Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 05:16 AM   #856
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Hi Nanette, I have just PMed you...
Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
No message

~Nannette
3 "n"s in Nannette's name. See if that is the issue.

Last edited by natebenma; 03-16-2013 at 06:12 AM.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:06 AM   #857
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmom14 View Post
We're planning on going back to BCV next May but since my DD has 5th grade testing (no sure yet of dates but prior yrs were early weeks in May), I started looking into April. Easter is on the 20th next yr. How is the week after or even the last week in April be crowd wise?
back!

I'll pencil you in on the list for April/May 2014. Let us know when your dates firm up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARASW View Post
I would love to be added to the list. The dates are 8/18-8/23.

I will look forward to any additional input that anyone would be willing to give me. Thanks!!
Got it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
Howdy! Just found out today that my conference added Beach Club as an official conference hotel So while I will miss out on POR, I am excited to be at Beach Club for a week in May!!! I've stayed at the Beach club back in 2008 and enjoyed it and have stayed in the Epcot area since then but I am most excited to try out the new Hurricane Hannah's!!! This place left much to be desired back in 2008 so I'm excited to try it again.

Even though I've been to BC before, I will probably have some questions so I appreciate all the help in advance

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for May.

Let us know how we can help with any info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjersnap View Post
I am not a YC expert with only one stay there under my belt (though I just booked our second officially - wooooohooooooo) but last time we had a room on the quiet pool side (so the rooms across the hall from the gazebo side) that was so pretty, lush and quiet. Pretty quick walk to lobby. If you look at the Disneyzone room map posted on the first few pages of this thread, you will see where I mean. The room categories on the map are outdated so it says they are standard but they should be garden view.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest for Oct- YC/Poly split. Are you are still working on exact dates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by melindae10 View Post
39 days until we arrive!! Last stay at BC was as a 11 year old child, long time ago! We will be arriving in MCO at 7:30 PM. How long does it take to get to the hotel on DME? Should we use the ME for our luggage? How long might it take to get our luggage? The kids are carrying their clothes onto the plane, DH and I are checking ours.

I would love to add you to the Be Our Guest list on page 1. April?

The two times I took ME from MCO to BC it was 1 1/2 hours from touchdown to the BC doors (with stops at POR and BWI). This was with a 10 am arrival time. Advice given here is to expect up to 2 hours.

I love using the ME for luggage! We just take anything we might need that day in our carryon. If you want you can stash the carryon with Bell Services if you want to go for a swim in SAB or visit a park while waiting for your room if it isn't ready.

Up to 3 hours for your luggage to appear in the room. It has been there when we have returned from the parks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWillowBay View Post
In October, we will be splitting a stay between AoA (9 days) and YC (4 days) . Does anyone have any advice about whether or not it would be beneficial to do on-line check-in for the YC part of the trip?
Thanks!!
I have you on the list for Nov- does the YC part of your trip stretch into Nov?

I haven't seen this discussed- how does the advanced pre-registration/checkin work for split stays. Can you check into both places on the 60 day mark? Or wait until 60 days from the second stay? Or do two checkins???

In any event, your checkin would be sometime in August, right? Hopefully we will have more info and advice this summer about the advanced checkin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAWL View Post
Not to rub it in, but...

Our check-in at BCV is in 5 days!!!

Anybody want me to check something out while we're there?
Hey, have a fantastic trip!!!

There's nothing that comes to mind right now, but my mo is to think of something for guests to check about after they have left for their vacations!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2013, 07:05 AM   #858
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC

Thank you! So...."Upper floor please, overlooking back entrance or wedding gazebo if possible" would be the request?
Hi Scott,

I'm pretty sure that the back of the resort is considered to be the parking lot side, not the water view. It is standard terminology to refer to the side facing the water as the front. To be on the safe side and to avoid all confusion, you might be better off not asking for the back entrance, unless you really do want to be above the driveway.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Next up: WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 03-16-2013, 08:00 AM   #859
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommakacie
I finally took the time to do the online check-in. We arrive in 18 days. I decided to go ahead and do it because 1) We're staying CL SV, so that limits the options that I would be picky about (floor level) 2) Since our arrival is the week after Easter, I thought it would be a good idea to save time in any manner possible. I'm just excited to be staying at BC!

It seems that the options for CL were pretty much the same that are given to anyone checking in.

First it asked for your expected arrival and departure times.
Then a cell phone number for notification as to when your room is ready (if not at check in).
Then the credit card number to put charges to.
Then pin numbers for the adults. (It did ask for a pin for my 11 year old, but on the confirmation page, it doesn't show her as having charging privileges. That's how I'd prefer it, so I'm not sure why it asked for a pin.)
The options I was given were large balcony, near transportation, or lower floor. There was also a 4th button you could click on - that said "I would like my room to be ready before check in time, and understand that this would override other preferences." Or something close to that...
I too just completed online check-in, we're staying GV CL too. I thought that the option selections were silly, since GV CL is 5th fl. I would think since they have your room level they would tailor the options to your category, but it didn't. It also forced me to set a PIN for my 11yr old, (I tried to bypass it but couldn't), then on the final page did not show her as having privileges to charge (whew).

Old 03-16-2013, 08:34 AM   #860
rsquared
Earning My Ears

Thanks!

Thanks for your trip reports Natebenma!

I tried to PM you but received the following...
natebenma has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:34 AM   #861
natebenma
DIS Veteran

PM Box Full

Just cleared a spot in my PM box for the person who tried to send me a message.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:38 AM   #862
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsquared View Post
Thanks for your trip reports Natebenma!

I tried to PM you but received the following...
natebenma has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.
Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Just cleared a spot in my PM box for the person who tried to send me a message.
Yeah, I have a little "electronic storage issue" problem.

Oh, thanks so much for the kind words!!!

Which one(s)- Disney? Universal/SW/MK or one of the others? (Puerto Rico, Atlantis, Mexico?)
Old 03-16-2013, 08:39 AM   #863
tkme4ard
Merry Christmas!

dh and I are coming in april 21st through the 27th, staying club level at BC. can NOT wait!! we're celebrating our 20th anniversary NO KIDS YEEHAW!!
Old 03-16-2013, 08:39 AM   #864
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjersnap View Post
I am not a YC expert with only one stay there under my belt (though I just booked our second officially - wooooohooooooo) but last time we had a room on the quiet pool side (so the rooms across the hall from the gazebo side) that was so pretty, lush and quiet. Pretty quick walk to lobby. If you look at the Disneyzone room map posted on the first few pages of this thread, you will see where I mean. The room categories on the map are outdated so it says they are standard but they should be garden view.
Really? The quiet pool is a plausable view with a GV booked? I thought it would have been considered a water view. Hmm.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
Hi Scott,

I'm pretty sure that the back of the resort is considered to be the parking lot side, not the water view. It is standard terminology to refer to the side facing the water as the front. To be on the safe side and to avoid all confusion, you might be better off not asking for the back entrance, unless you really do want to be above the driveway.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Again...really? I always assumed the front of BC/YC would be where the bus pulls up, therefore making the entrances facing Crescent Lake the back entrances.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:39 AM   #865
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Tried again!! Its about a pin...
Got it! I messaged you back.

~Nannette

Old 03-16-2013, 08:43 AM   #866
chirurgeon
I am a delicate flower and need my sleep
I'm trying to avoid Emeldaitis

OK, I know none of us ever obsess about our trips so please forgive my obsession with my late check in time. Should I do online check in and risk getting a room at the back end of beyond, or should I just do my check in when I get there some time around 8 pm. I have never arrived this late in the day. Not handling the dilemma too well.

Kim
CBR 4/00, YC 12/02, ASSp 6/05, AKL/BWI 12/06, ASSP/POFQ 6/07, POFQ/AKL 12/08, PCC 1 5/09, Dolphin/POP 2.0 12/09, POFQ/BCV 04/10, PCC 2.0 12/10, POR 12/11, ABD BSM 7/12, PCC 4.0 12/12, BC 4/13, ABD BSM 7/14
Old 03-16-2013, 08:50 AM   #867
mommakacie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicgirl177 View Post
I too just completed online check-in, we're staying GV CL too. I thought that the option selections were silly, since GV CL is 5th fl. I would think since they have your room level they would tailor the options to your category, but it didn't. It also forced me to set a PIN for my 11yr old, (I tried to bypass it but couldn't), then on the final page did not show her as having privileges to charge (whew).
Bummer that we don't get special online check in treatment. Oh well, at least our stuff should be ready when we get there!

10/04 - All Star Music, 04/06 - Pop Century
06/08 - All Star Movies, 12/10 - POFQ
02/12 - POR
04/13 - BC
Old 03-16-2013, 09:05 AM   #868
wdisneyaholic
DIS Veteran

How does everyone get all these pins? I haven't received one in years. Also, is there a place that would list any conference booked at the YC?
Old 03-16-2013, 09:29 AM   #869
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdisneyaholic View Post
How does everyone get all these pins? I haven't received one in years. Also, is there a place that would list any conference booked at the YC?
It's an actual pin that you can wear. Nannette will mail them out to you so that you can wear it while at the hotel so fellow DISers can see you.

There's a picture posted earlier in the thread. The pins are really cute! I'm going to ask for one about a month before we go.

Nannette is so nice for doing this!

Old 03-16-2013, 09:32 AM   #870
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn View Post
It's an actual pin that you can wear. Nannette will mail them out to you so that you can wear it while at the hotel so fellow DISers can see you.

There's a picture posted earlier in the thread. The pins are really cute! I'm going to ask for one about a month before we go.

Nannette is so nice for doing this!
You may want to ask now! I think she is down to just 5 more.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: