Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 02:48 PM   #1396
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

*** Wow so there is a lot of guests that wanted to do this? lol The dates thing that is. I am working on it so any more to come in the thread in my signature. Then after that There is a format that would make it easier on me. If you can do yours kinda like the one below in the PM to me that would be very cool. Thanks

"Venomhatch- POR - 3/1 - 3/9"

That would be so very cool, it would make it easier to all the interest coming in on this project.

Last edited by Venomhatch; 03-15-2013 at 09:44 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:03 PM   #1397
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Thanks to all on this thread, especially Andre and Venom! While I had planned to stay here in May, the conference I am going to added 2 Disney resorts to their official hotels while previously they had none (I had booked POR on my own). In order to get the transportation benefits for the conference, I have to stay at one of these hotels. But I am definitely not going kicking and screaming because they added Disney's Beach Club as one of the conference hotels for a great price!

One day, I WILL see Yee Haw Bob!!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2013, 03:27 PM   #1398
BrentSD
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
He leaves most of the planning up to me, but he's like a little kid (me too) when it comes to Disney so he loves talking about it and hearing about it.
I've done most of the planning while my wife will usually stop me from talking about it due to being on overload from it all. It's our first trip to Disney and I want it to be a great time for the family (and especially our kids)!
Old 03-15-2013, 03:28 PM   #1399
BrentSD
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
*** Wow so there is a lot of guests that wanted to do this? lol The dates thing that is. I am working on it so any more to come in via PM to me can they please slow for about 20 minutes. Then after that There is a format that would make it easier on me. If you can do yours kinda like the one below in the PM to me that would be very cool. Thanks

"Venomhatch- 3/1 - 3/9"

That would be so very cool, it would make it easier to all the interest coming in on this project.
Thanks for doing this! It's a great idea!
Old 03-15-2013, 03:39 PM   #1400
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Ok I am caught up on the dates finally, wow......
Old 03-15-2013, 06:01 PM   #1401
LovingDisny
I'm not going to lie. I like to lurk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybaud View Post
Me too!! My husband grounded me! I can only talk about Disney once a week and on Fridays!
LOL! I just told my husband this and he said "hey, grounded, that is a good idea" People who aren't even posting find new ideas on the Dis.

Back to POR related things: Lots of people are talking about checking in on-line, not on-line- to fax requests or not fax requests. Here is what I am doing: Booked preffered location - requested bldg 14, 15 or 18 ground floor room on original booking. I will be doing on line check in 10 days out, and sending a fax to re-iterate my bldg & ground floor requests 3 to 5 days out.

I did on-line check in at POR back in 2010 and check in was a breeze, no line & room ready at 11:35 am - however, I had requested an AB room and we were put in Acandian house, so my requests were not granted on that trip but i did NOT send a fax that time and we are a family of 4 and I know they try to keep AB open for families of 5. We ended up loving our corner room (8220) and location. (very close to North depot)
2004- CBR with hubby & oldest son
2010- POR with hubby & both boys
2013- POR with hubby & both boys AGAIN!
2015- Me, hubby & both boys - we are thinking Coronado Springs -
Old 03-15-2013, 06:16 PM   #1402
LovingDisny

My dates at POR

Venom, so sorry I just sent my PM before reading your post regarding the format...
Old 03-15-2013, 06:23 PM   #1403
LovingDisny

planning

Obviously I'm just catching up with the thread today. My hubby appreciates all of my planning and he gets very excited when the trip gets close. He also has a lot to do with our dining plans, but unlike me he doesn't want to talk about it everyday. or look at my total trip spreadsheet everday, or the POR map from Andre's site that I printed in color, or my dining spreadsheet.... Of course now that I have my own Planning door it will be hard for him to miss.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:38 PM   #1404
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingDisny View Post
Here is what I am doing: Booked preffered location - requested bldg 14, 15 or 18 ground floor room on original booking. I will be doing on line check in 10 days out, and sending a fax to re-iterate my bldg & ground floor requests 3 to 5 days out.
Sounds like a great idea to me, perfectly planned. (You can do online checkin up to 60 days out now by the way, if you feel so inclined)

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 03-15-2013, 06:48 PM   #1405
LovingDisny

No I did not know that I could check in 60 days out. Awesome! thank you Andre.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:51 PM   #1406
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullybigadventure

You're awesome for taking this on!
Thank you too. It makes the trip that much more real!

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:54 PM   #1407
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Venom, so sorry I just sent my PM before reading your post regarding the format...
No worries...

Quote:
LOL! I just told my husband this and he said "hey, grounded, that is a good idea" People who aren't even posting find new ideas on the Dis.

Back to POR related things: Lots of people are talking about checking in on-line, not on-line- to fax requests or not fax requests. Here is what I am doing: Booked preffered location - requested bldg 14, 15 or 18 ground floor room on original booking. I will be doing on line check in 10 days out, and sending a fax to re-iterate my bldg & ground floor requests 3 to 5 days out.

I did on-line check in at POR back in 2010 and check in was a breeze, no line & room ready at 11:35 am - however, I had requested an AB room and we were put in Acandian house, so my requests were not granted on that trip but i did NOT send a fax that time and we are a family of 4 and I know they try to keep AB open for families of 5. We ended up loving our corner room (8220) and location. (very close to North depot)
I still say 7-10 days out and stand by it. Gives them more time to make sure they have the room that fits your requests available.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:58 PM   #1408
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
Thank you too. It makes the trip that much more real!
Thank myjourney

They convinced me we needed one.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:13 PM   #1409
nickgid
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingDisny

Hi there! I also have a preferred room reserved. Wondering if I should request certain areas. May I ask why you are requesting building 14,15 or 18? Thanks!
Old 03-15-2013, 07:30 PM   #1410
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickgid View Post
Hi there! I also have a preferred room reserved. Wondering if I should request certain areas. May I ask why you are requesting building 14,15 or 18? Thanks!
go to http://www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php and look at the map of the buildings. There are 4 buildings that are preferred and those are 3 closest to the main building.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: