Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-16-2013, 01:12 PM   #8
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

I've stayed all three levels including split staying at a deluxe then a mod. I loved the BC and would like to stay there or at AKL or Poly sometime, and I can tolerate the values (not my fav but ASMu is fine and been there twice. Liked it better than AoA), but I think I am going to be a Mod first visitor.

For the best $value, location, amenities that I actually use ratio I am right there at the mod level.

Pro of deluxe for me is location. Con is the price. To get what I would consider a true Deluxe stay I'm looking at 400-500 + a night.

Pro of the Value is the price hands down. Con is the fact that I hate the huge icon decorations, and it is just a hotel stay. No true resort atmosphere for me.

So a mod fits me. For the price I'm paying I get a decent resort type atmosphere, they are more centrally located and in the case of POFQ boat transportation to DTD and a sister resort to go to as well.

I'm not a pool person and I actually have some food issues that make a basic food court on site a better fit for the few meals I eat at the resort. I mostly eat at the parks though I do hit up the deluxe s for TS meals no matter where I stay. Love eating at Epcot the best, so BC was great there.

If I was more into pool lounging or staying club level or would only eat TS meals I might limit myself to Deluxe, but I'd look at the mods if you wanted a nice mix of park commando only need a bed level and I have to have a true resort relaxing vacation.

UPCOMING: 1/15 AllStar Movies WDW

Last edited by bookgirl; 03-16-2013 at 01:17 PM.
bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: