Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 04:39 PM   #766
coastermom
Proud Redhead
I am not crazy just like my job
This makes the decision much easier
ROLLERCOASTERS ARE MY LIFE

Anyone know how to find the name of a charm that was purchased in WDW in 2011 ?? Is there a listing of Charms somewhere ? Just got a few more up to 11 charms since Christmas !! WHOOO !!!

coastermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:46 PM   #767
inky dinky doo
I've got the best cure for the blues. Schedule another trip to Walt Disney World, now!
The only problem with losing weight is that I'm beginning to look like a rapper

I sure could use some help with sizing, from those "in the know."

I've decided I need a Chamilia flex bangle. I just love the sleek look of that design. Anyway, on the Chamilia website, it says to measure your wrist and add 1". The flex bangle is available in 7.5 inch, 7.9 inch, and 8.2 inch for $70. I also see medium, large, and X-large flex bangles on Ebay for $50-60.

Would you assume that the medium, large, and X-large bangles on Ebay correspond to the 7.5, 7.9, and 8.2 inch bangles on the Chamilia website? And, if your wrist measured 6", which size would you buy? I do not like my bracelets to be snug, but I don't want them falling off, either. Help????

inky dinky doo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2013, 04:07 PM   #768
tinkerbellmom31
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by inky dinky doo
I sure could use some help with sizing, from those "in the know."

I've decided I need a Chamilia flex bangle. I just love the sleek look of that design. Anyway, on the Chamilia website, it says to measure your wrist and add 1". The flex bangle is available in 7.5 inch, 7.9 inch, and 8.2 inch for $70. I also see medium, large, and X-large flex bangles on Ebay for $50-60.

Would you assume that the medium, large, and X-large bangles on Ebay correspond to the 7.5, 7.9, and 8.2 inch bangles on the Chamilia website? And, if your wrist measured 6", which size would you buy? I do not like my bracelets to be snug, but I don't want them falling off, either. Help????
I have a 6" wrist and have both a med and Large flex bangle. Both are just about full. There is no way either would fall off even with a few beads. They do stretch alittle and u can squeeze them to make it tighter. Kinda like the old toy rings from the gum ball machine lol. Once it's on the ends kinda overlap so no risk of falling off. The number measurements do correspond with the M, l, and xl. I have searched a few jewelry shops that either list the number next to the med, large etc. hth

Disney Magic to Key West, Nassau and Castaway Cay May 4,2012
Disneyland Feb 2011
Disney World last trip December 2010 plus many more
tinkerbellmom31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:50 PM   #769
inky dinky doo
I've got the best cure for the blues. Schedule another trip to Walt Disney World, now!

Excellent! Your note is SO helpful, Amy, especially since it sounds like our wrists are about the same. I think I'll go with the large, just because I do like bracelets to be a bit looser. I can't wait to get the flex bangle and that new Snow White bead (the fairest of them all)! That's the one that pushed me over the edge.

Thanks for your help!

Old 03-16-2013, 05:14 PM   #770
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieFanatic View Post
Thanks to some help from you ladies after a period of lurking and drooling over everyone's bracelets, I now have my own and took advantage of after Xmas sales to begin the fun of filling it! I will post a pic later. I have the pumpkin coach, slipper, Jiminy Cricket, Wishes bead, Mrs. Potts, and silver Tink. Need some color though! I also bought my kids birthstones and told DH he was set for Mothers day, LOL!
Anyway, I hoped one of you experts could answer this question-I love the Minnie bow that was posted a couple days ago. Will it be out on the chamilia website after the current sale is over? Also does Chamilia ever do a buy 2 get 1 free direct or is that up to individual stores? I took advantage of the 30 percent off sale but still have a big wish list left!!!
Thank you all for your great pics and posts-I have enjoyed this thread!!
I've never seen the Chamilia site have a BOGO sale, though they do have sales where if you spend, like $100, you get a bracelet for free. Seems like they have it a couple of times a year.

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:15 PM   #771
tinkerbellmom31
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by inky dinky doo
Excellent! Your note is SO helpful, Amy, especially since it sounds like our wrists are about the same. I think I'll go with the large, just because I do like bracelets to be a bit looser. I can't wait to get the flex bangle and that new Snow White bead (the fairest of them all)! That's the one that pushed me over the edge.

Thanks for your help!
It's so addicting. I like to travel as much as I can and its nice to find beads that represent my families adventures. I love my bangles, they are so much easier to take off and I like the look as well.

I collected 2 bracelets and a necklace worth in just 2 years. One bracelet is all Disney and the necklace. My other bracelet is our other trips and adventures. Have fun!

Disneyland Feb 2011
Old 03-17-2013, 10:14 AM   #772
inky dinky doo

That's what I thought I might do. I travel every now and then for work, and as luck would have it, my next trip is to the Contemporary Resort for a conference, three weeks from today. Woo hoo! I went ahead and bought one of those "hidden Mickey" beads on Ebay this morning. I just couldn't resist!

Do you happen to know if they sell the flex bangle at WDW? I thought I might get the bangle and another bead or two, while I'm there. I've been wanting something I could add to every trip, and this would be perfect!

Old 03-17-2013, 11:04 AM   #773
tinkerbellmom31
Mouseketeer

I don't think Disney carries the bangles just the traditional. If you check your local jewelers or mall they usually have them in stock. You can look at the chamilia website they have a store locator, you will be surprised how many places locally have chamilia. Also online retailers usually sell them with free shipping and no tax.

Disneyland Feb 2011
Old 03-26-2013, 12:24 PM   #774
Jessica_of_FL
Mouseketeer

Hey all!

This post shows all 4 of the DCL Chamilia charms!

Life Preserver with DCL Logo $50
DCL Logo Bead $50
DCL Mickey Head Anchor $45
DCL Logo Cruise Ship $45

I already have the DCL Logo Cruise Ship, can't wait to get the rest!

A True Disney Girl! This is the year of the Premier Annual Pass!
DLR lover starting in utero. DLR AP from 3 (I remember the big deal it was for me to finally be old enough to get my picture taken for that!) to 9. WDW AP off and on since age 15 (currently a Premier passholder!)
Disney Resorts I've stayed at over the years: Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Music, All Star Movies, Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Old Key West, Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club Villas, Hilton Head Island,The Beach Club, Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village The Villas at the Grand Californian

Disney Fantasy Eastern 6/2012, Disney Wonder WBPC 5/2013
Jessica_of_FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:43 PM   #775
Butterfly1984
Earning My Ears

Hi, this is my first post
I have just started a Chamilia bracelet for my dd and have got her the minnie bow, minnie murano, minnie's face and tinkerbell dangly. I originally ordered the Mrs Potts and Chip but the store contacted me last week to say it is discontinued and they can't get it for me
My dd is a huge Beauty and the Beast fan and it is perfect for her, have any of you found a store that still has it? I am in England but would be willing to pay the shipping!
Thanks

WDW 1998 2001 2006 2011 DLRP New Year 2003 2006 2009 New Years Eve 2012/2013
Butterfly1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:03 PM   #776
Darcy03231
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly1984 View Post
Hi, this is my first post
I have just started a Chamilia bracelet for my dd and have got her the minnie bow, minnie murano, minnie's face and tinkerbell dangly. I originally ordered the Mrs Potts and Chip but the store contacted me last week to say it is discontinued and they can't get it for me
My dd is a huge Beauty and the Beast fan and it is perfect for her, have any of you found a store that still has it? I am in England but would be willing to pay the shipping!
Thanks
Your best bet is probably going to be eBay.
Darcy03231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:46 AM   #777
Butterfly1984
Earning My Ears

I have found one online, in the sale, phoned the store and they have one in stock! The store they sell from is near my Aunts house and she shops there alot so she is going to get it for me later! I am so pleased
Thanks x

WDW 1998 2001 2006 2011 DLRP New Year 2003 2006 2009 New Years Eve 2012/2013
Butterfly1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:44 PM   #778
Minnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica_of_FL View Post
Heres a picture of the new charms. I like Minnie's bow and the Snow White charm. How about you guys?
DH just bought me the Minnie Bow charm at a local jeweler (couldn't find this anywhere in WDW last week) and it is gorgeous
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:29 AM   #779
nu2dvc
Mouseketeer

Advice needed.... new chamilia fan :)

I have enjoyed reading through this thread, and seeing the pictures in particular.

I've decided to get myself one of these bracelets and begin a Disney-themed bead collection.

Can anybody give me some advice on bracelet size. I'm looking at the classic snap-style bracelets. My wrist measures 5.5 inches. I usually can not wear bracelets cause the default/standard size of most styles is always falling off my hand. I see the Chamilia snap comes in several sizes. I guess I would need the 6.0 or the 6.7 inch. My question is which one you guys think I would need? Is .5 inches of extra room going to allow for beads all the way around or should I go with the 6.7? I'm nervous that one will be falling off...

Any advice appreciated.
nu2dvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:17 PM   #780
GoofyFairie
DIS Veteran

Hi nu2dvc! Welcome! I have a very tiny wrist (5.5 too) and I LOVE my Chamilia bracelet! I'm not sure how they measure the lenght of the bracelet but, without including either end that makes up the clasp part my bracelt measures 6 and 3/4 inches. I have lots of room for charms and the bracelet is loose on my wrist, but it won't slide over my hand. I purchased my bracelet in a jewelry store and that was the size the jeweler recommended. I hope you find this helpful. Happy collecting!

I've been Boo'd! Thank you suprgrlx! And agnes!
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day!
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow and tomorrow's just a dream away!
GoofyFairie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: