hotel
Old 03-16-2013, 07:13 PM   #28
netimka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyPanda View Post
We are in the Kings Cross travelodge tonight, thought it would be a better choice than the Royal Scot as it is closer to the station! Big mistake, the amount of noise from the nearby clubs is unbearable plus we are right on the train line, so every 5 minutes or so the whole room shakes when a train goes thundering past!! Just glad it's only for one night!

So, I would stick by my previous recommendation, if you can get it for a good price, the Travelodge Royal Scot is a great option, worth the extra 5 mins walk for a bit of peace and quiet!

oh no, we are there tomorrow... and the same chooses that one *** is so close... and been in Royal Scot and Farrington and was fine with noise... but I get this one is really on the King Cross
Old 03-16-2013, 07:37 PM   #29
HappyPanda

I think we are just unlucky with our room as its right on the train tracks and across the road from the noisiest club on earth! Shouldn't think it would be so bad tomorrow... Although st. Paddys day isn't it? Hope your stay is more successful! Xx

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: