Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013, 02:29 PM   #31
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy5767 View Post

Where is your home resort?
Unfortunately my home resort is in Calgary

I'm not a DVC owner, just a wannabe I like to rent though

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 mickey View Post
lollollollol it's true really good rotisserie chicken we have here !!
I am so glad for you rob and kira for that upcoming trip !!!!
t
let me be the one to say this one will be the best ever '' neighbor ''
I'll follow this pre trip report as yours are always so fun to read !!
I was born in Montreal and I miss the food!!! I sure hope it's the best ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell60 View Post
Joining in Cass! I am scared to death of heights and that picture of Kira gives me the creeps just looking at it!! Looking forward to following your trip report!

Wendy
LOL, yeah she was a little freaked out too

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurDogCisco View Post
I'm so excited you guys are going back. I look forward to reading your report.
Glad you're here

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncw89 View Post
Joining in! I've read along on some of your past adventures!!
Wooo hooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh's Pal View Post
"Eh" I'm In!!
Ahem, that would be "I'm in, eh!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillpie View Post
Well WOOP DE DOO CASS IS BACK!!!!

And I got a pm from you and everything, I feel honored! I am sooooo happy you are back, I cannot wait for this story. And a story it always is:, I just adore your family. Kira, wow she has grown into such a cutie young lady!! I feel like we've watched her grow up here.

We are leaving for Fl. in April, doing the 4 day Dream and a week at the BCV afterward. Your Dream trip report, let me just tell you, has been awesome. I bookmarked it a long time ago on my IPad and refer back to it a lot. I finally settled on an cat 8D rm 6107, with a big porthole, it should be great! So thanks so much for all you did to present all that info to us. Then! We're headed to Africa in the Fall Cass!! An 18 day safari, no kidding!! Just DH and I. Omg so excited. Anyway!! Can't wait to read every last word of this. Seriously looking forward to it, right down to every last chicken tender and Ken's sauce.
OMG, Disney, Dream & Africa!!! How awesome is that????!!!! Okay, so YOU need to start writing some trip reports, my dear!!!

Hmmmm chiiiiiiiicken tenders! I am counting down the days!!! No Ken's though But I did read on a TR that they had honey mustard on the ships in large vats like the ketchup. Not sure who makes it but it's gotta be better than the Heinz crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapperjill View Post
woo hoo!!! I got a PM too... i saw the PM n thought OMG Cass.... brings back trip planning and cruising memories .

Soooo... There's no need to say it... But I will.... I'm IN!!!

Going to go right now n check out the TR on the dream
I still have my 2005 cruise buttons Glad you're joining us here

Quote:
Originally Posted by indimom View Post
I had just enough time to think what a cutie your little one was, before I realized she was floating a million feet in the air on just a thin pane of glass. Can we say PALPITATIONS!!!

Can't wait to read more about your plans

and

This trip will NOT suck! :
LOL! No palpitations, PLEASE!! They are not fun

I sure hope it doesn't suck or else this will be the worst trip report evah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Sorry I am a little late to the party. I blame it on work and real life!

And now that I am subscribed I am going back to read ........
Dizneeat, you are just in time

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK View Post
Hee haw! Rob, Cass & Kira are headin' back to Disney!!! I'm gonna sit back, get the popcorn ready, and live vicariously!!! Here's to another amazing adventure ahead!
I think we all need a CJK....just sayin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustralianJetsetter View Post
Oh yes please!! I am most definitely in for this. Can't wait to read all about your planning & feel your excitement. Your little princess is at a great age now so this trip will not suck one bit
Here's to this trip not sucking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker326 View Post
Good mantra & trip report title.

This trip will not suck!!!

Kira's age is wonderful for Disney. Old enough to not be tantruming & young enough to fully believe in all the magic!

-Nicole
Ooooooh....she still tantrums

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
in!
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:46 PM   #32
Timon

DIS Junkie

Never let me go to the Disney Store during a sale

Let me start this chapter by saying that I am NOT a shopper!!! I hate shopping! I have a hard time spending money unless it's on something we need.

I spend very little time in my life shopping. I just stay away from stores unless I really NEED to go.

Now, don't get me wrong...if I won the lottery and had tons of money, I would LOVE shopping! Well, it would all be done online, in my jammies but hey, I could easily spend $20K at www.disneystore.com alone! But shipping to Canada costs an arm, a leg and your first born so I always just stay away from there

But I live about 6 minutes away from a Disney Store and Kira loves going there to look at all the princessy stuff so I sometimes venture out. I don't go often because it is the one store where I know I can and will do some damage.

Here's a few pics from last year when they redid the Disney Store, it's actually really awesome now!

She loved the Magic Mirror!!

I really miss the days when there was stuff in there for adults but now the adult merchandise is delegated to ONE little shelf and consists of a few lousy over-priced tees

BUT, I have a little girl who is GAGA over Disney princess stuff and I find it MUCH easier to spend money on her than me!

So anyway, last week I got a text from my sister saying that the Princess costumes were on sale 25% off. Since I promised Kira that we would buy her a new princess dress for our trip, I thought this would be a fabulous time to buy it!

So I went in prepared to spend $37.50 + tax.

Total bill?

$166

In my defence, almost everything I bought was on sale

I gave Kira the choice of dresses and she chose Rapunzel so this is what I bought her

And I also bought the head piece for it

And as a special gift, her Auntie Deb bought her the matching shoes

And then I bought this for the trip because she has grown out of her Ariel cover up.

Also for the trip (on sale!)

And some jammies for the summer and the trip

And also for the trip (on sale!)

And I also got two more pairs of princess jammies for next fall.

Oh and some princess lip balm that I haven't given her yet. It will be given to her as a reward for doing well on her Dictée at school.

So....not a bad haul for $166, right?

I think I did well

So, then a few days later, I was going over our rough itinerary and decided to add something. Well, two things actually. Which I will talk more about later....but this change led me....

back to the Disney store

Where I bought this (still on sale!)

and this (on sale!)

Yes, I know.

I have a problem.

But hey, it's been 4 years since she was in Disney World and on the "Mickey Ship" so I wanted to spoil her a little

So....since there is still 224 more days until we leave, I am pretty sure I will be returning to The Disney (crack) Store and if I do, I will be sure to post about it here

Edited to add:

Here's a pic of Kira in her Rapunzel dress. Her Aurora one has been put away and will be a surprise for her on the trip!

And for kicks and giggles here is Princess Lilo, our golden LOL!

Last edited by Timon; 07-23-2013 at 05:19 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2013, 07:53 PM   #33
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I love your purchases!!!! I have one of those crack addictions too. Whatever you do, stay away from Jeanne, she makes it much worse!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:17 PM   #34
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!

Love all of the stuff you bought at the "crack" store!

This trip is definitely going to be awesome!!!
StitchIsOurHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:48 PM   #35
Riles_and_Gabe
DIS Veteran

Joining in!! We will be leaving 2 days before you arrive. I am already having jealous feelings that somebody will get to enjoy Disney after us
Can't wait to hear your plans!!

My Blog: Have Budget Will Travel

Riles_and_Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:12 PM   #36
Timon

DIS Junkie

There's no crying in Disney

So I recently watched the raw video footage of our last trip in 2009. You know, the one where Kira had all the meltdowns and tantrums?

In my nicely edited and muted finished version, you can barely even tell that the Turks had a major attitude problem

But I remember the 'tude fondly

As does her daddy.

That got me thinking about "the trip that will not suck" and how she is going to handle it.

Obviously much better than the last time but I still think she will have her moments. She will be a month shy of her 7th birthday, which sounds like a great age for Disney, right? The thing is, our little princess is very sensitive And a big chicken

So, we already know that the big rides are out. I know better than to push it but I think I will suggest that she ride Splash Mountain because I think she will really like it. I know she won't like the drop at the end and she might even run away when she see that drop as we pass it

So I am thinking of waiting until our last day and taking that side entrance by the water so we bypass the scary drop

So no Space Mountain, Rock N' Roller, Tower of Terror, Expedition Everest for sure. I will try for Big Thunder though.

I've scheduled pool time just about every day since I know she will LOVE that and while I plan on doing as much as we can, I am totally prepared for extra down time if she needs it.

The only thing I am worried about is all the walking. With no stroller, her little legs might get tired

Hopefully the meltdowns will be few and far between.

And hopefully I don't have any either

Yup, I have had a few meltdowns myself. Three exactly. Two at Magic Kingdom and one on the Disney Magic.

Which is really weird because I don't have meltdowns in my normal life, why the heck would I have them at Disney????

The first one was back 1999 during Rob's first trip. He had loaned me his $400 sunglasses (in my defence, I told him not to because I was used to wearing $7 sunglasses that I used to drop, sit on and scratch!) and I lost them on Alien Encounter

He totally forgave me but it took some time for me to forgive myself

Second one was in 2007 at the MK. Just one thing led to another and before I knew it, I was sitting there, looking at the Castle, bawling my eyes out.

And the third was in 2009 on the Disney Magic. We had the worst stateroom host ever and it was just a really bad cruise in general and stuff just kept happening over and over until I finally just lost it

Sounds like I'm a total basket case, right? Really I'm not! I'm a very strong person, not a lot bothers me, really.

I guess we all have our breaking point. Mine just seem to be all related to Disney

Soooooo....cross your fingers (and toes please!) that Kira and I have the least amount of meltdowns possible.

Last edited by Timon; 11-15-2013 at 04:16 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:43 PM   #37
indimom
Are We There Yet?

Love the items you got from the "crack" store. I feel your pain.

I (clear throat) may have bought four, count them, four, new pairs of sandals this week. Oh, the shame of it all.

I gave myself a million good reasons why buying them was not a bad idea or a budget buster.
They're good quality.
They'll last for years.
With four pairs, I'll rotate them and they'll last even longer!
They are easy on my feet.

What it really comes down to?
They were comfortable and oh, soooo CUTE!

As for crying in Disney.
I may have done that also.

Once, I swear, it was just once.

In my defense, it was hot.
I was tired.
I was PMSing.
And, I'm pretty sure DH was doing something annoying.

(I'm convinced, it is always a guys fault when a girl cries.... he probably should have seen it coming and bought me a mickey bar or a dole whip. That would have headed it off at the pass. )
Old 03-16-2013, 02:14 AM   #38
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Ah, the Disney Store!
I am glad it does the same thing to others as well. Thankfully the closest one to us is just under 1000 km away, so that helps with spending.
Unfortunately there has just popped up an online German Disney store. My wallet is weeping, let me tell you that.

BUT ... I just love all of your purchases.

As for meltdowns ....
we all have had them, big kids and little kids.
There is so much anticipation and if it is not met it can be quite overwhelming. Don't worry, been there, done that.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:00 AM   #39
Niewoe
Mouseketeer

Just joining! Going to go back and read through... Our families are the same size, and have some other similarities. Nice to find families who I can relate to... Looking forward to reading!

DVC members since 7/12

Disney Surprise (DS at age 3) best part is at the end... if you've never seen a kid not want to go to disney world, it's worth your time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjDvh5vxhh8
Niewoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:23 AM   #40
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I have had Disney meltdowns too. Don't worry. I think it's with so much going on and you want it all to be perfect, but sometimes something throws a wrench in that perfect plan.
I cried like a bay when I lost my cell phone in 2011. I even found it, but it was towards the end of the trip and just something that tipped the barrel and I couldn't stop crying.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:03 PM   #41
cntkg1
Runs with Scissors!!
shakes dollar bills for good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
Here's a pic of Kira in her Rapunzel dress. Her Aurora one has been put away and will be a surprise for her on the trip!

And for kick and giggles here is Princess Lilo, our golden LOL!

Kira looks so so sweet. Isn't it funny what our poochies will do for us too? Lilo is adorable.

Quote:
So no Space Mountain, Rock N' Roller, Tower of Terror, Expedition Everest for sure. I will try for Big Thunder though.
Big Thunder Railroad?? That's right next to Rocky Mountain Railroad, right?
cntkg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:14 PM   #42
Mindy5767
Loving My DVC Membership

Went to that Disney 'crack' store today!! Bought 4 shirts for me, 3 for Heidi, plus a night gown, and she got a stuffed Nana from Peter Pan. I also bought Lily (DD24) a shirt and a couple of those reusable bags. That was our first stop on a multi-store multi-mall shopping spree getting ready for our Disney trip.

We went to Tyson's Corner Center to the Disney Store, and American Girl, LLBean and Williams Sonoma, then we ate at Panera, then we went to Fair Oaks Mall and hit Hot Topic, Stride Rite, Children's Place, Claire's, I think that is all of the..... at the end we were sort of speed shopping.

Mindy5767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:16 AM   #43
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

I utilized that same sale for my littlest princess and bought the SAME Rapunzel dress as a gift from the Easter Bunny! I bypassed the headband & shoes (but may be back for the shoes later). With a $12 Rapunzel plushie to go with it. I just KNOW that come Easter, she will be wearing Rapunzel to Easter dinner instead of her new Easter dress!

Disney store is bad for me! Especially because I hardly can walk out without getting another Vinyl... SAYING its for 'the kids'..but really, who are we kidding? TOTALLY FOR ME!
Tinker326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:00 PM   #44
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I love your purchases!!!! I have one of those crack addictions too. Whatever you do, stay away from Jeanne, she makes it much worse!
LOL, warning noted Jen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchIsOurHero View Post
Love all of the stuff you bought at the "crack" store!

This trip is definitely going to be awesome!!!
I sure hope so! Almost time for yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riles_and_Gabe View Post
Joining in!! We will be leaving 2 days before you arrive. I am already having jealous feelings that somebody will get to enjoy Disney after us
Can't wait to hear your plans!!
Hahahahaha, that's so funny! I feel that way about the cruisers on the Nov 9th sailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by indimom View Post
Love the items you got from the "crack" store. I feel your pain.

I (clear throat) may have bought four, count them, four, new pairs of sandals this week. Oh, the shame of it all.

I gave myself a million good reasons why buying them was not a bad idea or a budget buster.
They're good quality.
They'll last for years.
With four pairs, I'll rotate them and they'll last even longer!
They are easy on my feet.

What it really comes down to?
They were comfortable and oh, soooo CUTE!

As for crying in Disney.
I may have done that also.

Once, I swear, it was just once.

In my defense, it was hot.
I was tired.
I was PMSing.
And, I'm pretty sure DH was doing something annoying.

(I'm convinced, it is always a guys fault when a girl cries.... he probably should have seen it coming and bought me a mickey bar or a dole whip. That would have headed it off at the pass.
LOL, That had me

Unfortunately, I can't even blame my guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Ah, the Disney Store!
I am glad it does the same thing to others as well. Thankfully the closest one to us is just under 1000 km away, so that helps with spending.
Unfortunately there has just popped up an online German Disney store. My wallet is weeping, let me tell you that.

BUT ... I just love all of your purchases.

As for meltdowns ....
we all have had them, big kids and little kids.
There is so much anticipation and if it is not met it can be quite overwhelming. Don't worry, been there, done that.
German Online Disney Store?? Ruh Roh!!!

I agree, you plan these trips months even years in advance and you expect them to be awesome and unfortunately, that's not the case sometimes. I think we are due a good one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niewoe View Post
Just joining! Going to go back and read through... Our families are the same size, and have some other similarities. Nice to find families who I can relate to... Looking forward to reading!
I feel the same way when I read trip reports, it's awesome when you find one that is very similar to your own family

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I have had Disney meltdowns too. Don't worry. I think it's with so much going on and you want it all to be perfect, but sometimes something throws a wrench in that perfect plan.
I cried like a bay when I lost my cell phone in 2011. I even found it, but it was towards the end of the trip and just something that tipped the barrel and I couldn't stop crying.
Awwww that would suck Jen! Glad you found it

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntkg1 View Post

Big Thunder Railroad?? That's right next to Rocky Mountain Railroad, right?
Yup, right next to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy5767 View Post
Went to that Disney 'crack' store today!! Bought 4 shirts for me, 3 for Heidi, plus a night gown, and she got a stuffed Nana from Peter Pan. I also bought Lily (DD24) a shirt and a couple of those reusable bags. That was our first stop on a multi-store multi-mall shopping spree getting ready for our Disney trip.

We went to Tyson's Corner Center to the Disney Store, and American Girl, LLBean and Williams Sonoma, then we ate at Panera, then we went to Fair Oaks Mall and hit Hot Topic, Stride Rite, Children's Place, Claire's, I think that is all of the..... at the end we were sort of speed shopping.
Someone take Mindy's credit cards away!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker326 View Post
I utilized that same sale for my littlest princess and bought the SAME Rapunzel dress as a gift from the Easter Bunny! I bypassed the headband & shoes (but may be back for the shoes later). With a $12 Rapunzel plushie to go with it. I just KNOW that come Easter, she will be wearing Rapunzel to Easter dinner instead of her new Easter dress!

Disney store is bad for me! Especially because I hardly can walk out without getting another Vinyl... SAYING its for 'the kids'..but really, who are we kidding? TOTALLY FOR ME!
Ooooh you know you will be back

I'm kinda glad that my Disney Store doesn't have a lot of adult stuff cus I am a sucker for a good Disney shirt
Old 03-19-2013, 05:26 PM   #45
Timon

DIS Junkie

Leaving on a (West)jet plane

=

Let's talk about how we are getting to Disney...

HA! My hubby only wishes!

More like this

For us Western Canadians, getting to Florida is very expensive. And flights and airlines are limited. Most flights are connecting flights into either Denver (my fave!), Chicago or Houston. Those are the flights that are on USA based airlines like United, Delta or American Airlines. Most of these flights leave Calgary very early in the morning and get into MCO around supper time. So, we are usually up around 2am to be at the airport for 5am when the check-in desks and US Customs opens. So, it's a loooooong travel day

Here in Canada, we have two airlines to choose from Air Canada (which I refuse to fly unless I absolutely have to!) and Westjet, which is my favourite way to fly.

Westjet is the only airline that has a direct flight to Orlando. Air Canada used to have one but I haven't seen it offered in ages! These WJ direct flights are offered on Saturdays (and sometimes Tuesday and Thursdays, depending on the time of year you fly) and are ridiculously expensive!

I can usually fly via a connecting USA airline for about $600 per person but often the WJ direct flights are from about $650 all the way up to about $1500 depending on when you book it

I just priced out our flight and it is $791 per person. So, it would cost us $2373 for the three of us to fly if I booked it today

And that is the reason we don't go more often!

Thankfully, this time we booked using Avion Points (thanks J & H ) so we were able to decide which airline and which flight!

Can you guess what we chose???

Yuuuuuuuup!

We got the direct flight on Westjet

With any ticket you get on points, you still have to pay the taxes, which were about $150 each I think. Way better than $790 each

I am sooooo stoked about that! Not only does it mean we don't have to be up at 2 AM but it also means we will be there in about 5 hours

Our flight leaves at 10am and arrives into MCO at around 5pm local time!

We've only ever taken the direct flight once, back in 2005 and I can't even begin to tell you how awesome it was

Now, don't get me wrong, I will gladly travel all day long on 3 connectors to get to Disney (and I have done that before!) but with a 6-year old, I am even more excited about getting that direct flight.

Five hours can be very long with a 6-year old who is stuck in a chair

You know what I mean, right parents?

Since we have to check-in, go through US Customs Pre-clear and then security, we still need to arrive about 3 hours early but still, that means we won't need to leave the house until about 6:30 AM. I know that seems early but most of our flights to Disney have left at 6:30am so, this is better

I also love Westjet because they have new planes, leather seats and TV's in every seat back. Also, they don't charge for your first checked bag

This will be the third time Kira's flown but she doesn't remember the first two times so this will also be exciting for me to see it through her eyes.

220 more days until Disney

=

Last edited by Timon; 03-19-2013 at 05:40 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: