Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2013, 07:47 AM   #16
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionnette
Wow! We're talking an extra $200/night!

I love the Poly, but like you I tend to be tight with my money. I'd be thinking a lot about how much time I'd be spending at my resort if I only had 3 days to enjoy Disney.

Will you be sleeping in and having coffee on the balcony? Walking the sandy beach at night during Wishes? Using the pool and hot tub during the day? Will you be spending a lot of time at the MK, so that having the monorail right there will be a big plus? If you're not going to take advantage of what the resort has to offer, I don't know if it's worth the extra money.

Personally, I would be looking for some kind of discount before I would book the Poly or any deluxe at the rack rate. I know myself well enough to know that I would spend the entire 3 days rethinking whether it was worth an extra $200 every night. And if it bothered me that much, it would take away from enjoying my trip.

That being said, if you're the type who can let it go easily once the decision is made, the I prefer the Poly over CSR. But CSR gets my vote for best moderate.
I agree with this 100%. Thats $200/night we're talkin about. Not sure about you, but we're in the parks all day so we dont get to spend much time at the resort. CSR gets my vote.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:41 AM   #17
Tropics
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by housetomouse View Post
Go to Poly! It has a special something that doesn't come through in the pictures. The location is amazing, the beach could be romantic without kids. You can hop on the monorail or the boat and be at the Magic Kingdom quickly. It is a short walk to the TTC where you can quickly be on a bus to most places or the monorail to Epcot. The rooms may not wow you, but the rest more than makes up for them (plus they are being renovated and maybe you could get into a renovated building). I think you should do it at least once and this trip sounds like a great time to do it.
I absolutely agree with this. We were there for the first time in January and I couldn't get over how the specialness of the Poly really didn't come across in photos. We loved it so much that we changed our plans for our December trip to stay at the Poly instead of CR or BLT. There really is a special relaxing quality that the Poly has that doesn't come through in photos.
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2013, 12:16 PM   #18
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

I have to vote for CSR. I have seen the Poly and I wouldn't pay an additional $200 a night for it. If you got some great 35% off room rate maybe, but to pay $600 extra dollars for 3 nights is not worth it to me.
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:26 PM   #19
jw50
I might make it sound more embarrasing that it really was
By definition all of the maelstrom women are hotties

If it is within your budget and you really want to make this trip special you may want to consider doing the Platinum Package and have your anniversary dinner at V&As. Take a bunch of backstage tours (Dolphins in Depth, Seas Aqua, etc), Cirque de Soliel, Fireworks Cruise, Spa at the GF, parasailing, watercraft, you will find there are just not enough hours during the day, all TS meals, etc. And I can tell you from experience that the Poly is the ideal location to take advantage of all that is offered with the Platinum Plan. Use this as the time to do the things that Disney offers that you would not do with the kids.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/med...13Platinum.pdf
Old 03-16-2013, 02:30 PM   #20
Cappy81
Mouseketeer

Go for the Poly! It is worth every penny, in my opinion!

3/12 Poly, 9/12 AKL, 9/13 WL, 9/14 AKL
Cappy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:03 PM   #21
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

Sorry, I can't. Every family is different, but for us it would not be worth it. We stayed there during our 2nd trip after having DD #1 and had a great time. But after staying at other resorts since, and having great times there, when we look back to compare we do not think it would be worth $200 more a night. During an 8 night stay we spend 1-1/2 to 2 days hanging at the resort, so it is not like we do parks every day. We enjoy watching wishes from the beach but we have done that without paying to stay there. Almost all our trips had special moments But this is why Disney World resorts are so great, plenty to choose from

DW DH DD(9) DD(4)

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(3), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO and DLH
buzznina is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: