Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2013, 05:00 PM   #811
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnnieNotHazel View Post
I think all that means is you can prepay them by adding the money to your onboard account, not sure though as We always do ours at the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMouseHouse View Post
I've not ever done this, as I believe on tipping at the level of service received. However, on our last cruise several on the FB group had mentioned pre paying on their Disney credit card to earn Disney dollars before their trip in order to have them to spend (via Disney gift card) while on board......so although I may be wrong, I think you can pre pay via credit card prior to your cruise.
Sorry to butt in, I really need to unsubscribe since I'm not even on this cruise but had some questions in past.

I have prepaid gratuities for our last 2 or 3 cruises. It doesn't just give you an onboard credit, though I have done that also. It simply states on your account "gratuities included". It does qualify for the 0% financing on your Disney visa too, as does prepaying your own OBCs on your onboard acct. Each charge must be $101 or greater to qualify.
Once onboard, any charges made to your DV don't qualify for 0% but it all earns Disney dollars toward your reward card.

While others are filling out their gratuity papers & returning them to GS, you don't have to do any of that. On the proper day you will get gratuity tickets & envelopes delivered to your stateroom to give out when everyone else does. It's really very convenient.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:33 PM   #812
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney mam View Post
We would call someone a "toe rag" if they were being rotten or cheeky. Like an affectionate way of telling someone off (but is meant in a nice tone).

Well, I hope that is the "toerag" being referred to here?

My friend in Canada had always wondered how the term "Billy No Mates" would be used. When I called another friend "Billy no Mates" because she was not participating with a happy face in a game, my Canadian friend was so excited as she understood when and how it would be used. lol

Thank you for the toe rag definition
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2013, 05:34 PM   #813
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2 View Post
Sorry to butt in, I really need to unsubscribe since I'm not even on this cruise but had some questions in past.

I have prepaid gratuities for our last 2 or 3 cruises. It doesn't just give you an onboard credit, though I have done that also. It simply states on your account "gratuities included". It does qualify for the 0% financing on your Disney visa too, as does prepaying your own OBCs on your onboard acct. Each charge must be $101 or greater to qualify.
Once onboard, any charges made to your DV don't qualify for 0% but it all earns Disney dollars toward your reward card.

While others are filling out their gratuity papers & returning them to GS, you don't have to do any of that. On the proper day you will get gratuity tickets & envelopes delivered to your stateroom to give out when everyone else does. It's really very convenient.
I think that the tips are also automatically charged to our accounts on Med cruises. We prepaid ours (when I got the Premier Visa it had 5% on all Disney purchase for three months, so I paid off two cruise and all the tips as I don't make 5% on my savings account) and I am curious to see how it shows up on our account.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:38 PM   #814
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

My Question of the Day - Room Service Tips

OK. I know if I was taking the Magic out of Florida and my mother orders a pot of coffee from room service we tip a few bucks.

So how many Euros are you planning to tip? I will need to start saving coins when we hit France...
(Or are you still going to tip in dollars?)

Thanks for the advice on tips. I plan to call this week and deal with that
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:48 PM   #815
Tink2312
I didn't ask to be a princess but if the crown fits...
May take over the world ... or not

I'm tipping in Dollars. Everything on the ship is in Dollars afaik so that's what I'll be using. Also, as an added bonus, we get more Dollars to the pound than Euros.
Easter 1992 - Holiday Inn I-Drive/ Hilton St. Pete’s Beach, June 1993 - Doubletree Universal/ Hilton Clearwater, Easter 1995 - Quality Inn Plaza I-Drive,Halloween 1995 - DLP offsite, Easter 1997 - Quality Inn Plaza I-Drive, Easter 2000 - Doubletree Universal, Christmas 2000 - Courtyard by Marriot DTD/ Tradewinds Island Grande St Pete’s Beach/ Holiday Inn Universal Halloween 2001 - Cheyenne DLP, Easter 2002 - CBM DTD/ Clearwater Beach Hotel, July 2003 - Newport Bay DLP Jan 2004 - Cypress Pointe, Easter 2005 - Hawthorn Suites LBV/ Bahama Bay, July 2006 - Newport Bay DLP Christmas2006- Springhill Suites LBV, Thanksgiving 2007 - Buena Vista Palace/ Park Shore Naples/ Pop/ CSR, March/ April 2009 - Pop/ CSR/ Blue Heron Beach Resort Nov 2009 - SSR and free dining Oct 2010 - SSR and free DDP March 2011 - Solo trip to BLT Sept 2011 - DLRP Christmas/ New Year 2011 - BLT/AKV/WLV Nov 2012 - BLT/Dream 4 night Bahamas Cruise June 2013 -Magic Mediterranean 7 night cruise November 2013 - BLT February 2014 - DLP solo October 2014 - ASM, BLT & BC
Tink2312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:01 PM   #816
valbob89
DIS Veteran

Let me know if there are any updates to be made to the first posting. Do we have all the rollcall info you would like to post?
valbob89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:25 AM   #817
Tink2312
I didn't ask to be a princess but if the crown fits...
May take over the world ... or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by valbob89

Let me know if there are any updates to be made to the first posting. Do we have all the rollcall info you would like to post?
Loving the scroll

Can you add me to the roll call please - I'm Catherine (27) and I'm travelling with my parents Sue and Phil.

Thanks
Easter 1992 - Holiday Inn I-Drive/ Hilton St. Pete’s Beach, June 1993 - Doubletree Universal/ Hilton Clearwater, Easter 1995 - Quality Inn Plaza I-Drive,Halloween 1995 - DLP offsite, Easter 1997 - Quality Inn Plaza I-Drive, Easter 2000 - Doubletree Universal, Christmas 2000 - Courtyard by Marriot DTD/ Tradewinds Island Grande St Pete’s Beach/ Holiday Inn Universal Halloween 2001 - Cheyenne DLP, Easter 2002 - CBM DTD/ Clearwater Beach Hotel, July 2003 - Newport Bay DLP Jan 2004 - Cypress Pointe, Easter 2005 - Hawthorn Suites LBV/ Bahama Bay, July 2006 - Newport Bay DLP Christmas2006- Springhill Suites LBV, Thanksgiving 2007 - Buena Vista Palace/ Park Shore Naples/ Pop/ CSR, March/ April 2009 - Pop/ CSR/ Blue Heron Beach Resort Nov 2009 - SSR and free dining Oct 2010 - SSR and free DDP March 2011 - Solo trip to BLT Sept 2011 - DLRP Christmas/ New Year 2011 - BLT/AKV/WLV Nov 2012 - BLT/Dream 4 night Bahamas Cruise June 2013 -Magic Mediterranean 7 night cruise November 2013 - BLT February 2014 - DLP solo October 2014 - ASM, BLT & BC
Tink2312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:19 AM   #818
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

I have completed my on line check-in.

Med 7 night navigators 2013:
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/kiki...d%20Navigators
Disney mam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:36 AM   #819
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney mam View Post
I have completed my on line check-in.
Me too we're on our way

WDW SSR/DCL EBTA May 2014, DCL Magic Med June 2013, Hotel New York September 2012, Disneyland Hotel December 2011, Hotel New York February 2011, Hotel New York June 2010
tinkertaylor05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:04 AM   #820
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkertaylor05 View Post
Me too we're on our way
It's getting closer!!! Getting more and more excited as the days go by.

Med 7 night navigators 2013:
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/kiki...d%20Navigators
Disney mam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:12 PM   #821
valbob89
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink2312 View Post
Loving the scroll

Can you add me to the roll call please - I'm Catherine (27) and I'm travelling with my parents Sue and Phil.

Thanks
I have updated the roll call on the first posting.

If anyone else would like info placed on the first posting, please let me know.

Val
valbob89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:36 PM   #822
bsusanmb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker1bell View Post
Hi everyone,

I am not going on this cruise but here is a link to the hotel my BFF and I stayed at. A lot of other DISers stayed there too. This was during the Sept 2010 WBTA. Since there was about 300 or so DISers in the whole group, someone even got a bus to take folks from this hotel and another hotel to the port. The hotel was very reasonably priced and clean. we really liked it.

The next link is of the tour we did. We did the tour the morning of the cruise. It was for four hours and I wrote about it in my trip report. Well worth the money.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...Catalonia.html

http://www.barcelonadaytours.com/barcelona-city-tour/
Hey, Terry! Thanks for providing the information and the link to your report. So excited, and Bob and I are reading and studying all we can so we can really appreciate our trip!

bsusanmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:45 PM   #823
AngMo44
Earning My Ears

Please add us latecomers to Roll Call

Natalie 37, Troy 38, DD 8, DS 6
Nashville, TN
AngMo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:56 PM   #824
Evad
Our Greatest Natural Resource Is The Minds Of Our Children; Walter Elias Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngMo44 View Post
Natalie 37, Troy 38, DD 8, DS 6
Nashville, TN
Welcome aboard!!!!

Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 / Nikkor 70-300mm VR / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 / SB 400 / Fuji S700 /

Evad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:58 PM   #825
Evad
Our Greatest Natural Resource Is The Minds Of Our Children; Walter Elias Disney

Does anybody know if we need to take our passports with us when we go on our excursions?

Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 / Nikkor 70-300mm VR / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 / SB 400 / Fuji S700 /

Evad is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: