Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 02:27 PM   #2881
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
You're so nice WDWKOOK. Things like this make us love you all the more!
Oh, my, you are too kind, Sandi and you've made my day (and weekend) - thank you

I have to tell you that every time I see your ticker I smile and think to myself that in 3 years I will have the same ticker (hopefully). I've always imagined DD's graduation celebration at WDW and wondered where she would choose to stay and what special things she liked to do. But, she's rather indecisive like her mom so that could be a problem.

If it's not private, did DD offer input or is the trip a surprise? Did she choose the resort, cake, etc...? Did I already ask you all these questions or was I just thinking about them?
Old 03-15-2013, 03:01 PM   #2882
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Your ticker isn't posting so I fixed it for you. You just need to delete what you have in your signature and instead post this:
Thank you so much! This really is an amazing board!

me miss J my little princess (2)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2013, 03:03 PM   #2883
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
First week of December you'll definitely see full decorations. We usually go the week before Thanksgiving, and everything is going up right about when we're checking out.
Yay! My two favorite things: WDW and Christmas. All with my daughter who will hopefully be out of the terrible twos. What fun we will have.

Old 03-15-2013, 04:09 PM   #2884
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Oh, my, you are too kind, Sandi and you've made my day (and weekend) - thank you

I have to tell you that every time I see your ticker I smile and think to myself that in 3 years I will have the same ticker (hopefully). I've always imagined DD's graduation celebration at WDW and wondered where she would choose to stay and what special things she liked to do. But, she's rather indecisive like her mom so that could be a problem.

If it's not private, did DD offer input or is the trip a surprise? Did she choose the resort, cake, etc...? Did I already ask you all these questions or was I just thinking about them?
Not too private at all. This trip is not a surprise. She and I go together once a year and we've been doing that since she was about 4. She told me that planning our trips is half the fun, so never, ever spring one on her. DH is not a Disney guy although he went with me last week. I'm the real Disney geek of the family, but DD is a good enabler. I had a good BB offer at BWI and BW is DD's favorite resort, so I booked BWI. She and I have stayed at BWV two times, but I thought she would like the bit more luxurious BWI for a celebration trip.

We haven't made any ADR's yet. We just haven't had a chance to talk about things. She has been really busy with school, college decisions, etc. I tried to talk with her about dining options the other night and she said, "Mom, I'd love to discuss this with you, but I'm tired and I just want to watch Duck Dynasty." That made me laugh. I'm going to let her choose three TS dinners and I'll arrange for some sort of special mention at one of them. She isn't a cake person and would rather have a scrumptious creme brulee or similar dessert, so I don't think we'll be going the cake route.

I know we'll have a fun trip. It will be bitter-sweet for me though. She is my only child and is just a lovely young lady.

Old 03-15-2013, 04:33 PM   #2885
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Not too private at all. This trip is not a surprise. She and I go together once a year and we've been doing that since she was about 4. She told me that planning our trips is half the fun, so never, ever spring one on her. DH is not a Disney guy although he went with me last week. I'm the real Disney geek of the family, but DD is a good enabler. I had a good BB offer at BWI and BW is DD's favorite resort, so I booked BWI. She and I have stayed at BWV two times, but I thought she would like the bit more luxurious BWI for a celebration trip.

We haven't made any ADR's yet. We just haven't had a chance to talk about things. She has been really busy with school, college decisions, etc. I tried to talk with her about dining options the other night and she said, "Mom, I'd love to discuss this with you, but I'm tired and I just want to watch Duck Dynasty." That made me laugh. I'm going to let her choose three TS dinners and I'll arrange for some sort of special mention at one of them. She isn't a cake person and would rather have a scrumptious creme brulee or similar dessert, so I don't think we'll be going the cake route.

I know we'll have a fun trip. It will be bitter-sweet for me though. She is my only child and is just a lovely young lady.
My DD will be 32 this year and we still do at least one special trip every year! Daughters are the best! And as far as desserts go all I can say is .... maple creme brulee!!!
Old 03-15-2013, 07:05 PM   #2886
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma

My DD will be 32 this year and we still do at least one special trip every year! Daughters are the best! And as far as desserts go all I can say is .... maple creme brulee!!!
You are so right on all counts!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Old 03-16-2013, 08:43 AM   #2887
momof4minnies
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Mouth totally watering... where can I get me some of that brulee?!?!?!

1971 WDW opening year
several visits to DL as a wee one
Oct 1998 Poly
Jun 2000 CBR
Aug 2001 CR
Jul 2003 CR
June 2004 GF CL
Jun 2005 CR CL
Jul 2007 GF CL
Nov 2008 WL CL
Jun 2009 DL Hyatt
Nov 2011 WL CL - DD Sweet 16

NEXT TRIP JUN 2013 BW CL - 2nd DDs SWEET 16
Old 03-16-2013, 10:02 AM   #2888
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

Just switched our reservation from GF to BWI water view. I'm so excited because this is our favorite resort and we haven't been here since 2009. Wanted the kids to stay at GF at least once but I kept thinking about BW.

Can't wait!!
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-SL and BWI--Feb'15 Sports

Old 03-16-2013, 11:26 AM   #2889
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4minnies View Post
Mouth totally watering... where can I get me some of that brulee?!?!?!
yum!!! Sounds like Le Cellier.

Old 03-16-2013, 01:27 PM   #2890
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk96 View Post
Just switched our reservation from GF to BWI water view. I'm so excited because this is our favorite resort and we haven't been here since 2009. Wanted the kids to stay at GF at least once but I kept thinking about BW.

Can't wait!!
Sounds great! I'm a big GF fan, but I love the BW water view. There is something so tranquil about Crescent Lake, especially in the early mornings, that just can't be beat. I'm sure you'll enjoy, and maybe the GF would be better for a future trip once all the construction is done.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 03-17-2013, 08:19 AM   #2891
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

From DIS Updates:

Disney to enforce age restrictions for unaccompanied minors

Leah Zanolla | Posted: Mar 16, 2013 | Updated: Mar 16, 2013 - 10:28:32 PM

The U.S. Disney theme parks are putting a new age restriction into place. Beginning March 23, children under the age of 14 will not be able to enter the parks unless someone aged 14 or older accompanies them. There was previously no documented age policy, but no specific incident prompted the change. Suzi Brown, Disneyland spokeswoman said, "We regularly review all of our policies, and we identified an opportunity to provide a consistent age of admission and address a question we occasionally get from parents. The question is just if we have a minimum age."

The age of 14 was chosen after guest surveys were taken, as well as surveys from child welfare organizations. Brown said, "If a cast member who is working at the front gates sees a guest who appears to be younger than 14 without someone who appears to be older than that, they will engage in a conversation with the guest." As guests of that age don't normally have ID, the cast member will decide if the parent or guardian needs to come accompany the child into the park.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:30 AM   #2892
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Sounds great! I'm a big GF fan, but I love the BW water view. There is something so tranquil about Crescent Lake, especially in the early mornings, that just can't be beat. I'm sure you'll enjoy, and maybe the GF would be better for a future trip once all the construction is done.
Yes the construction was on our minds a lot.
Now we are staying CL and I put in a request for BW view.
I think I'm done changing things now.

I'm happy!
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-SL and BWI--Feb'15 Sports

Old 03-19-2013, 09:27 AM   #2893
dunangst
Mouseketeer

Is the bar open at the Luna Park pool? Where can I get sandwiches/salads to go to munch poolside while Boardwalk Bakery is closed? I arrive on March 30th. Thanks!
Old 03-19-2013, 09:44 AM   #2894
mademluc
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Our trip is a graduation gift to our eldest daughter as well. Disney was her choice and the BWI was the sentimental favorite as we celebrated her 8th grade graduation there. We're splitting the stay with YC this time but saving the best? for last. The only thing I'm desperate to get for her is the graduation ears. I've been told they come out later in the spring but I'm petrified I'll miss the window to get them.
We're just so proud of her, she was accepted to her "reach" school and we want to have a lovely celebration in honor of her and all the hard work it took to get where she is.

Old 03-19-2013, 10:17 AM   #2895
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by mademluc View Post
Our trip is a graduation gift to our eldest daughter as well. Disney was her choice and the BWI was the sentimental favorite as we celebrated her 8th grade graduation there. We're splitting the stay with YC this time but saving the best? for last. The only thing I'm desperate to get for her is the graduation ears. I've been told they come out later in the spring but I'm petrified I'll miss the window to get them.
We're just so proud of her, she was accepted to her "reach" school and we want to have a lovely celebration in honor of her and all the hard work it took to get where she is.
Two years ago I had to buy nine sets of graduation ears. I was in Orlando then for business in early March and found them in the World of Disney. Call the shopping line and see if you can get them. If you wait too long they will be sold out.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: