Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-13-2013, 02:48 PM   #391
iloverags2
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 2,349

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolet View Post
We did the same cruise a couple of years ago. When we cruised we hit bad weather. They changed our sea day with Bahamas day. Pirate night was still on the Bahamas day. I don't know why they don't do it on the sea day because you can relax that day and nap. And be well rested.

So my money is on pirate night being on Bahamas day!
Ok, night 4 it is! I'll be ready whenever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
To me Nassau day is like a sea day. Only some of the passengers vanish for a few hours. I'd prefer to just stay on the ship and kick back and relax. Have to go ashore though, let DBF wander around. He's never been out of the country (Canada and Tijuana don't count to us)
We love getting off the ship in Nassau! Usually it involves either snorkeling or heading over to Queen's Staircase and Fort Fincastle. And then a stop at Tortuga for rum cakes before getting back on the ship! Oh yes...and a passport stamp is always required too!
__________________
Cindy


iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:24 PM   #392
TorontoGirl
Mouseketeer
 
TorontoGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Posts: 250

Whew - I finally got through all 27 pages of posts :-)

I just called to confirm with DCL - the Manager confirmed that you are given a "Keepsake" after the race but not a big medal like at the other RunDisney events. You do get a bib with Castaway Cay on it with a number on it - My DH did the CC 5K on a 4 Night on the Dream in 2011 and didn't get a medal either so if they did give out a Mickey medal I think they discontinued this awhile ago.

Has anyone done a CC 5K after Sept 2011 to now and got something other than the bib?

My DH and I are doing the Expedition Everest Challenge this May and the Tower of Terror 10 Miler at the beginning of Oct so we will definitely be doing to CC 5K even if we only get the bib :-P

Again they said there is nothing on the schedule for Halloween but it is normal for there to be festivities on the ships in the 2 weeks surrounding the holiday. They won't announce it till closer to LOL

My idea: all of us call and ask about it so they know there is a demand for it!!!

My DH and I will be doing some scary but not gruesome Disney themed characters :-P
__________________
Tarin Disney Fanatic From The Great White North
Avengers Half Marathon - Nov 2014!!!

CHECK OUT MY 1st PTR

Past Trips
Early 1990s-Offsite? MK & EPCOT, Oct 08–WDW–Honeymoon–All-Star Music-Jazz, Mar 09–WDW–All-Star Music-Jazz, Sep 09–WDW–All-Star Music-Jazz&Broadway & DCL–7 Night Western-Magic, Feb 10–WDW–All Star Movies-Dalmatians, Oct 10–DCL–7 Night Eastern-Magic, Mar 11-WDW-All-Star Music-Jazz, Sep 11-DCL-4 Night Bahamas-Dream & WDW - Pop, Dec 11-WDW-All Star Sports-Tennis, Feb 29 - 24hrs in MK!, May 13-EEC, Oct 14-ToT10Miler, Jan 15-Dopey Challange
TorontoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-14-2013, 04:29 PM   #393
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet
 
jeanigor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rochester Hills, Michigan
Posts: 14,645

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoGirl View Post
Whew - I finally got through all 27 pages of posts :-)

I just called to confirm with DCL - the Manager confirmed that you are given a "Keepsake" after the race but not a big medal like at the other RunDisney events. You do get a bib with Castaway Cay on it with a number on it - My DH did the CC 5K on a 4 Night on the Dream in 2011 and didn't get a medal either so if they did give out a Mickey medal I think they discontinued this awhile ago.

Has anyone done a CC 5K after Sept 2011 to now and got something other than the bib?

My DH and I are doing the Expedition Everest Challenge this May and the Tower of Terror 10 Miler at the beginning of Oct so we will definitely be doing to CC 5K even if we only get the bib :-P

Again they said there is nothing on the schedule for Halloween but it is normal for there to be festivities on the ships in the 2 weeks surrounding the holiday. They won't announce it till closer to LOL

My idea: all of us call and ask about it so they know there is a demand for it!!!

My DH and I will be doing some scary but not gruesome Disney themed characters :-P
I sailed on the Fantasy in October and got the Mickey DCL 5K medallion. Unlike other 5K fun runs, this one is rigid plastic instead of being flexible. But as there is no entry fee for this event, it is to be expected. Also got a bib.

See you at the Everest Challenge! We are bee lining it from Ft Lauderdale after disembarking the Oasis of the Seas Saturday morning.
__________________
__
You may call me Todd. Tiara Todd.__________I am fairly certain that if given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world. One sequin at a time.
jeanigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:07 PM   #394
TorontoGirl
Mouseketeer
 
TorontoGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Posts: 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
I sailed on the Fantasy in October and got the Mickey DCL 5K medallion. Unlike other 5K fun runs, this one is rigid plastic instead of being flexible. But as there is no entry fee for this event, it is to be expected. Also got a bib.

See you at the Everest Challenge! We are bee lining it from Ft Lauderdale after disembarking the Oasis of the Seas Saturday morning.
Whoo Hoo - great to know we'll get something :-)

I saw that you are at EEC too it's my first RunDisney event and I'm so nervous! I just posted a dumb ? about bag check LOL

Jealous that you are on the Oasis - we want to go on that or the Allure eventually Are you doing a trip report?
__________________
Tarin Disney Fanatic From The Great White North
Avengers Half Marathon - Nov 2014!!!

CHECK OUT MY 1st PTR

Past Trips
Early 1990s-Offsite? MK & EPCOT, Oct 08–WDW–Honeymoon–All-Star Music-Jazz, Mar 09–WDW–All-Star Music-Jazz, Sep 09–WDW–All-Star Music-Jazz&Broadway & DCL–7 Night Western-Magic, Feb 10–WDW–All Star Movies-Dalmatians, Oct 10–DCL–7 Night Eastern-Magic, Mar 11-WDW-All-Star Music-Jazz, Sep 11-DCL-4 Night Bahamas-Dream & WDW - Pop, Dec 11-WDW-All Star Sports-Tennis, Feb 29 - 24hrs in MK!, May 13-EEC, Oct 14-ToT10Miler, Jan 15-Dopey Challange
TorontoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:58 AM   #395
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet
 
jeanigor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rochester Hills, Michigan
Posts: 14,645

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoGirl View Post
Whoo Hoo - great to know we'll get something :-)

I saw that you are at EEC too it's my first RunDisney event and I'm so nervous! I just posted a dumb ? about bag check LOL

Jealous that you are on the Oasis - we want to go on that or the Allure eventually Are you doing a trip report?
NO dumb questions. If you don't know something or aren't sure, best thing to do is ask. Unless you're on the Community Board, I've found that you'll get an answer in a respectful manor.

I'm not sure about a full trip report, but I will be happy to share my experience. This is my first time on RCL and I am looking forward to relaxing a bit. I don't quite seem to do that on Disney Cruise Line, even as an adult with no kiddos. Always something I want to do. (Yes, going and saying hi to Peter Pan is something I like to do!)
__________________
__
You may call me Todd. Tiara Todd.__________I am fairly certain that if given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world. One sequin at a time.
jeanigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:01 AM   #396
TorontoGirl
Mouseketeer
 
TorontoGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Posts: 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
NO dumb questions. If you don't know something or aren't sure, best thing to do is ask. Unless you're on the Community Board, I've found that you'll get an answer in a respectful manor.

I'm not sure about a full trip report, but I will be happy to share my experience. This is my first time on RCL and I am looking forward to relaxing a bit. I don't quite seem to do that on Disney Cruise Line, even as an adult with no kiddos. Always something I want to do. (Yes, going and saying hi to Peter Pan is something I like to do!)
Thanks! And don't worry - I relate, 18 nights between the Magic and the Dream & there is TONS I haven't gotten too yet

I too LOVE saying hi to Peter - he always seems to have just had a RedBull or maybe it's the unlimited Mickey Bars
__________________
Tarin Disney Fanatic From The Great White North
Avengers Half Marathon - Nov 2014!!!

CHECK OUT MY 1st PTR

Past Trips
Early 1990s-Offsite? MK & EPCOT, Oct 08–WDW–Honeymoon–All-Star Music-Jazz, Mar 09–WDW–All-Star Music-Jazz, Sep 09–WDW–All-Star Music-Jazz&Broadway & DCL–7 Night Western-Magic, Feb 10–WDW–All Star Movies-Dalmatians, Oct 10–DCL–7 Night Eastern-Magic, Mar 11-WDW-All-Star Music-Jazz, Sep 11-DCL-4 Night Bahamas-Dream & WDW - Pop, Dec 11-WDW-All Star Sports-Tennis, Feb 29 - 24hrs in MK!, May 13-EEC, Oct 14-ToT10Miler, Jan 15-Dopey Challange
TorontoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:34 AM   #397
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet
 
jeanigor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rochester Hills, Michigan
Posts: 14,645

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoGirl View Post
I too LOVE saying hi to Peter - he always seems to have just had a RedBull or maybe it's the unlimited Mickey Bars
I have a hat that I am quite fond of wearing while on a Disney vacation. (That's me on the right--not the middle)


I was wearing it while sitting at the rebooking desk talking about booking this cruise and Peter walked up stole my hat and flew away. Thankfully he just likes to have mischievous fun and I got my hat back.
__________________
__
You may call me Todd. Tiara Todd.__________I am fairly certain that if given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world. One sequin at a time.
jeanigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:43 AM   #398
TorontoGirl
Mouseketeer
 
TorontoGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Posts: 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
I have a hat that I am quite fond of wearing while on a Disney vacation. (That's me on the right--not the middle)

I was wearing it while sitting at the rebooking desk talking about booking this cruise and Peter walked up stole my hat and flew away. Thankfully he just likes to have mischievous fun and I got my hat back.
SPARKILY!!!
__________________
Tarin Disney Fanatic From The Great White North
Avengers Half Marathon - Nov 2014!!!

CHECK OUT MY 1st PTR

Past Trips
Early 1990s-Offsite? MK & EPCOT, Oct 08–WDW–Honeymoon–All-Star Music-Jazz, Mar 09–WDW–All-Star Music-Jazz, Sep 09–WDW–All-Star Music-Jazz&Broadway & DCL–7 Night Western-Magic, Feb 10–WDW–All Star Movies-Dalmatians, Oct 10–DCL–7 Night Eastern-Magic, Mar 11-WDW-All-Star Music-Jazz, Sep 11-DCL-4 Night Bahamas-Dream & WDW - Pop, Dec 11-WDW-All Star Sports-Tennis, Feb 29 - 24hrs in MK!, May 13-EEC, Oct 14-ToT10Miler, Jan 15-Dopey Challange
TorontoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:25 AM   #399
goeva
DIS Veteran
 
goeva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,516

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post

I'm not sure about a full trip report, but I will be happy to share my experience. This is my first time on RCL and I am looking forward to relaxing a bit. I don't quite seem to do that on Disney Cruise Line, even as an adult with no kiddos. Always something I want to do. (Yes, going and saying hi to Peter Pan is something I like to do!)
Yes, please do. Would love to know more about Oasis as well.
I just received my RCL brochure yesterday.
So jealous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
I have a hat that I am quite fond of wearing while on a Disney vacation. (That's me on the right--not the middle)


I was wearing it while sitting at the rebooking desk talking about booking this cruise and Peter walked up stole my hat and flew away. Thankfully he just likes to have mischievous fun and I got my hat back.
What a great picture. Thanks for sharing, Todd.
Love the hat!
__________________

MeDH DD DS

Last edited by goeva; 03-15-2013 at 07:23 PM.
goeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:12 AM   #400
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club
 
Silverfox97's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Celebration, FL
Posts: 6,185

Hi everyone !!

Just off the Fantasy this AM I am going to miss all of the friends we made - we had our same server & head server from Dec and it was great. Like family A truly great cruise.

Bonniec - I used to request dining rotations. This time, I requested my server instead. In Oct., I'm going to take what they give us. As a first time cruiser, just go with the flow. You'll enjoy

CC 5K. Ran it in Aug 2010 but stopped because of the time it takes away from enjoying CC. It was a cluster yesterday; captain got the Fantasy there late, runners weren't allowed off first & we all got off ship ~10:20. No thanks. That being said, I may run it once in Oct because we have 2 stops there. Runners were given race bibs & "medals." T-shirts are avail for purchase.

Going to miss the crew friends we made over the past 3 Fantasy sailings, but excited to get on the Magic in Oct.!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Emily Scott Isabelle Tiger Bogey Zoe Singer Brutus
PLATINUM DCL Cruisers~ WDW Annual passholders since September 2007!

2016 Wonder Jan Southern ~ 2015 Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic Oct Southern/B2B repo ~ 2013 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:50 PM   #401
madmaxmom2
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2

Looking forward to sailing the Magic AGAIN!

Hi All!!
Just got home from the 6 nt Magic out of Galveston and rebooked for the Oct. 20th Magic in Miami. There were so many extra crew members on this past cruise looking over the ship and discussing the changes for dry dock. I do know that Parrot Cay will be changed completely, Topsiders will be converted to be more like Cabana's and not be the same and that they are adding in the same skyline bar that they have on Dream/Fantasy. I am so excited to be back on this ship and so are our kids. It is me, DH, DD (age 10) and DS (age 7). We love the smaller ship over the bigger ones. It never feels crowded on them. So very excited.
madmaxmom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:14 PM   #402
iloverags2
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 2,349

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxmom2 View Post
Hi All!!
Just got home from the 6 nt Magic out of Galveston and rebooked for the Oct. 20th Magic in Miami. There were so many extra crew members on this past cruise looking over the ship and discussing the changes for dry dock. I do know that Parrot Cay will be changed completely, Topsiders will be converted to be more like Cabana's and not be the same and that they are adding in the same skyline bar that they have on Dream/Fantasy. I am so excited to be back on this ship and so are our kids. It is me, DH, DD (age 10) and DS (age 7). We love the smaller ship over the bigger ones. It never feels crowded on them. So very excited.
Hi and Welcome!!!
__________________
Cindy


iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:43 PM   #403
threewilmingtonwalls
DIS Veteran
 
threewilmingtonwalls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hollywood East
Posts: 683

Hi! My DD (7 at time of sailing) and I will be joining you for this cruise, along with two of of our dearest friends (mommy and DD 7). We just sailed an 8-night Bahamas sailing out of Galveston and missed Castaway Cay due to bad weather, so this will be our CC do-over cruise! I am considering adding the 2-day cruise to nowhere to make this a B2B, but it will depend on how much I have to shell out for airfare and pre-cruise hotel.

This will be our 4th cruise aboard the Magic, and our friends' first-ever Disney cruise. We will probably not do FE's this time around, but would love to participate in a meet. I notice that some of our cruisemates for the 10/11/14 Southern Caribbean are also in this group - YAY!! I put in a request to join the FB group. Looking forward to planning and sailing with you all!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
The Undomestic Goddess (Me!) DH (DD8)
threewilmingtonwalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:20 AM   #404
iloverags2
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 2,349

Quote:
Originally Posted by threewilmingtonwalls View Post
Hi! My DD (7 at time of sailing) and I will be joining you for this cruise, along with two of of our dearest friends (mommy and DD 7). We just sailed an 8-night Bahamas sailing out of Galveston and missed Castaway Cay due to bad weather, so this will be our CC do-over cruise! I am considering adding the 2-day cruise to nowhere to make this a B2B, but it will depend on how much I have to shell out for airfare and pre-cruise hotel.

This will be our 4th cruise aboard the Magic, and our friends' first-ever Disney cruise. We will probably not do FE's this time around, but would love to participate in a meet. I notice that some of our cruisemates for the 10/11/14 Southern Caribbean are also in this group - YAY!! I put in a request to join the FB group. Looking forward to planning and sailing with you all!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Welcome to all of you! So glad you will be joining us!
__________________
Cindy


iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:17 PM   #405
first timers
DIS Veteran
 
first timers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Lake Mary, FL
Posts: 597

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoGirl View Post
I just called to confirm with DCL - the Manager confirmed that you are given a "Keepsake" after the race but not a big medal like at the other RunDisney events. You do get a bib with Castaway Cay on it with a number on it - My DH did the CC 5K on a 4 Night on the Dream in 2011 and didn't get a medal either so if they did give out a Mickey medal I think they discontinued this awhile ago.
Has anyone done a CC 5K after Sept 2011 to now and got something other than the bib?
When they first started the 5Ks there were only a handful of participants and they did not give out anything. As they got more popular they gave out bibs and a plastic finisher "medal" shaped as a Mickey head (big circle, two ears). We did the 5K in January on our "reward cruise' for doing the Disney marathon that Sunday, and we got a finishers certificate. I don't remember getting a bib this time. Alex
__________________
07/30/98 Maiden Voyage Magic 08/15/99 Maiden Voyage Wonder
08/12/00 1st Eastern Carribean Cruise 05/11/02 1st Western Carribean Cruise
01/23/03 1st Passholder Cruise 12/18/04 1st 10-day Christmas Cruise
05/14/05 1st Panama Canal Cruise 05/28/05 1st West Coast Cruise
09/07/2006 1st 10-day Wonder Cruise 09/17/2006 1st 11-day Wonder Cruise
05/12/2007 1st Transatlantic Cruise 05/26/07 1st Mediteranen Cruise
06/05/10 1st Bacelona to Dover Cruise 06/12/10 1st Baltic Cruise
02/06/11 Maiden Voyage Dream 04/27/11 1st LA to Vancouver Cruise05/3/11 1st Alaska Cruise
first timers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.