Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 09:12 PM   #1
Sheldora
Disney Wedding here I come!

Starting to freak out!

I am budgeting out my wedding and if only half the people I invite show up I'm up to $40000 with nothing too fancy and making all my own decor. So I am looking at potential options aside from the $10000 ceremony in front of the castle. When I last called disney weddings to get some questions answered the lady told me there were several locations with the castle "in the background" while obviously not in the park. Other than the wedding pavilion where are others?
Sheldora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:43 AM   #2
itsmebabygi
Counting Down!

Hmm. With the way you just described your budget, I'm assuming you don't have a small group. I'm not sure there is a location like that (other than the wedding pavilion) that would support anything other than a small group.
Every place I can think of, it's views of spaceship earth, not the castle. Or the castle, but less than 10/20 people.
What is your head count? That would definitely help to get an understanding of your options.
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2013, 07:09 AM   #3
Summer Daydream
Mouseketeer

If having your wedding in front if the castle is too pricey at this point, have you considered having your wedding in Epcot? You are still having a unique wedding in a park for considerably less. Then you can always add the MK photo shoot for $1700 I believe and get your pictures in front of the castle that way.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:11 AM   #4
Summer Daydream
Mouseketeer

I know that's not what you asked exactly, I was just offering up a suggestion that could cut your budget down but still allow you the castle photos. I don't know of any other location other than WP for larger weddings with the castle view.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #5
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

Yeah, the Poly beach, but that is only for smaller weddings/groups....

May 2014 (BLT), Dec 2013 (BLT/AKL), Sept/Oct '12 (AKV/DCL), Jan '11 (AKL),Sept/Oct '10 (AKL/BLT/DCL/BWV), Sept '09 (BLT), April/May '09 (BW/AKL), Sept/Oct 08 (POP/AKL), Nov 03 (ASMovies/AKL), Nov 01 (CBR), Nov 97 (Disney Village Resort), '87 (off property), '77 (CR)
Lorelei528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:27 PM   #6
tashka87
Mouseketeer

Maybe near contemporary resort? They have nice area for parties, so they can probably have a ceremony there. But.. There is a parking lot between castle and the venue.
How many guests you are u having? If you set your mind on castle, your guest count should not exceed 50. Brunch for 50 is not that bad in price..
Old 03-07-2013, 05:07 PM   #7
Sheldora
Disney Wedding here I come!

My ceremony count is 35 but the wears planning a dinner reception for about 100 which is crazy expensive!
Sheldora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:00 PM   #8
tashka87
Mouseketeer

Cutting the guest count is not an option? Consider then brunch.. It will save quite a lot!
Old 03-07-2013, 09:51 PM   #9
Summer Daydream
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashka87
Cutting the guest count is not an option? Consider then brunch.. It will save quite a lot!
I agree with this. You can save so much going with a brunch reception over a dinner reception. Especially for 100 people!
Old 03-13-2013, 02:27 PM   #10
Princess SarahK
DIS Veteran

The Epcot option would also be very memorable and beautiful! And you have so many to choose from. How many people can say they've been to a wedding IN the parks? Of course I'm partial to the WP but that's for obvious personal reasons

There was a bride here a few years back, Cassie, that had her ceremony at the GF Marina and it was STUNNING! Try looking here

Good luck! Whatever you end up choosing will be a great decision since you can't go wrong with a DFTW!!

Princess SarahK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:41 PM   #11
tric8783
DIS Veteran

We were offered the Poly beach to the right side of the WP for 100 guests. I'm not sure if you can see the castle from there, but it's pretty and I think pretty private compared to some other options. We ended up going with the beach at the Beach Club. I also agree with the brunch being less expensive than a dinner. You can also modify all the menus they provide to bring the price down, as long as you meet the per person minimum for brunch/lunch/dinner. Good luck!
Old 03-21-2013, 08:50 PM   #12
clapton
Mouseketeer

My daughter's ceremony was at the gazebo at the Yacht Club and we had 100 guests. The cocktail hour was on the beach at the beach club and the reception was at the American Adventure in Epcot. Everything was amazing and a day we will never forget! Congratulations and enjoy every minute!
clapton is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: