Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2013, 08:41 AM   #796
WVMD

DIS Veteran

Flights all booked! Heading out from Rochester to Paris via Charlotte, home from Barcelona to Rochester via Philadelphia. The flights were a good bit cheaper going outbound via Charlotte, even though we have an extended layover there and no Envoy lounge...

So very excited for it to be May 25th.... (a great birthday to travel!!!)

Virgil

Past Cruises/Trips: Sept. 7, 2012 Canada, 06/12/2010 12 night Inaugural Baltic, 07/11/10 Kristin and Nicks Marriage cruise on the Wonder! 07/18/09 7 Night Eastern (St. Thomas and Tortola),08/01/08 Cities of Knights and Lights (ABD tour) 06/08/08 7 Night Mexican Riviera, 06/16/07 - 11 Night Mediterranean, 12/24/06 - Norwegian Sun (not an NCL fan...), 04/16/06 - Easter 4 day....The First Double Scoop Group 05/27/06, 10 Day Holiday Cruise 12/18/04 , 4 Day Wonder 04/11/04, 1st Cruise 3 day Wonder 09/25/03 Too many WDW visits to post.......
WVMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:55 PM   #797
dhluvsDisney
DIS Veteran

Packing List

Hi! Has anyone posted a Med Cruise packing list. I am thinking this will be a little different from the reg cruise list.

Thanks!
2012 - Jan OKW/DCL Magic/BCV
2011 - Jan SSR/DCL Magic
2010 - May OKW
2010 - Dec/Jan POR/DCL Magic/AKV
2009 - May OKW
2009 - 08/08 Dec/Jan POR/Magic/SSR
2008 - 07/08 Dec/Jan POR/Wonder/BWV Apr/MayOKW
2007 - May OKW / Oct OKW
2006 - Oct CB/OKW/BCV
2005 - May WL/BC / Dec/Jan POFQ/WL
2004 - Aug. AKL/BWV
2003 - Oct. Cor/AKL
2002 - May WL/BC
2000 - Jan/Feb DL/Poly/Contemp
1999 - May BC/Poly
dhluvsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2013, 09:53 PM   #798
heathervincent
Earning My Ears

84 days! Does anyone know how easy it is to get to Pisa/Lucca from La Spezia? I'd really like to do the day on our own but not sure it's feasible.
heathervincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:02 PM   #799
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathervincent View Post
84 days! Does anyone know how easy it is to get to Pisa/Lucca from La Spezia? I'd really like to do the day on our own but not sure it's feasible.
Google Tom's Port Guide...he has pretty specific port guides with photos and maps of train stations, etc.

I think his La Spezia section is sparse, but his actual explanation of getting to Lucca and Pisa is pretty good.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:05 PM   #800
tinker1bell
I'll never grow old
Could only make the Pep Squad
YIPPIE SKIPPIE!

Hi everyone,

I am not going on this cruise but here is a link to the hotel my BFF and I stayed at. A lot of other DISers stayed there too. This was during the Sept 2010 WBTA. Since there was about 300 or so DISers in the whole group, someone even got a bus to take folks from this hotel and another hotel to the port. The hotel was very reasonably priced and clean. we really liked it.

The next link is of the tour we did. We did the tour the morning of the cruise. It was for four hours and I wrote about it in my trip report. Well worth the money.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...Catalonia.html

http://www.barcelonadaytours.com/barcelona-city-tour/

tinker1bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:35 PM   #801
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

So there is a new Pope.

I will be watching Rome to see how busy it will be before I decide what I will do there.

I think that people will be more drawn into Rome this summer now there is a new Pope to see and hope to catch a glimpse of on a Wednesday afternoon.

Med 7 night navigators 2013:
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/kiki...d%20Navigators
Disney mam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:53 PM   #802
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if I can 'prepay' my tips. (Assuming the service is somewhat better then the Dream I tip the standard tip, that's the ONLY time I reduced it and the "head waiter" got stiffed, long story but he deserved exactly what he got! Actually he should have been looking for a new line of work IMHO LOL! I did tip "dumb and dumber" our wait staff the standard amount which was beyond generous!)

Anyway, back on track... I am giving this cruise to my mother. She has "announced" that she is paying for onboard purchases... (AKA as Palo Bruch, drinks at bar etc..) I think I should pay for tips as part of the cruise. But I don't want to have a fight with her on the ship over this so it seems to be the thing to do is call Disney and charge them to my card now....Can I do this?
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:10 PM   #803
valbob89
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
Does anyone know if I can 'prepay' my tips. (Assuming the service is somewhat better then the Dream I tip the standard tip, that's the ONLY time I reduced it and the "head waiter" got stiffed, long story but he deserved exactly what he got! Actually he should have been looking for a new line of work IMHO LOL! I did tip "dumb and dumber" our wait staff the standard amount which was beyond generous!)

Anyway, back on track... I am giving this cruise to my mother. She has "announced" that she is paying for onboard purchases... (AKA as Palo Bruch, drinks at bar etc..) I think I should pay for tips as part of the cruise. But I don't want to have a fight with her on the ship over this so it seems to be the thing to do is call Disney and charge them to my card now....Can I do this?
I have had my TA add money to my account, using my credit card, after it was paid it full. This paid for the anything that was charged to my account while on-board.
valbob89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:32 PM   #804
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by valbob89 View Post
I have had my TA add money to my account, using my credit card, after it was paid it full. This paid for the anything that was charged to my account while on-board.
I don't think that's going to work.. She will see that I need this just to "disappear" LOL

Found this on DCL

"You can choose to pre-pay gratuities for your party up to three days before your vacation begins by contacting Disney Cruise Line; or, for the convenience of our Guests who have not pre-paid, the suggested gratuity amounts will be added to your onboard account, based on the length of your voyage as shown in the table above."

Guess i will just call DCL. Need to pay the transfer from the hotel to the port too.
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:07 PM   #805
EjeG
Nutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMouseHouse View Post
We just took a taxi to the airport, and although I don't remember the exact cost (it was two years ago) it seemed that it was not unreasonable, and that they did not charge per bag, either.

Sorry can't be more help or more exact on pricing.....
I want to say it was around 80 Euros from airport to the first hotel where we had made the booking (which they couldn't honor and sent us in the cab with the race driver of a cab driver to the hotel they made a new reservation for us).. No idea what he got paid but either way to much or far to little.. LOL
EjeG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:20 AM   #806
JustAnnieNotHazel
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter

I don't think that's going to work.. She will see that I need this just to "disappear" LOL

Found this on DCL

"You can choose to pre-pay gratuities for your party up to three days before your vacation begins by contacting Disney Cruise Line; or, for the convenience of our Guests who have not pre-paid, the suggested gratuity amounts will be added to your onboard account, based on the length of your voyage as shown in the table above."

Guess i will just call DCL. Need to pay the transfer from the hotel to the port too.
I think all that means is you can prepay them by adding the money to your onboard account, not sure though as We always do ours at the end.
JustAnnieNotHazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:21 AM   #807
DisneyMouseHouse

Help! I am a DIS Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnnieNotHazel

I think all that means is you can prepay them by adding the money to your onboard account, not sure though as We always do ours at the end.
I've not ever done this, as I believe on tipping at the level of service received. However, on our last cruise several on the FB group had mentioned pre paying on their Disney credit card to earn Disney dollars before their trip in order to have them to spend (via Disney gift card) while on board......so although I may be wrong, I think you can pre pay via credit card prior to your cruise.
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."

Our Travels
DisneyMouseHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:26 AM   #808
DisneyMouseHouse

Help! I am a DIS Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbo
I'm sorry, I totally misunderstood. I thought that DisneyMouseHouse was saying she knew not to call napkins nappies there. And I thought that you were saying that nappies are still napkins. I knew that napkins are napkins . I just completely misread it all
:Rofl:
Yep, exactly....haha.....and I still have to ask about some interpretations.....loved the expression "toerag" that was used on one of the FB groups. I'm filing that one away for future reference......
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."

Our Travels
DisneyMouseHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:52 AM   #809
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMouseHouse View Post
:Rofl:
Yep, exactly....haha.....and I still have to ask about some interpretations.....loved the expression "toerag" that was used on one of the FB groups. I'm filing that one away for future reference......
Ooh, now I'm curious, what's a toerag?
Old 03-16-2013, 03:16 PM   #810
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbo View Post
Ooh, now I'm curious, what's a toerag?

We would call someone a "toe rag" if they were being rotten or cheeky. Like an affectionate way of telling someone off (but is meant in a nice tone).

Well, I hope that is the "toerag" being referred to here?

My friend in Canada had always wondered how the term "Billy No Mates" would be used. When I called another friend "Billy no Mates" because she was not participating with a happy face in a game, my Canadian friend was so excited as she understood when and how it would be used. lol

Med 7 night navigators 2013:
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/kiki...d%20Navigators
Disney mam is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: