Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-13-2013, 08:22 PM   #301
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7
 
TinkerbellLuvr7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orlando, FL-5 mins from the WDW Arch!
Posts: 5,258

Tomorrow our high is 68, 74 on Friday and then low/mid 80s for the rest of weekend-early next week!!! I'm looking forward to spending some of the weekend getting a base tan before the cruise!! 10 days till we check in for our Pre-Cruise stay at Poly CL!!!!!
__________________
TinkerbellLuvr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:10 AM   #302
couchpotato
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Bette
Don't overpack clothes! Bring $1 bills for room service tips. We bring snorkel gear for DS. Didn't use the over the door organizer. Will leave the laptop at home this time. Glad we brought pre-packaged candy for the shows and movies. We like using an underwater camera at CC.
Thanks for the tips, I am trying ( and failing) to not overpack. I think we will bring our snorkel gear, we are really looking forward to snorkeling at CC!
couchpotato is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-14-2013, 12:13 AM   #303
couchpotato
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by moebear
Hi Everyone,

We are a little bit late posting to this thread, but wanted to say hi.

We will be sailing with you all and are very excited! This will be our time on the Dream.

See you all soon,
Bonnie & Family
Our first Disney cruise too! Looking forward to meeting all the great DISboard members
couchpotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:18 AM   #304
scrapbookjulie
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by couchpotato View Post
Thanks for the tips, I am trying ( and failing) to not overpack. I think we will bring our snorkel gear, we are really looking forward to snorkeling at CC!
We brought our own masks and snorkels and just used the fins and vests from CC. DD hated the snorkeling (much different than practicing in the pool at home obviously!), so she and I won't be snorkeling this time. DH still plans to bring his mask, though.
scrapbookjulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:46 AM   #305
luvdmouse
Mouseketeer
 
luvdmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NW suburbs of Chicago, IL
Posts: 430

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmo View Post
Just got a call from Southwest. Our flight is oversold and they wanted us to take a later flight. We are flying in on Saturday morning, but I said no way. I don't want to take any chances. Now I am worried, but at least we know and will plan on getting to the airport early. I paid the extra money for priority assignments, so I think we are covered, but it still is a little worrisome.
Where are you flying in from? We are flying Southwest at 9:15 am Saturday from Midway in Chicago. I also payed for the priority. If I don't hear anything from Southwest, I guess I will be waiting at 9:15 next Friday for on-line check in. We've never flown Southwest before. I hope we don't get a phone call or have any issues.
luvdmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:42 AM   #306
RopeDrop
Earning My Ears
 
RopeDrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDH Family View Post
Movies onboard your Disney Dream sailing will be the following:

Frankenweenie
Wreck-It-Ralph
Lincoln
Oz The Great and Powerful
Great! We haven't seen any of these. DD11 really wanted to see Wreck-it Ralph. I would be happy to catch any of them.
__________________
Me, DH, The twins (DDs 16) and DD12
RopeDrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:57 AM   #307
moebear
Mouseketeer
 
moebear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Westfield, NJ
Posts: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by couchpotato View Post
Our first Disney cruise too! Looking forward to meeting all the great DISboard members
Hi Couchpotato,

Looking forward to meeting you all too!

This isn't our first Disney cruise, just our first on the Dream.

Getting excited! Must start packing......
__________________
DW (Bonnie), DH (Gerry), DD 14 (Morgan), DD 12 (Emma), (Emily), (Joey)
moebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:13 AM   #308
moebear
Mouseketeer
 
moebear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Westfield, NJ
Posts: 85

Hi Ropedrop,

I am trying to get up to speed with the posts on this thread. DD (12) is home sick so I am using this time to try and get up to speed!
Are you still doing the 'last minute FE' for the late comers? We would love to be included as we were late to this party!
Let me know and I can give you our deets.

Bonnie
__________________
DW (Bonnie), DH (Gerry), DD 14 (Morgan), DD 12 (Emma), (Emily), (Joey)
moebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:28 PM   #309
ktmo
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 395

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdmouse View Post
Where are you flying in from? We are flying Southwest at 9:15 am Saturday from Midway in Chicago. I also payed for the priority. If I don't hear anything from Southwest, I guess I will be waiting at 9:15 next Friday for on-line check in. We've never flown Southwest before. I hope we don't get a phone call or have any issues.
We are flying out of Baltimore. We also have a 9am flight. We are planning on getting to the airport nice and early. Don't want to take any chances. The lady who called me said that she could switch us to another direct flight later that day, but when I checked on-line everything was sold out.
__________________
Katie - mom to two girls 5/05 and 4/07.
Spring Break 2010 - All-Star Music
October 2011 - Changed to Beach Club Villas
June 2012 - Caribbean Beach Resort
March 2013 - 4 nights on the Dream
October 2013 - Art of Animation
ktmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:43 PM   #310
divinemissm2
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Oregon
Posts: 15

Since this will be our first cruise and I discovered this site while planning, what's the deal with the meet at 3:00. Do we jut get together to say hello? Are there other events that people have planned other than the FE? Any additional info would be greatly appreciated.
divinemissm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:16 AM   #311
RopeDrop
Earning My Ears
 
RopeDrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by moebear View Post
Hi Ropedrop,

I am trying to get up to speed with the posts on this thread. DD (12) is home sick so I am using this time to try and get up to speed!
Are you still doing the 'last minute FE' for the late comers? We would love to be included as we were late to this party!
Let me know and I can give you our deets.

Bonnie
Sure. PM me. I just picked up a couple of little things. It'll be fun anyway.
__________________
Me, DH, The twins (DDs 16) and DD12
RopeDrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:33 AM   #312
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...
 
podsnel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Scotch Plains, NJ
Posts: 6,873

Quote:
Originally Posted by divinemissm2 View Post
Since this will be our first cruise and I discovered this site while planning, what's the deal with the meet at 3:00. Do we jut get together to say hello? Are there other events that people have planned other than the FE? Any additional info would be greatly appreciated.
Hi! The meet at 3pm is to say hi to all the DISpeeps who have been chatting on here- and put a face to the name, so we can "know" each other on the cruise (it's great to see friendly faces all around the ship!). We will also take a group pic on the stairs, which is a nice thing. I know i am signing up, along with some others, for mixology, but other than that, I am not aware of other scheduled activities. I have been on other cruises that had more going on (scavenger hunts, trick or treating at Halloween, cabin tours) but they were all longer cruises with more time for that stuff.
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:05 PM   #313
divinemissm2
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Oregon
Posts: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel

Hi! The meet at 3pm is to say hi to all the DISpeeps who have been chatting on here- and put a face to the name, so we can "know" each other on the cruise (it's great to see friendly faces all around the ship!). We will also take a group pic on the stairs, which is a nice thing. I know i am signing up, along with some others, for mixology, but other than that, I am not aware of other scheduled activities. I have been on other cruises that had more going on (scavenger hunts, trick or treating at Halloween, cabin tours) but they were all longer cruises with more time for that stuff.
Thanks for the info. As long as we don't get ourselves lost while exploring the ship after boarding we should see everyone at 3!
divinemissm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:10 PM   #314
BataviaMom
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 18

Wow it is next week!

Hi all - I have been so busy at work that the time just got away! This will be our first cruise too = just me and DS 15. I am a little nervous that there seem to be lots more teen girls than boys! My son thinks he will be spending a lot of time in Vibe -- away from Mom and he is worried about me being alone!

So I will be looking for all the other abandoned parents (lol) and hoping that he will make some friends in the club!

We are from Batavia IL and in the middle of track season so he is wondering where he can work out - how old do you have to be to go to the fitness center? I am not a runner so I just want to relax with a book or take it all in!

I hope we will find all of you at 3:00! I am still wondering what to pack!

Also - has anyone every done the parasailing - I got talked into it and am VERY afraid of heights !

Rope Drop - are you on the MO Board too? It was your trip report from last year that convinced us to try a cruise! I am sure my son will see your older girls in the club!

Thanks for the help everyone!

Jan (and John)
BataviaMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:05 PM   #315
Princess Bette
DIS Veteran
 
Princess Bette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Decatur, AL
Posts: 735

We have spring fever here! It has been in the 70's and sunshine all day - just hope we have beautiful warm weather on the Dream! Serious packing is beginning here tomorrow. We fly to Orlando on Saturday. Who all is staying at the Hyatt at MCO? This cruise needs to be about 10 days so I can do everything I want to do!
BataviaMom - my DS and DH are doing the parasailing at 10:00 - what time are you scheduled? There is no way I will do it - way too scared of heights! BTW, what is the MO board?
I'm not sure about the age of fitness room but I think it's 18. I have seen lots of folks running on the deck though.
__________________


March 24-28, 2013 Disney Dream Spring Break Cruise with MaMaw
Nov 30-Dec 8, 2012 Fort Wilderness at WDW
July 5-10, 2011 Disney Dream 5 Night Double Dip Bahama's Cruise
March 21-24, 2010 Disney Wonder 4 Night Spring Break Bahama's Cruise
Princess Bette is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: