Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which Split Stay Would You Pick?!?
Boardwalk Inn/AKL 12 41.38%
Wilderness Lodge/AKL 7 24.14%
Port Orleans French Quarter/AKL 3 10.34%
Coronado Springs/AKL 1 3.45%
AKL for entire stay 6 20.69%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-16-2013, 08:56 AM   #16
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneprincessjo

We started out at Old Key West and that was where our trouble lied, it was only for one night and not worth it because our room wasn't ready till 6pm... Or at least it wasn't till then that we got our room because they texted our house phone rather than our cell phones, we went to Olivia's for breakfast that morning and by the time we got back they were already cleaning out our room. We were hoping to stay until the 11am checkout before moving onto Bay Lakes for the rest of the week. We were traveling with my 15 month old daughter, so it made that first night that much more stressful since we really didn't have a place to get her out of the sun or for naps and were kicked out before checkout. Fortunately Bay Lake Tower heard our cries about the previous night and got us set up immediately, I was never so relieved in my life. If we ever do a split stay again it would have to definitely be more than one night, but I doubt we will. Also we drive from Pennsylvania and always stop in Georgia for the night before we finish our trip so we essentially unpacked 3 days in a row. When we do the I over night stay we only grab an overnight bag and leave the rest of our luggage, but traveling with a baby there is just so much you have to bring in with you for just one night.
Thanks for the input! I can see how that would be stressful! I don't think I'd do it for a trip less than a week. We will be going ten days so I thought it would work out. And my kids are old enough to pack for themselves so that makes it easier too!

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:10 AM   #17
gabzee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clapton View Post
I would nix AKL think its too far from everything although I think the resort is beautiful. I would go with WL/BC instead of BW? Just like BC better than BW.
We have stayed at AKL and do love the resort. Staying at that resort is the one thing that my dad requested so it is pretty much a must do. I wanted to stay at BC or YC but they are completely booked for our dates. Next time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceycat View Post
did wl/akl - they are just further apart.

assuming you are mostly doing parks?

now if you are planning on during alot of DD - then pofq/akl
We will be doing mostly parks but will do some other activities when it is just my mom and I. The only reason I was hesitant about WL/AKL was because they seem somewhat similar to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliceacc View Post
Before I vote, I have a question:

What is it about those particular resorts that landed them on your poll?

Tell us about the members of your family and their preferences, and that will help people give you educated information.

Though, honestly, if you're going in a month and 3 days, you may have to check availability.
AKL is there since that is the one request that my dad made for the trip so it is a must. The rest of the resorts are options based solely on availability. While there is still limited availability this isn't for the trip in 1 month and 3 days.

It will be me (20), DMom, DDad, and DB (13). We typically stay at deluxe when we do family vacations but since this is a longer trip we may be changing that up. We tend to have breakfast and some dinners at the various deluxe resorts so transportation options is nice. We tend to stay in the parks for the majority of the day and our "breaks" are our TS meals. When it is just my mom and I we will try to take some actual breaks/ do other activities. I hoped that helped somewhat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
I choose the BWI/AKL split because it will give you a vacation with the least amount of bus rides. The Epcot resort area is a great place to stay. It is really nice to be able to walk to Epcot and spend hours in the World Showcase.

The WL and AKL are designed by the same architect. I love the WL and I've heard that the AKL is gorgeous, too. But I would assume you would save your time at MK for when your 13 year old brother joins the family. So that is why I voted for the first half being at BWI.
We will probably go to MK even without my brother. My concern with WL was that it would be too similar to AKL but at this point I'm not sure.

gabzee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: