Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 09:22 AM   #1426
dramaticmissy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers View Post
So.. I go to upgrade my dining plan to Deluxe.. the CM transfers me because there's a problem.

I get the upgrade and I ask how much would it be to transfer my reservation, as is, to POFQ. The new CM tells me he can't do it because they are using an expired code to give me the Deluxe Dining package. So, I say fine, I'll stay with what I have. (Was only thinking of POFQ cause it's smaller)

I go to online to pay my reservation in full and BLAM.. the hotel reservation is GONE... can not pull it up via my confirmation number or anything.

I call back and tell them it's missing. The CM calls someone and it gets fixed. I leave for lunch. I come back and BLAM! I have 2! hotel reservations now.. one for the original and one with the deluxe dining plan.

I call back and I am told that the system is having issues and I will see 2 reservations until they get it fixed. There is only one in the system for me. I say great.. I'll go pay on line.. The CM tells me that online payments are buggy and don't show up for all reservations. So, I just paid over the phone.. ugh.

But I am ALL PAID AND READY TO GO! Now I just have to wait... I don't like waiting.
ohh where do I get this code??? We are on the regular dining plan right now

June 1976-My first trip!
March 2006 @ POP dd's 2nd birthday
August 2007 @ SSR 11 day trip
November 2008- POP dd's 7th birthday
May 2013 Port of Orleans Riverside- All girls week
Old 03-16-2013, 09:28 AM   #1427
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

I will not be responding to dates here just so I can focus on one thread for the dates. Please go to that thread. Thank you...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2013, 09:34 AM   #1428
McKelly
DIS Veteran

Five days until we arrive at POR. So excited, I can hardly believe it is finally here. We are expecting snow today, can't wait for sunny Florida and the lush green of Riverside.

My only concern is going to be buses. I was playing around with the dates and it appears POR is going to be close to sold out. But with the 7am MK openings, I guess I expected that. To those of you that have recently returned, are the buses currently picking up at the West Depot first, for the parks? I requested building 25 for this reason, to be close to that bus depot. I am hoping I didn't mess up.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:37 AM   #1429
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKelly View Post
Five days until we arrive at POR. So excited, I can hardly believe it is finally here. We are expecting snow today, can't wait for sunny Florida and the lush green of Riverside.

My only concern is going to be buses. I was playing around with the dates and it appears POR is going to be close to sold out. But with the 7am MK openings, I guess I expected that. To those of you that have recently returned, are the buses currently picking up at the West Depot first, for the parks? I requested building 25 for this reason, to be close to that bus depot. I am hoping I didn't mess up.
We were getting empty buses at 6:30 at the south depot. It is my opinion the best depot is South.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:43 AM   #1430
CDolacki2003
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch
I will not be responding to dates here just so I can focus on one thread for the dates. Please go to that thread. Thank you...
Thanks I posted here before unread through the entire thread. I already went to the other site. Again thanks for doing this and thanks to the posters that suggested it.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Oct 2014- 1 day in EPCOT
Dec 2016- planning CSR (if all goes well)
Old 03-16-2013, 09:45 AM   #1431
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDolacki2003 View Post
Thanks I posted here before unread through the entire thread. I already went to the other site. Again thanks for doing this and thanks to the posters that suggested it.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Its cool I added ya.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:39 AM   #1432
lillykat
DIS Veteran

One thing the girls loved at the poly was the lobby channel, the one that had the sing-a-longs, mickey cartoons, etc. They would sing along while getting ready to head to the parks. I remember it wasn't a programmed channel but you could get it at the poly if you entered the right number.

Do they still have this channel? How do you get it at POR if it still exists?
May 2013 POR Princess Trip! May 2010 POLY DD#2's 1st birthdaySept 2008 POLY - DD#1's 1st tripApril 2004 - AKL honeymoonJanuary 2002 at AKL
Old 03-16-2013, 11:38 AM   #1433
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillykat View Post
One thing the girls loved at the poly was the lobby channel, the one that had the sing-a-longs, mickey cartoons, etc. They would sing along while getting ready to head to the parks. I remember it wasn't a programmed channel but you could get it at the poly if you entered the right number.

Do they still have this channel? How do you get it at POR if it still exists?
They have a mixture of Hawaiian songs along with Songs from Lilo and Stitch as well as other Disney Movies. Is that what you were referring to?
Old 03-16-2013, 11:58 AM   #1434
lovin diz
DIS Veteran

Alligator Bayou standard room ??

We will be going Nov 7th - 12th. 1st time staying in a moderate, and so excited. We need a 5 person room, and dont want to pay xtra, so we just want a standard view. I have read many sites that say "MOST" standard rooms in AB face the parking lot. Anyone know of any standard room numbers that dont face the parking lot? Or if not, is there a particular room that you would suggest?
Old 03-16-2013, 12:11 PM   #1435
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin diz View Post
We will be going Nov 7th - 12th. 1st time staying in a moderate, and so excited. We need a 5 person room, and dont want to pay xtra, so we just want a standard view. I have read many sites that say "MOST" standard rooms in AB face the parking lot. Anyone know of any standard room numbers that dont face the parking lot? Or if not, is there a particular room that you would suggest?
If you go to portorleans.org, there are maps of the resorts where you can click on a building and see what room category each room is. However, if you request a particular room number and it's not available, they're not going to know why you wanted that room and therefore aren't going to know what a suitable substitute might be. Better to just ask for a non-parking lot view (if in fact there are any standard view rooms that don't overlook a parking lot.)
Old 03-16-2013, 12:49 PM   #1436
lillykat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
They have a mixture of Hawaiian songs along with Songs from Lilo and Stitch as well as other Disney Movies. Is that what you were referring to?
It was a bunch of kids stuff on a loop that they showed in the lobby. Sing along like, hi ho, hi ho, supercalifragilstic...., cartoons shorts like pluto and mickey on vacation and pluto finds an armadillo, stuff like that, donald, have a laugh stuff. Always the same like hour or so of stuff on a continuous loop with no commercials. I'm sure the content has changed over the years...last time we were there was the same week we are going this year but back in 2010. It wasn't in the regular line up. I remember you have to punch in a number but I think it changed dependant on the resort. I thought some had it others didn't. If they have it I would love to put it on...very cute and great for my almost 4 and 6 year olds while getting dressed.
May 2013 POR Princess Trip! May 2010 POLY DD#2's 1st birthdaySept 2008 POLY - DD#1's 1st tripApril 2004 - AKL honeymoonJanuary 2002 at AKL
Old 03-16-2013, 01:40 PM   #1437
amybaud
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillykat

It was a bunch of kids stuff on a loop that they showed in the lobby. Sing along like, hi ho, hi ho, supercalifragilstic...., cartoons shorts like pluto and mickey on vacation and pluto finds an armadillo, stuff like that, donald, have a laugh stuff. Always the same like hour or so of stuff on a continuous loop with no commercials. I'm sure the content has changed over the years...last time we were there was the same week we are going this year but back in 2010. It wasn't in the regular line up. I remember you have to punch in a number but I think it changed dependant on the resort. I thought some had it others didn't. If they have it I would love to put it on...very cute and great for my almost 4 and 6 year olds while getting dressed.
My son loved this, too. When we were at AKL. It was on in the lobby and Mara. Could never find it in the room though, but I just tried the regular programming. Would be great if it is really on in the rooms.

Me DH DS7

7/96 - CBR, 8/97 - off-site, 9/10 - AKL, 5/13 - POR
Old 03-16-2013, 04:39 PM   #1438
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

Finally finished short trip report with a few photos

Well, I hate to admit it but I haven't had time to read the last 90 pages of this thread! We came home to far too many things to do here after enjoying 12 days in FL.

Here is the link to the trip report I've posted. It just covers the basics, great and less than great. Our room (9730) in Parterre was perfectly located and suited us very well. Thanks David Elg!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3079747
Old 03-16-2013, 04:48 PM   #1439
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Z View Post
Well, I hate to admit it but I haven't had time to read the last 90 pages of this thread! We came home to far too many things to do here after enjoying 12 days in FL.

Here is the link to the trip report I've posted. It just covers the basics, great and less than great. Our room (9730) in Parterre was perfectly located and suited us very well. Thanks David Elg!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3079747
Very nice report. Speaking of TRs I finally got day 3 up on mine. Working on day 4 tonight.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:15 PM   #1440
alex9179
DIS Veteran

Good evening!

My mom and I are requesting the Magnolia Bend area for our upcoming trip. We'll have a GV room and I requested first floor because Mom would like to walk right out into the garden/courtyard areas. I can't tell how the walkways are set up in the pictures, but it looks like they are pretty heavily planted. Are there rooms that allow easy access to the courtyard or "garden" areas? Do you have to follow the walkways around to the front entrance to access them?

Just trying to figure out how to phrase the request.

She'll be 67 and her knee has been bothering her a bit, so I'd like to keep distances to food and transport fairly reasonable, too. I'm wondering if the two requests will cancel each other out!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: