Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2013, 12:27 PM   #1
Sweetpea2011
Mouseketeer

When and where to buy 1 day/2 park tickets

We'll be in Paris for two weeks this summer, end of July/beginning of August. We'd like to spend one fun day at DLP. I'm not sure when or how to buy tickets for us, and I'm having a hard time figuring out if there is a sale right now through to the end of March, and is it a good deal? I understand if we buy tickets now we print out a voucher to take with us, and have 6 months to use the tickets?

Is it a better deal to buy now? Wait until we go? Buy from the park or somewhere else?

Most of the posts I've seen on here involve package deals where the tickets are included with accommodation.

Any advice? I'm trying to purchase and pay for a lot of our trip expenses in advance so we don't come home to a huge mastercard bill!
Sweetpea2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:13 AM   #2
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

If you buy undated tickets they are good for a year but you'll pay full price for them. There is a deal on with 1 day/2 park tickets at the moment but these are only valid for certain dates in March so no good for you.

You're far better to wait until nearer your time before buying if you're after an offer - keep an eye on the Disney (French) website, FNAC and France Billet and hopefully there will be one. I'm sorry I can't put links up but my computer is on a go slow but if you google the name of the site with Disneyland parc it will bring it up. Expect to have to specify a certain date with discounted tickets (and buy at least 5 days in advance) whereas if you pay full price you have complete flexibility.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2013, 08:18 AM   #3
Sweetpea2011
Mouseketeer

Ok, thanks. I will keep an eye on the sites over the next four months. If nothing comes up, we're still going whether we pay full price or not! We've taken our girls to DL and DW, so of course we wouldn't miss DLP!
Old 03-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #4
BBH
Earning My Ears

What about the 20th anniversary special tickets featured on the US DLP site? It says they are valid for 6 months after purchases.
1 day two parks for $78 USD. Tickets must be purchased by March 27th.
Is this a good deal?

Thanks!

Disneyland 1987, 2003, 2008, 2010, 2012 Disney World 2006, 2009, 2011, 2013, Nov 2014
Disneyland Paris 2013
BBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:21 PM   #5
Sweetpea2011
Mouseketeer

I'll check that one out. It does seem reasonable that you have 6 months to use them, and the cost is good. Thanks!!
Old 03-11-2013, 07:43 PM   #6
Sweetpea2011
Mouseketeer

So, I got them! It worked out to 236 euros vs. 286 euros, so not a huge savings but a saving nonetheless. I'm just happy to have the fixed and know we will be spending the day there. Wish it were more than one day but Mr. S will only allow us one day to do the things we could do at home. Every other day will be all things Europe.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:12 AM   #7
BBH
Earning My Ears

I am glad the tickets worked out for you. I have the same situation where I can only justify one day of our trip at Disneyland Paris. It will feel a little strange since I am used to much longer trips at Disneyland and Disney World. Have a nice trip.
BBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:38 AM   #8
mardonna
Mouseketeer

20th anniversary tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea2011 View Post
So, I got them! It worked out to 236 euros vs. 286 euros, so not a huge savings but a saving nonetheless. I'm just happy to have the fixed and know we will be spending the day there. Wish it were more than one day but Mr. S will only allow us one day to do the things we could do at home. Every other day will be all things Europe.
I'm so confysed about this ticket option.....so as long as you purchase ticket prior to march 27th...they are good for 6 months.....we are going for 1 day in July and we are a fmaily of 6 so this ticket would save us a lot of money.....I tried to get more info on website because some say you can only use through March 27th.....but since you purchased ticket what does it say...
mardonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:01 PM   #9
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardonna View Post
I'm so confysed about this ticket option.....so as long as you purchase ticket prior to march 27th...they are good for 6 months.....we are going for 1 day in July and we are a fmaily of 6 so this ticket would save us a lot of money.....I tried to get more info on website because some say you can only use through March 27th.....but since you purchased ticket what does it say...
This is my concern too. We go in June and I don't want to be out nearly $1000 if these tickets can't be used after March 27th. Does anyone here know, for certain, whether they only have to be purchased by 3/27 but can be used after that? I am guessing the answer is yes since it says you have six months to use them and the stated dates span less than six months...but I want to be sure before I buy.

TIA
MouseMomx2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:13 PM   #10
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Sweetpea2011, great news!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mardonna View Post
Just looked at the US website and I also read it that the ticket has to be purchased by 27th March and then is valid for 6 months

The 20th Anniversary Ticket is valid :

1 day within a 6 month period from 1 day after purchase20th Anniversary Ticket

- The 20th Anniversary Ticket is valid for 1 day in the 2 Disney® Parks at Disneyland® Paris
- Valid for any attractions, shows and parades (except the Shooting Gallery and Video Games Arcade in Disneyland® Park) for one entire day. The ticket does not entitle to attend special events or parties in the Disney® Parks.
Details
- Certain shows and attractions may be closed, modified, delayed or cancelled without prior notice, notably in the case of bad weather conditions.
- Only open to private individuals.
- The price of this special ticket cannot be further discounted.
- Please allow us 10 days for delivery if option "sent by post" selected, mailing fees apply.
- Special Tickets are non-exchangeable and non-refundable.
- 20th Anniversary Ticket (which saves you 20%) not available at the entrance of both Disney Parks.
Prices calculated on an exchange rate mentioned in our current Brochure/Sales conditions". The 20% saving is in comparison with the price of a 1-Day 2-Park Standard Ticket valid 1 year from date of purchase.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:41 PM   #11
txminotaur
Earning My Ears

What we did

During our stay in Paris about two weeks ago, we stopped by a hotel (other than the one we were staying at in an ideal location near the Center de George Pompidou) to find out pricing for a friend that was thinking of coming to Paris as well to spend some time with us. I spotted a pamphlet for Disneyland Paris and it had a coupon for cheap [official] admission tickets. We only did 1 day/1 park tickets and cost around 55 Euro and I want to say that 1 day/2 park wasn't that much more (possibly another 10 Euro?). All you had to do was take the back page of the pamphlet to the ticket booth and buy your tickets there at the discounted price. I don't remember what the hotel was that we grabbed the pamphlet from to be honest, but I will recommend that if you find one that you grab two or three since they will try to keep the page at the ticket booth unless you ask for it back to reuse it again.
txminotaur is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: