Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2013, 01:24 AM   #1
tgreen11
Earning My Ears

Cinderella Royal Table - Worth the $?

While managing my ADR's for my trip to WDW next week, I noticed that someone had canceled their dinner reservation at CRT which I then booked on a whim of excitement for the hard to get table. After booking it however, I've begun to second guess the decision and if it's really worth the hefty cost ($140 for 2). Any input would be greatly appreciated!
tgreen11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:32 AM   #2
DisneyFamily7
Disney Fanatic

As you know, reservations there are very hard to come by. We ate there on only one of our trips. It is one of the most special and memorable of all of the characters meals we have been to. If you have the reservation, I would recommend keeping it. There is something very magical about being inside Cinderella's castle.
[COLOR="Red"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Disneyland 1987, Disneyland 1995, WDW 1996, WDW 1997 (All Star Music),Disneyland 1997 (Disneyland Hotel),WDW 1999 (All Star Movies), WDW 2001 (Port Orleans Riverside), WDW 2003 (Fort Wilderness), Disney Cruise 2005 (Disney Magic)/WDW 2005 (All Star Sports), Disneyland 2007 (Disneyland Hotel),WDW 2013 (Pop) Next trip: June 2014 Disneyland
DisneyFamily7 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2013, 01:32 AM   #3
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgreen11
While managing my ADR's for my trip to WDW next week, I noticed that someone had canceled their dinner reservation at CRT which I then booked on a whim of excitement for the hard to get table. After booking it however, I've begun to second guess the decision and if it's really worth the hefty cost ($140 for 2). Any input would be greatly appreciated!
It really depends on what you expect and why you are at CRT.

If your main focus is on the food, then, no, I do not think CRT is worth the cost. Then food is okay, but nothing exceptional. That's not to say it's bad, but it's not worth the cost.

If your focus is on the atmosphere, then it's worth it to me. Eating in the castle is a really good experience. There is something very magical about it.

If your focus is in characters, then it's a good place to see the princesses, but Akershus (or at Epcot) is less expensive and you see fairly similar princesses.

So overall, if you've never eaten in the castle and want to have that experience, then I think it's worth the cost. If your going for the food, then it's not really worth it.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:14 AM   #4
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

As previous posters have said, for the food CRT is not worth the cost. However for the experience of dining with the Princesses in the castle, it is worth it. However, this is very subjective for every family.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:40 AM   #5
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

The experience is worth it for my family. The food is decent, but definitely not what we'd normally get for that price at home.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:57 AM   #6
TaylorsDad
DIS Veteran

That is very subjective. My personal opinion is for the food alone No, but honestly how many of places at Disney are truly worth the price just for the quality of the food? I usually walk away from most WDW TS meals thinking I wish they had an Applebees or Longhorn here. That being said, we have been to CRT 4 times in 7 trips(other 3 times couldnt find a table for dates wanted) and enjoy our time there because it really is a nice overall dining experience and something magical to know you are eating inside the castle. If you can afford it give it a try at least once.
TaylorsDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:58 AM   #7
atomicgirl
Mouseketeer

as PPs said....amazing atmosphere, okay food. depends on what you are hoping to get out of the experience. we took our kids there as a christmas present when they were about 2 & 4 YO, and their delight made it a fantastic experience.

"Faint heart never won fair lady."
atomicgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:03 AM   #8
rainynight
Mouseketeer

For food...no. the atmosphere is nice however. Its probably nothing I would do more than once though.
rainynight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:36 AM   #9
JennyDrake
Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainynight View Post
For food...no. the atmosphere is nice however. Its probably nothing I would do more than once though.
Same here--but I don't have children.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:01 AM   #10
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgreen11 View Post
If you aren't going with kids, I wouldn't bother.
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:02 AM   #11
networktek
it all started with a mouse

We dint have kids and have gone there the atmosphere is really nice lunch or dinner food was ok breakfast not the greatest but you should at least try it once

networktek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:40 AM   #12
mb_uh
DIS Veteran

Our kids love it. I would go to a sig for 2 adults unless you are proposing or it is a special dream.
mb_uh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:56 AM   #13
jmcghee2024
DIS Veteran

I would keep it. Very special dining in the castle regardless of the food, which isn't bad at all.
jmcghee2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:04 AM   #14
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine View Post
If you aren't going with kids, I wouldn't bother.
I disagree.

For every trip that DH and I have gone on together, we go to CRT. We are usually celebrating our anniversary, but two years ago, it was my birthday. We always have a wonderful time and we've gotten to see two other couples get engaged there. I have since told my DH that he screwed up.

As a 38 year old woman, it was always my dream to be able to be inside the castle. My family could only afford for us to go twice--once, when it was just me and another time when my brother was old enough to go. Before I went with a school group as a chaperone in '08, my last trip there had been 1987! So many things had changed! I say, go! Enjoy it!!!!! With it just being the two of you, you might get one of the two top tables near the window to look out on Fantasyland.

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:19 PM   #15
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliebug1997

I disagree.

For every trip that DH and I have gone on together, we go to CRT. We are usually celebrating our anniversary, but two years ago, it was my birthday. We always have a wonderful time and we've gotten to see two other couples get engaged there. I have since told my DH that he screwed up.

As a 38 year old woman, it was always my dream to be able to be inside the castle. My family could only afford for us to go twice--once, when it was just me and another time when my brother was old enough to go. Before I went with a school group as a chaperone in '08, my last trip there had been 1987! So many things had changed! I say, go! Enjoy it!!!!! With it just being the two of you, you might get one of the two top tables near the window to look out on Fantasyland.
We feel the same way! We are a party of two adults and we got an amazing two top with a view for DH's birthday dinner. Lovely table. Unfortunately for us the food was absolutely mediocre at best and upset my tummy actually. Not fun! The characters were great though and service was decent. We are looking forward to trying it for breakfast one day as we will soon be a party of 3 with our own little princess :-)

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: