Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2013, 09:20 AM   #406
mikeandmela
Earning My Ears

mikeandmela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:21 AM   #407
mikeandmela
Earning My Ears

Count
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2013, 09:23 AM   #408
mikeandmela
Earning My Ears

One
Old 03-16-2013, 09:23 AM   #409
mikeandmela
Earning My Ears

Word
Old 03-16-2013, 09:28 AM   #410
mikeandmela
Earning My Ears

At a time until I reach the magic 10 so that I can now have more forum privileges. Thanks everyone for your patience!
Old 03-16-2013, 09:43 AM   #411
mikeandmela
Earning My Ears

Thanks Figment Fan, looking forward to meeting y'all.
I'm having trouble updating our profile using an iPhone, is there a trick to it or do I need even more one word posts to enable control panel?
Old 03-16-2013, 02:41 PM   #412
Melcatfish
In full planning mode!
Just one more victim of a drive-by tag attack

Am going to sort out our final payment on Monday I think - I had been holding off just in case an IGT \ OGT \ VGT came out but they didn't for the cruise before us which is now past its PIF date and I am actually quite looking forward to trying out a sideways inside - this cruise was plenty high on the prices compared to others we have done so we ended up going with the cheapest cabin we could!

Mel
x
Melcatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:24 PM   #413
Celestine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melcatfish View Post
Am going to sort out our final payment on Monday I think - I had been holding off just in case an IGT \ OGT \ VGT came out but they didn't for the cruise before us which is now past its PIF date and I am actually quite looking forward to trying out a sideways inside - this cruise was plenty high on the prices compared to others we have done so we ended up going with the cheapest cabin we could!

Mel
x
We love a sideways inside. Although no more square footage it feels bigger because of the different layout. This is our 4th cruise in a sideways. They also tend to be quiet as no-one needs to be there unless their cabin is there. Agree on pricing, but as availability is limited, suggests it is still sustainable although I guess we'll see once PIF has been & gone whether anything opens up

Celestine

DVC Member since November 2007
Previous: 6 x Disney cruise inc EB PC repo'08, Baltics '10 & Venice Med '13
DL - 2008 & 2012
WDW - lucky enough to be losing count!
Celestine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:01 AM   #414
Bunless
Mouseketeer

Have I missed anyone talking about Valletta?

DH and I were getting very excited about going to the megalithic temples, before reading that they were closed on Sundays. Really have no idea what to do now and starting to wonder if everything will be closed unless we take a tour.

December '06 Disneyland http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=93883
Fall '07 Disneyland http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1617056
February '08 Wilderness Lodge http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=93883
January '09 Disneyland http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2075224
February/March '09 Grand Californian http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2134228
October 2009 Grand Californian, January 2010 Eastern Caribbean/Vero Beach, February 2011 Old Key West, October 2011 Food and Wine/Old Key West, February 2012 Aulani, July 2012 Alaska Cruise,
December 2012 Saratoga Springs, February 2013, Saratoga Springs, July 2013 Mediterranean Cruise
Bunless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:05 AM   #415
Figment_Fan
DIS Veteran

PIF

Okay, the cruise is PIF, the credit card - not so much. I can really do the happy dance when those are paid off.

Mike, nice way to count up to the needed posts.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:17 PM   #416
Celestine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunless View Post
Have I missed anyone talking about Valletta?

DH and I were getting very excited about going to the megalithic temples, before reading that they were closed on Sundays. Really have no idea what to do now and starting to wonder if everything will be closed unless we take a tour.
Well, current thinking is HoHo and the Blue Grotto. The first definitely goes on a Sunday (although shorter hours), and I think the grotto is open but the site is not clear either way. My girls aren't into dead rocks or churches, but the boat trip swings the grotto, so this is a bit of a compromise agenda. Haven't got that far with detailed planning yet as it is late into the cruise - I'm still finalising Barcelona, lol!

Celestine

DVC Member since November 2007
Previous: 6 x Disney cruise inc EB PC repo'08, Baltics '10 & Venice Med '13
DL - 2008 & 2012
WDW - lucky enough to be losing count!
Celestine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:46 PM   #417
Poppins2000
DIS Veteran

DH and I are booked on this cruise - yay! This will be our 9th DCL Cruise. Paid off the cruise and purchased out plane tickets over the weekend so we are set to go!

We are arriving on the 22nd, we are going to do the 3 night pre-cruise ABD as neither of us has been to Spain before. Usually I say I've never been to Spain and DH replies with "but I kinda like the music." Those of you in your late 40's or older should get that pun, haha!

I haven't been to Italy since 1987...I use to live in Sardinia (thank you USN!) but DH has never been. I can't wait! Are we there yet?

Becky
2012: AKL-Dream to Bahamas-BLT, BWV, OKW, VBR, OKW, VBR, Dine/Dash @ SSR, Turkey Day at Vero Beach
2011: BCV-Wonder Panama Repo, SSR x 2, AKL, CSR 2010: Wonder Double Dip, CSR-Birthday Trip, YC, AKL, BC, SSR 2009: Magic to Tortola, VWL, POR, POLY, BW, 2008: Magic Eastern Caribbean, ABD Emerald Isle, WL, SSR 2007: Joined DVC 06/07, POR, DWNTWN DIS, GF, SSR 2006: Moved to FL -Yippee! POP, Westgate, POR, Christmas at AKL 2005: Magic Western Caribbean, 2004: Wonder to Bahamas, 2003: DWNTWN DIS 2002: CBR, 2001: Honeymoon @ WL 1977-1998: HS Trips, Solo and Girlie Vacations August 4, 1976: 1st of many trips to WDW!

Poppins2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:02 PM   #418
thestewarts
Seasoned WDW Vets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppins2000 View Post
DH and I are booked on this cruise - yay! This will be our 9th DCL Cruise. Paid off the cruise and purchased out plane tickets over the weekend so we are set to go!

We are arriving on the 22nd, we are going to do the 3 night pre-cruise ABD as neither of us has been to Spain before. Usually I say I've never been to Spain and DH replies with "but I kinda like the music." Those of you in your late 40's or older should get that pun, haha!

I haven't been to Italy since 1987...I use to live in Sardinia (thank you USN!) but DH has never been. I can't wait! Are we there yet?

Becky
Welcome to the forum, Becky. Looking forward to meeting you all in July,
Fiona
thestewarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:10 PM   #419
thestewarts
Seasoned WDW Vets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie3 View Post
Okay, I've gone through everything!

Thank you for all of the welcomes!

I have not done ANYTHING booking or otherwise for this cruise yet. I've been working on our spring break trip and hope to finish those plans soon so I can move on!!!

Anyway...on to FE!!!!

For those who don't know what FE is I offer you this:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...81&postcount=2

So...I think the easiest way for me to do this is to have you PM me the following information if you want to join in:

Board Name
First name of family members
Ages of children
Whether the child is a DS or a DD
Cabin Number (if you have it)

By PMing me, I will have all of the info in one place.

My plan is to create a spread sheet once the first wave of information comes in and then possibly attach a link to the front where the roll call is being kept! The spread sheet will be in order of room numbers (by floor) rather than alphabetical order. I think this helps when delivering FE!! If you don't have your room number yet.....NO WORRIES!!!

For now, let's see what we get and then we will go from there.

I always like to stress this one thing. DO NOT feel pressured to spend a lot of money, time or space. Even the simplest things such as Hershey Kisses give people joy. I know my kids love coming back to the room and just having something in their FE.

I don't think I missed anything. I will keep in touch!!

Yipeeeee!
Hi there, I hope you got our message about joining the FE. If not, please let us know. As we are new to the FE thing we aren't too sure how many will be in the group or if it is split and how it is split. I'd be grateful for a wee bit of advice. And when do you issue the info to the participants? So that we can organise the gifts in time?
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Thanks
Fiona
thestewarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:12 PM   #420
Kellycanada
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestewarts View Post
Hi there, I hope you got our message about joining the FE. If not, please let us know. As we are new to the FE thing we aren't too sure how many will be in the group or if it is split and how it is split. I'd be grateful for a wee bit of advice. And when do you issue the info to the participants? So that we can organise the gifts in time?
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Thanks
Fiona
Hi. My husband is a little apprehensive as we will have limited space in our bags. Do we do this for every night of the cruise? Is the gift per person or per cabin? Thanks. Kelly.
Kellycanada is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: