Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2013, 09:57 AM   #76
BWVPam
Loves being at WDW!

do the disney gift cards ever expire? thinking of trying to start stockpiling some of them but depending on government shutdown, if we cancel our trip for next may would the cards still work say in 2 years?

BWVPam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:35 PM   #77
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWVPam View Post
do the disney gift cards ever expire? thinking of trying to start stockpiling some of them but depending on government shutdown, if we cancel our trip for next may would the cards still work say in 2 years?
No, they do not expire but I don't know if I would want to tie up extra funds in GCs. I like to keep my cash accessible, especially if I have concerns about my income in the near future.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2013, 06:23 PM   #78
BWVPam
Loves being at WDW!

we have plans to cruise. if furloughs go through we would scale back and just go to wdw since we have dvc and wouldnt pay for lodging

Old 03-16-2013, 06:30 PM   #79
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionnette View Post
No, they do not expire but I don't know if I would want to tie up extra funds in GCs. I like to keep my cash accessible, especially if I have concerns about my income in the near future.
This is a great point and something I gave some serious thought to.
You can definately save some $$ by buying the gift cards - but just keep in mind that once you buy them - Disney now owns that money. No turning back!
We will take advantage of the discount for a portion of our trip payments - but I don't want to tie up thousands in Gift Cards *just in case*.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:56 PM   #80
BWVPam
Loves being at WDW!

i would never tie up that much money but it would be nice to have a few hundred in spending money and have some savings on top of that

Old 03-17-2013, 10:18 PM   #81
msd1776
Mouseketeer

I bought 40 gifts cards and was planning on buying annual passes online. I assume this wont be a problem. Does anyone have experience using multiple cards online?
msd1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:31 AM   #82
WMorganS
Flapping My Ears

Can you buy DVC contracts direct from Disney using $50 Disney gift cards?

(Please - no follow ups about direct vs resale)
WMorganS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:40 AM   #83
cab0ad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by msd1776 View Post
I bought 40 gifts cards and was planning on buying annual passes online. I assume this wont be a problem. Does anyone have experience using multiple cards online?
I paid an entire $2000 trip off a week ago using all $50 gift cards online. I was a bit worried when I bought them and I was having nightmares about having to call the reservation line and telling them I wanted to use all of those things if it didn't work! I am happy to say that I had no problems whatsoever online. I entered my huge pile of gift cards within about a half hour. it was fast and easy. No problems whatsoever! Well worth the $100 I saved by buying all the gift cards at target! That $100 saved will be paying for my DD's BBB trip!

cab0ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:41 AM   #84
andee515
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I was unable to, but let us know if you find out away to do it! They told me just to buy them at guest relations, where I can use all the gift cards I want...I don't mind doing that, except for the fact I have that small fear in the back of my head what if I get there and they don't take them...EEEEK!
I like to have everything done and paid for prior to vacation, so we have no worries, but I guess I'll just be leaving on the edge

[/url].com/ticker/][/url]
andee515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:16 PM   #85
princessmomma92
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I wasn't able to use multiple gift cards for my annual pass. I had to use my debit card and pay 100% without the 5% Target discount on GC.
princessmomma92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:06 AM   #86
msd1776
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andee515 View Post

I was unable to, but let us know if you find out away to do it! They told me just to buy them at guest relations, where I can use all the gift cards I want...I don't mind doing that, except for the fact I have that small fear in the back of my head what if I get there and they don't take them...EEEEK!
I like to have everything done and paid for prior to vacation, so we have no worries, but I guess I'll just be leaving on the edge
I talked DVC MS today and they told me they only accept 2 forms of payt. So....even though I wanted those babies redeemed and annual passes purchased before my trip, I will have to get my passes when I get there. Luckily I will be there in May and hopefully beat any price increases. Wish Target would sell cards that I could select the amount on instead of 50 dollars. Oh we'll, less learned.
msd1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:47 PM   #87
mamaloya
Blows hard and hot and boils us
I am easily entertained

I really wish that I had read this 6 months ago. My trip is in 61 days, if I don't have to cancel. Now to figure out how to get this done in one big trip.
mamaloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:19 PM   #88
pompito
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab0ad View Post
I paid an entire $2000 trip off a week ago using all $50 gift cards online. I was a bit worried when I bought them and I was having nightmares about having to call the reservation line and telling them I wanted to use all of those things if it didn't work! I am happy to say that I had no problems whatsoever online. I entered my huge pile of gift cards within about a half hour. it was fast and easy. No problems whatsoever! Well worth the $100 I saved by buying all the gift cards at target! That $100 saved will be paying for my DD's BBB trip!
Can you tell me how you paid online? I gave my $200 deposit a few days ago and now want to pay my vacation off in full. I've spend hours trying to pay the remaining balance online but I can't seem to find a place to do this on their site. Please help.
pompito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:27 PM   #89
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pompito View Post
Can you tell me how you paid online? I gave my $200 deposit a few days ago and now want to pay my vacation off in full. I've spend hours trying to pay the remaining balance online but I can't seem to find a place to do this on their site. Please help.
I was abe to make payments online despite the new website. First make sure that you're logged out of the site so that you can start anew. Once that's done, log in again. Do not use the My Disney Experience link to view your reservations. After you've logged in, scroll down all the way to the bottom until you see Order Customized Maps on the right hand side. Click that. On the next page, you'll see Hello (insert name here) near the top left side of the page. Next to the Hello, you'll see My Reservations. Click that and your reservation should appear on the next page. Underneath your resort choice, you'll see View Details in blue. Click on the link. On the next page, you'll be able to make payments online. It's a semi-pain in the rear end but it takes you to the old site.

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:08 PM   #90
carissa1970
DIS Veteran

That process sounds crazy. I have not enjoyed the My Disney Experience app much at all. It won't let me do anything.

carissa1970 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: