Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2013, 04:49 AM   #31
scoobydooby
Dreaming of next Disney trip

Just cancelled two magazine on line subscriptions I can live without and weight watchers on line. That's all going to Disney spends now
Old 03-09-2013, 02:55 PM   #32
GirlDreamer
DIS Veteran

We've been good with our shopping this week, only using the cheaper brands. So we've spent £14.65 less than budgeted on food, which has gone right into savings Also didn't spend my whole weekly "allowance", so that was another £3 something into savings as well

WDW CM: Feb. 2006 - March 2007 and Aug. 2008 - May 2009 Previous trips: Feb. 2007 (Saratoga Springs), Sept. 2007 (Off-site), Sept. 2010 (POP), Sept. 2012 (POFQ) Next trip: Disneymoon Nov 13th - Dec 4th 2014
GirlDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-10-2013, 06:24 AM   #33
joolz1910
I would have gone down to reception in my robe and slippers
I can't decide if it's sweet or sinister

I've deleted my weight loss ticker and added a savings ticker.

It seems that I haven't.
Back to the drawing board.
2009 DLRP (DLH)
'Just Like we Dreamed it...at the DLH'
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)
2012 OKW at WDW 'A Whole New World'

joolz1910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:54 AM   #34
Julia Ann
DIS Veteran

We have a savings account for Florida 2015, it's been hard going as DH has been full time dad for 5 years and is now working part time so his money is going straight into the florida account. I like the chart idea, mine's on a spreadsheet so less visible. I would like a chart but I think my parents would be horrified to see that we need 5-6k for the holiday - so best they don't see it good luck everybody, much as I would love the money to easy (like it did before we had DD) but I'm excited to see the money mounting up and it's gonna be for our 10yr wedding anniversary so a special treat.
5th visit : Oct 2014 AoA DD first visit 4th visit :20th October 2006 - Quality Inn International I-Drive * 3rd visit : 24th August 2003 - Quality Inn International I-Drive * 2nd visit : 6th Oct 2001 - Kissimmee off 192 * 1st visit : 6th Oct 1995 - Somewhere off I4

Julia Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:46 PM   #35
GirlDreamer
DIS Veteran

We haven't used our entire eating out budget and I'm not getting any contacts this month, so I managed to put another £17.55 into savings.

WDW CM: Feb. 2006 - March 2007 and Aug. 2008 - May 2009 Previous trips: Feb. 2007 (Saratoga Springs), Sept. 2007 (Off-site), Sept. 2010 (POP), Sept. 2012 (POFQ) Next trip: Disneymoon Nov 13th - Dec 4th 2014
Old 03-16-2013, 01:00 PM   #36
wideeyes
Won't use fake tan, wants to stay pale & interesting
Does not do sea food

I think we are aiming for October/November 2015! Which I know is ages away!

I've added stuff to ebay and still cleaning out the house of stuff..

wideeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:17 PM   #37
scoobydooby
Dreaming of next Disney trip

I have a lot of play mobile to sell. The money will go into the kids spends but I'm not sure of the best way to sell it. Any ideas? Not really postable.....
Old 03-16-2013, 02:42 PM   #38
zippy99
DIS Veteran

TOP SAVING TIP!

I posted this on another thread - but since the beginning of the year we have spent £50 a week on our food shopping for me, DH, DD15 & DS12. Cutting our typical bill in HALF!

We are not eating rubbish or horsemeat burgers! Fresh food, home made, including packed lunch and breakfast.

1) Plan out 14 meals (you do not have to eat them on set days -but if you need to defrost some meat you may need to consider your meal at least the day before)

2) Make a list of all the items you need for your meals (including sides such as beans veg etc)

3) Add in packed lunch items etc

4) Add essentials (for us Salad, bread, milk, bacon, eggs, cereal, marmite, mayo, ketchup etc..)

5) Any other bits (household items on offer)

Typically I spend £80 on a fortnight shop and top up bread, milk and salad items.

In an average week we may eat:

Sunday - Gammon with roast potatoes, veg & cheese&leek sauce
Monday - Home Made Meatballs & Spaghetti
Tuesday - Pork Chops with Mash & Veg
Wednesday - Fajhitas with Salad
Thursday - Pasta Bake (using various veg, leftover meat etc!)
Friday - Jacket Potatoes (with Tuna/Egg Mayou/Cheese & Beans)
Saturday - Chicken and Chips (normally we stuff and make our own kievs)

I eat lots of leftover meat etc with salad for lunch and we all have cereal or Mickey waffles (DD makes a batch in her waffle maker and freezes) for breakfast and always have a cooked breakfast on a Sunday!

If we make Chilli, Lasgane or Cottage Pie - I always freeze leftovers in portions for my lunch.

By shopping online I resist the temptation of buying non essentials or being 'sucked' into special offers! I have saved £600 so far this year which went towards our flights!

Disneyworld Orlando - AKL, Disney Dream & Contemporary - October 2014 Disneyworld Orlando - Wilderness Lodge & RPR - August 2013
Disneyworld Orlando - RPR & CBR - August 2012 Florida Emerald Island Resort - October 2011
Disneyworld Orlando - OKW - October 2010 Disneyworld Orlando - POFQ - September 2009
Disneyworld Orlando - Pop Century - January 2008 Disneyland Paris - DisneyLand Hotel - Christmas 2006
Disneyland Paris - Sequioa Lodge - October 2005 Disneyland Paris - Sequioa Lodge - March 2004
zippy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:12 PM   #39
Disneynutinlondon
It's been such a blast with all the lurkers and fluffing
I seem to be whitering on in a constant stream of random thoughts
I think I'll just go with the small one

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy99 View Post
TOP SAVING TIP!

I posted this on another thread - but since the beginning of the year we have spent £50 a week on our food shopping for me, DH, DD15 & DS12. Cutting our typical bill in HALF!

We are not eating rubbish or horsemeat burgers! Fresh food, home made, including packed lunch and breakfast.

1) Plan out 14 meals (you do not have to eat them on set days -but if you need to defrost some meat you may need to consider your meal at least the day before)

2) Make a list of all the items you need for your meals (including sides such as beans veg etc)

3) Add in packed lunch items etc

4) Add essentials (for us Salad, bread, milk, bacon, eggs, cereal, marmite, mayo, ketchup etc..)

5) Any other bits (household items on offer)

Typically I spend £80 on a fortnight shop and top up bread, milk and salad items.

In an average week we may eat:

Sunday - Gammon with roast potatoes, veg & cheese&leek sauce
Monday - Home Made Meatballs & Spaghetti
Tuesday - Pork Chops with Mash & Veg
Wednesday - Fajhitas with Salad
Thursday - Pasta Bake (using various veg, leftover meat etc!)
Friday - Jacket Potatoes (with Tuna/Egg Mayou/Cheese & Beans)
Saturday - Chicken and Chips (normally we stuff and make our own kievs)

I eat lots of leftover meat etc with salad for lunch and we all have cereal or Mickey waffles (DD makes a batch in her waffle maker and freezes) for breakfast and always have a cooked breakfast on a Sunday!

If we make Chilli, Lasgane or Cottage Pie - I always freeze leftovers in portions for my lunch.

By shopping online I resist the temptation of buying non essentials or being 'sucked' into special offers! I have saved £600 so far this year which went towards our flights!
OMG I can only be amazed at this. We also cook from scratch everyday and have breakfast at home. The boys have to have school lunch as they are not allowed to take any food into school. I shop in ASDA and I'm a careful. I buy own brand and value brand wherever possible shopper but I still spend at least £110 - £130 a week

I bow to your shopping prowess
Old 03-16-2013, 03:25 PM   #40
zippy99
DIS Veteran

Thanks Isobel!

It does take a bit of time planning, I found it fun at first but it is more tedious as time goes on - however - I have to remind myself of the savings!

I swear the biggest saving came by hiding all the crisps and snack bars for lunch boxes (otherwise DH and the kids would polish them off halfway through the first week)

Disneyworld Orlando - AKL, Disney Dream & Contemporary - October 2014 Disneyworld Orlando - Wilderness Lodge & RPR - August 2013
Disneyworld Orlando - RPR & CBR - August 2012 Florida Emerald Island Resort - October 2011
Disneyworld Orlando - OKW - October 2010 Disneyworld Orlando - POFQ - September 2009
Disneyworld Orlando - Pop Century - January 2008 Disneyland Paris - DisneyLand Hotel - Christmas 2006
Disneyland Paris - Sequioa Lodge - October 2005 Disneyland Paris - Sequioa Lodge - March 2004
zippy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:58 AM   #41
wideeyes
Won't use fake tan, wants to stay pale & interesting
Does not do sea food

I cook meals from scratch too. I cook meals that my 8 month baby can have aswell as us as we don't buy baby food.

I do freeze portion though for when we are to busy to cook so we are not tempted by take aways.

I think we spend about £200 a month on food. We are doing a list for next month for the 1st time and so far it is £130 but will need to get extra for the month which will probably be less than £10 a week. (fresh veg, fruit, milk, yogurt etc)

wideeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:25 PM   #42
GirlDreamer
DIS Veteran

Yay, was able to put £181.58 into my savings account today. We've saved on our grocery shopping and on generally spending less. So now our ticker is up to 7.7%

Old 03-23-2013, 12:56 PM   #43
joolz1910
I would have gone down to reception in my robe and slippers
I can't decide if it's sweet or sinister

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlDreamer View Post
Yay, was able to put £181.58 into my savings account today. We've saved on our grocery shopping and on generally spending less. So now our ticker is up to 7.7%
Hi GirlDreamer - how did you get your savings ticker to go at the right of your countdown ticker? I want to do the same but just can't work out how to do it!
2009 DLRP (DLH)
'Just Like we Dreamed it...at the DLH'
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)
2012 OKW at WDW 'A Whole New World'

joolz1910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:45 PM   #44
GirlDreamer
DIS Veteran

I'm not even sure tbh. I tried and failed a lot before I managed it, by trying to add or remove space between them. I think I ended up with removing the link that came with the first one (countdown), but kept the link for the savings one. I'll have a look in my CP when I'm on my computer to see if I can work out how I did it.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Old 03-23-2013, 01:57 PM   #45
GirlDreamer
DIS Veteran

Okay, I got bored and checked it right away. I'm not quite sure how I did it, but here's the code I used (had to add some spaces in the brackets so they wouldn't show the actual image):

Code:
[ CENTER ][ img ]http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/0nxvoputqj883sc5.png[/img]     :cutie: [ url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/savings/wehudo1/ ][ img ]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wehudo1/savings.png[/img][/url][/CENTER]

WDW CM: Feb. 2006 - March 2007 and Aug. 2008 - May 2009 Previous trips: Feb. 2007 (Saratoga Springs), Sept. 2007 (Off-site), Sept. 2010 (POP), Sept. 2012 (POFQ)  Next trip: Hopefully Nov. 2014
I used a smilie between the two tickers so they weren't all into each other.

Don't understand why the tickers would show as images when I use the code thingy. I thought the idea was that when you use code, it won't show an image, url etc if you want to show people how to do something...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: