Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 12:18 AM   #76
Cindie-rella
...Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever.
 
Cindie-rella's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: N.E. Pennsylvania
Posts: 614

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elinor Dashwood View Post
Eeew! We always removed that giant duvet for that very reason. And every day the maid would put it back on the beds. Ew!!
I always say I'm going to do it but never have yet, but someone told me to ask for fresh, clean blankets and comforters/duvets. This is something that has always bothered me. I used to clean hotel/motel rooms for a living way back when...and believe me when I tell you I've seen it all !!! UGH ! YUck! I always, always, always take chlorox wipes and start with the bathroom. Remember to do doorknobs, esp the ones leaving the bathroom...just use your imagination. I don't really like the housekeeping in my room to "clean"every day either. I've watched how some others cleaned. It is down right gross ! One lady I worked with would use the same rag she scrubbed the toilets and floor with to clean the sinks...same towel in every room ! You just never know. I try not to get too freaked about it but when I get flashbacks....I just can't help it!
__________________


2000 ASMo 2005 POR 2006 AKL 2007 POR 2008 AKL/OKW 2013 POLY
Cindie-rella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:26 AM   #77
Princess Katherine
The Yeti's Girlfriend
 
Princess Katherine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 643

Ive been begging them to get rid of those bedspreads! Finally! Love the throw pillows and the turtle wall paper!
Princess Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-15-2013, 10:54 AM   #78
Elinor Dashwood
DIS Veteran
 
Elinor Dashwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,513

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindie-rella View Post
I always say I'm going to do it but never have yet, but someone told me to ask for fresh, clean blankets and comforters/duvets. This is something that has always bothered me. I used to clean hotel/motel rooms for a living way back when...and believe me when I tell you I've seen it all !!! UGH ! YUck! I always, always, always take chlorox wipes and start with the bathroom. Remember to do doorknobs, esp the ones leaving the bathroom...just use your imagination. I don't really like the housekeeping in my room to "clean"every day either. I've watched how some others cleaned. It is down right gross ! One lady I worked with would use the same rag she scrubbed the toilets and floor with to clean the sinks...same towel in every room ! You just never know. I try not to get too freaked about it but when I get flashbacks....I just can't help it!
Ha ha! Those bedspreads are bacteria traps! I don't even like setting my coat on it. As for those large flowered pillows, I always removed those too and sure enough, the maid put them all back. I take my wipes with me as well and do all those surfaces. My DH laughs while I do it but then ask him how would feel if there was a sick family in this room before us. So I wipe down everything!

I used to do housekeeping in college for tuition money and the lady I worked with did the same thing...used the rag from the toilet and floor to swipe on the sinks! Even then, as a clueless college student I could see how utterly disgusting that was!
Elinor Dashwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:48 PM   #79
trishadono
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 1,911

I just want to say thanks(really from all of us disers) to be the first to post our first glimpse of the new Poly! I am still coming back to see the pics. I am finally getting used to the new colors and am really looking forward to my stay!
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:30 PM   #80
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas
 
Linda67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: England
Posts: 5,538

We are thinking of staying at the Poly after our cruise in May 2014 - yeah I know, ages away

Does anyone know what the roll out of the renovations are?

Will all the longhouses be renovated by the time of our stay?
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:33 PM   #81
GoofyHusband
Earning My Ears
 
GoofyHusband's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67
We are thinking of staying at the Poly after our cruise in May 2014 - yeah I know, ages away

Does anyone know what the roll out of the renovations are?

Will all the longhouses be renovated by the time of our stay?
I believe all of the room renovations will be completed by the fall (when my wife and I are going). But to be sure check out the tikiman's website.
GoofyHusband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:35 AM   #82
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas
 
Linda67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: England
Posts: 5,538

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyHusband View Post
I believe all of the room renovations will be completed by the fall (when my wife and I are going). But to be sure check out the tikiman's website.
Thanks
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:25 AM   #83
gaildmoody
Mouseketeer
 
gaildmoody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 132

The pics aren't working for me?
gaildmoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:42 PM   #84
mlittig
DIS Veteran
 
mlittig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Northern Massachusetts
Posts: 5,366

I think the rooms look so much lighter and brighter now
__________________

5/87 Polynesian 5/90 Polynesian 12/02 Off site 8/08 French Quarter 6/09 French Quarter 8/09 All Star Sports 4/10 French Quarter 12/10 Old Key West 4/11 Old Key West 8/11 Pop 9/11 Pop 4/12 Old Key West 8/12 Old Key West 4/13 Old Key West 8/13 Old Key West 4/14 Old Key West 8/14 Old Key West 4/17/15 Old Key West
mlittig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:19 AM   #85
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.
 
lmhall2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Space town, AL
Posts: 5,476

I am in the minority, but do not like the rooms at all..the only thing I kinda like are the turtles and the wall sconces next to the bed..just think the color scheme is like putty and old 1950s sanitarium colors...when I think of Hawaii I think of bolder green and floral colors...just maybe the colors are off a hue or two..something along these lines would bring more pop...



Oddly, we stayed at the Contemporary for their last reno (8 years ago) and did not like all the crazy colors but LOVE the new Contemporary rooms..just has a better flow, although no pop of color it seems very soothing, although the red chair is pretty cool
__________________

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:24 PM   #86
Ferrentinos
DIS Veteran
 
Ferrentinos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 888

Can't wait to see it for myself next month!!!
__________________
5/01 - AKL, 4/05 - CBR, 7/06 - POFQ, 12/07 - Pop, 6/12 - DCL Magic NYC, 12/12 - Poly, 7/13 - PolyCL, 1/14 - PolyCL, 5/14 - AKLCL, 7/14 - GF SL, 11/14 - YC/GF , 6/15 - PolyCL, 7/15 - DCL Fantasy, 7/15 - AKL CL

Ferrentinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:14 AM   #87
MyMagicKingdom
Mouseketeer
 
MyMagicKingdom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 409

I love these pictures!! The Poly is such a beautiful resort and I agree with a PP, this makes the rooms seem brighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
I am in the minority, but do not like the rooms at all..the only thing I kinda like are the turtles and the wall sconces next to the bed..just think the color scheme is like putty and old 1950s sanitarium colors...when I think of Hawaii I think of bolder green and floral colors...just maybe the colors are off a hue or two..something along these lines would bring more pop...

Ohhh I want someone to do this to my bedroom!!
__________________
*August 1987 ~ The Polynesian*
*August 1991 ~ The Polynesian*
*July 2006 ~ Offsite*
*June 2009 (Honeymoon!!!) ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)/The Polynesian (Aotearoa)/Disney Wonder*
*August 2010 ~ Pop Century ..... First time celebrating my birthday in WDW and DS' first WDW trip!!!!!!*
*August 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge....My bday (again!) and DS' first trip to WDW!!! *
*January 2013 ~ Caribbean Beach*
*November 2013 ~ Caribbean Beach...surprise trip for the kids!!! First MVMCP!!!! *
MyMagicKingdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:59 PM   #88
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran
 
BringingUpDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Northern California
Posts: 619

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMagicKingdom View Post

Ohhh I want someone to do this to my bedroom!!
I want this to BE my bedroom!!!!
__________________




me miss J my little princess (2)
BringingUpDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:50 PM   #89
dwdeb
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 190

I really like the the look of the new decor.
I liked the last 2 refurbs as well! Light or dark, Disney's Polynesian Resort is quintessential Disney with all it's magic!
Staying LV club level July 12-23.
dwdeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:43 PM   #90
MyMagicKingdom
Mouseketeer
 
MyMagicKingdom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 409

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringingUpDisney View Post
I want this to BE my bedroom!!!!
Haha yes! Well said!
__________________
*August 1987 ~ The Polynesian*
*August 1991 ~ The Polynesian*
*July 2006 ~ Offsite*
*June 2009 (Honeymoon!!!) ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)/The Polynesian (Aotearoa)/Disney Wonder*
*August 2010 ~ Pop Century ..... First time celebrating my birthday in WDW and DS' first WDW trip!!!!!!*
*August 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge....My bday (again!) and DS' first trip to WDW!!! *
*January 2013 ~ Caribbean Beach*
*November 2013 ~ Caribbean Beach...surprise trip for the kids!!! First MVMCP!!!! *
MyMagicKingdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.