Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2013, 09:08 AM   #16
PinkSleepingBeauty
DIS Veteran

Hey! I love Regina's photography. She is lovely to work with and such a sweet person

Natalie & Phil's Long Overdue Planning Journal : http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2648880

PinkSleepingBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:36 AM   #17
BethieTink
DIS Veteran

My vote, hands down, would be for Regina. We met her in April and did a 2 hour/2 resort shoot to get to know her and both my husband an I absolutely fell in love with her. She makes it so fun and easy to take photos. We adored our shots in April.

We also used her for two events of at our vow renewal weekend and we also did a 3 hour/3 resort bridal shoot with her. We had an in-park ceremony and reception and had to use Disney Photograhy for it (and Amy was fantastic! So was Ty for our MK and Epcot shoot), but if we weren't in-park, we would have used Regina without question.

We love her work so much that we are going down in September just to do another session with her so we have photos for our Christmas cards. She is an absolute delight to work with and to just be around. She interacted with our guests at our events and everyone mentioned how great she was.

When I first started planning, I did contact Randy and while his prices are very good. The more I looked at his work, I realized I didn't love it the way I should. I also found his email skills, when it came to spelling and grammar a real turn off to me. I know that it really nitpicky, but both my DH and I felt that if he could be professional enough to spell check an email what else would he miss.

In regard to the Arndt's, I like a good amount of their work. They have done some amazing shots. However, when I met them a few weeks ago at a separate event, I never made the connection that I made with Regina. My husband felt the same way about them.

Here are some of the shots that Regina has taken of us so you can get an idea. I included some of the bridal resort shots and some details shots from our 2 events. Sorry they are so large, I forgot to resize.

Good luck with your planning!
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2013, 11:29 AM   #18
jlocmac
DIS Veteran

My recommendation is for Regina!

We had an Escape ceremony at Disney World in September 2011. We were lucky enough to have Regina has our Disney photographer, for our ceremony, Magic Kingdom, and Epcot shoots. We LOVE every single photo that we received from her.

We love Regina so much, that we did our first anniversary shoot with her September 2012. Again, every shot was to die for! Upon returning home, I contacted her for our anniversary 2013. We were beyond thrilled that she was available on our actual anniversary date. I know we will have a blast, and she will take stunning photos for us.

We also had a Disbrides meet up last month, and Regina did 2 photo shoots with all of the girls there. We had an amazing time with her.

Not only is Regina a fantastic photographer, she's also an incredibly sweet person. She has a way about her that instantly makes you feel at ease, in front of the camera. The contact beforehand was perfect. She always replied to my emails in a timely manner. Her turn around time, with the after product, is unbelievable. It's such a surprise to receive the photos, because they show up so fast!! I can guarantee that you won't be disappointed, if you choose Regina.

We also used Randy for our ceremony, because the Disney photographer was a mystery until it's wedding time. He was a nice guy, but we definitely clicked with Regina way more. Like others here have said, his edits are different from other photographers. Some people aren't fans of his look, some are. We personally liked our photos from Regina better. We received tons of shots from Randy, but a lot of them are basically the same pictures. It was a bit much to have to weed through, to find ones I wanted to post.

With that said, all of the photographers you mentioned are very well known in the Disney wedding world. Just do your research and pick the one that suits your needs best.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:18 PM   #19
belle2211
DIS Veteran

Hi! I would definitely go with Regina! Back when we got engaged in 2011, I requested Regina for an Epcot anniversary shoot. My husband and I fell in love with her instantly. There's just something about her that makes you click with her. She makes the shoots fun and not the least bit awkward (which my husband was worried about). You feel like you're with a friend! And after we saw the pictures, it was a done deal. She is the only photographer we will use! Her pictures are fantastic--the quality and creativity of her shots are amazing. We instantly requested her again for our wedding and for our MK Bridal Shoot. And I can honestly say we loved every single picture she took!

Last year we did an anniversary photo shoot with her and were once again blown away! I can't wait to be able to have her again in the future to hopefully do maternity and family shots one day. If only I had more reasons to get pictures done!

If you want to see any pictures from her, just let me know!!

Good luck with your research!
belle2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:36 AM   #20
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

I agree with the Randy fans. We did two sessions with him (VR and TTD), and loved him and his work. We have had several of his shots enlarged, and the quality has been excellent, even when enlarged.
I agree that some of his edits would not be everybody's style, but every photo he edits you also get on the disc unedited, so the choice is yours. I highly recommend him, and would book him again in a heartbeat!!!

Last edited by tinkerbell 766; 03-08-2013 at 03:49 AM.
tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:49 AM   #21
rrali33tt
Mouseketeer

Cost for Regina

How much are Regina's wedding packages?

rrali33tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:47 AM   #22
BethieTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrali33tt View Post
How much are Regina's wedding packages?
I don't have her current pricing sheet, but you can find her on facebook or her website is www.reginahymanphoto.com. She can customize packages for you and get you to the budget you need to hit.

She is traveling to a bridal show this weekend, so if she doesn't get back to you right away, she will do so as soon as she gets back, I am sure.

Good luck with your planning!
Old 03-08-2013, 07:57 PM   #23
SugarRush
Earning My Ears

Have you checked out KMD creations? Todd and Kristen are amazing and have again won awards in The Knot. Definitely worth checking out :D
SugarRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:28 PM   #24
Nobo323
Earning My Ears

Hey- we ended up going with Regina Hyman. A number of other photographers mentioned here (Angellini, Arndt's) were booked our day but I don't think it wouldn't have mattered. We were so impressed with Regina that in the end we couldn't turn down the opportunity to have her shoot our day. We hired her for photo, video, and photo booth. We met with Randy as well and he was a great guy but we didn't feel the same way afterwards as we did with Regina. There was a decent price gap between the 2 but only because Randy prices so low. We are getting a ton with Regina and still at a great overall price. One difference that really locked our decision with Regina was that Randy doesn't do touch ups on any photos, he edits about 30 or so but no touch ups to hair, sweat, etc.. which Regina does. We might not get 3000 photos back but we're confident whatever we get will be amazing. We are real excited and very happy we locked in Regina !!!
Nobo323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:51 PM   #25
belle2211
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobo323 View Post
Hey- we ended up going with Regina Hyman. A number of other photographers mentioned here (Angellini, Arndt's) were booked our day but I don't think it wouldn't have mattered. We were so impressed with Regina that in the end we couldn't turn down the opportunity to have her shoot our day. We hired her for photo, video, and photo booth. We met with Randy as well and he was a great guy but we didn't feel the same way afterwards as we did with Regina. There was a decent price gap between the 2 but only because Randy prices so low. We are getting a ton with Regina and still at a great overall price. One difference that really locked our decision with Regina was that Randy doesn't do touch ups on any photos, he edits about 30 or so but no touch ups to hair, sweat, etc.. which Regina does. We might not get 3000 photos back but we're confident whatever we get will be amazing. We are real excited and very happy we locked in Regina !!!
Congrats! You are going to absolutely LOVE her!
belle2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:04 PM   #26
BethieTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Excellent choice! Can't wait to see the photos. Enjoy the planning!
Old 03-16-2013, 05:19 PM   #27
Ember
I've also crazy glued myself to many things
I'm calling it a victory. At least until next time

Quote:
Congrats on your choice! You really couldn't have gone wrong, all the photographers you mentioned are very capable and talented.
Ember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:01 AM   #28
mariapicardikenyon
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahFarra View Post

Of those choices I would go with Regina! I actually was prepared to book her but someone else stole our date from under us before we could sign a contract. I really like her style of photography (although some of her edits are a little on the blurry side but that's rare) and she is super nice from what I could tell!

This is very controversial because I know a lot of people really love him but I would steer clear of Randy. I have no personal experience with him but just from his work that I've seen he seems to be very inconsistent in quality and as many have said before me, the edits he uses are very overdone and in my opinion, look very cheap. Being a photographer myself this is really important to me and I see over editing as a sign of having poor photography to cover up. I've also seen really outdated poses that he uses that I am not a fan of as well as poorly-lit subjects (i.e. shadows on faces or squinting from too much sun). I feel like you get what you pay for! So these are obviously just my opinions and there are others that love him and his work, so take it for what you will.

That being said, another to consider is Jason Angelini! We're using him and I immediately fell in love with his photography! In a way I'm glad I got out-booked with Regina because I love Jason's work even more!! Check him out... www.jasonangeliniphotography.com His prices are very reasonable too! His wife is his personal assistant and responds quickly to emails and I just love them both.
Hi Sarah. Thanks for the insight regarding a photographer. Do you know if Jason is an approved Disney vendor? Thanks.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:18 PM   #29
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Disney does not have a list of approved outside photography vendors. You can use any outside vendor you want outside of the parks (only Disney Event Photography is allowed to shoot inside the parks). They just sign a form that your planner sends you.
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:27 PM   #30
mariapicardikenyon
Mouseketeer

That's disappointing! If our reception is inside the American Paviilion we can only use a park photographer? Awful. Thanks for quick reply, Lurkyloo.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: