Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 11:03 AM   #706
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

dancing queen(s) ... just saying, um, singing

kate

kid-at-heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:35 PM   #707
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
In an effort to keep up with that sexiness, we all decided to strike a pose-

Words fail me.....and that's probably a good thing!
Seriously, I love that y'all had such a great time and shared it with us in your TR. Maybe I'll finally give in to DW and go on a cruise but there will be no late night walks on the lido deck with nobody around...I don't want to take an unexpected swim "encouraged" by DW! She keeps asking how much life insurance I have on me!

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2013, 12:12 AM   #708
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

I love how Joan looks so inocent and sweet.. and you other broads oy ve LMAO
Old 03-15-2013, 07:47 AM   #709
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeADisMom View Post
Oh my! I don't even know where to begin... I'm laughing too hard! Recorded from INSIDE YOUR PURSE! My favorite veggies (peas and carrots) ... you are just a wee bit crazy! But I love ya!
YOU should have been there- this was MUCH MUCH more fun than putting on jammies and watching Jimmy Kimmel in the cabin.
Just sayin...
You'd better bring your dancin shoes for November 2014 my friend! There will be NO Jimmy Kimmel marathons on THAT cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
How fun! I would love to do that too.
I highly recommend! It was HILARIOUS!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid-at-heart View Post
dancing queen(s) ... just saying, um, singing

kate
We were more dancing bananas, lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
Words fail me.....and that's probably a good thing!
Seriously, I love that y'all had such a great time and shared it with us in your TR. Maybe I'll finally give in to DW and go on a cruise but there will be no late night walks on the lido deck with nobody around...I don't want to take an unexpected swim "encouraged" by DW! She keeps asking how much life insurance I have on me!
I recommend an inside cabin......

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
I love how Joan looks so inocent and sweet.. and you other broads oy ve LMAO
HEY!
Actually....I got nothin. You are spot on.
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:53 AM   #710
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Quote:

"And then these two other chicks came in..."

There were girls after US?????

Definitely one of my favorite memories ever-

I love you Carrots-
Love you too Peas! And our Iowa Corn girl, too!!!!! Joanie, we missed you that night!

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:51 PM   #711
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

And they pick on me for POLE Dancing !!!!Oh definately some ITSK's there !!!Isn't it fun to just be SILLY!!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:47 AM   #712
Beth D
DIS Veteran

Oh my! Love the dancing queens! (See I tossed a little ABBA in there)...

Can't wait to see how you're feeling the next morning!
Old 03-19-2013, 07:21 AM   #713
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
And they pick on me for POLE Dancing !!!!Oh definately some ITSK's there !!!Isn't it fun to just be SILLY!!!!
I totally agree- it is just so fun to be silly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
Oh my! Love the dancing queens! (See I tossed a little ABBA in there)...

Can't wait to see how you're feeling the next morning!
We were fine....just exhausted and sad.....I think I may get to bed a bit earlier on the last night of this cruise!
Old 03-19-2013, 12:19 PM   #714
podsnel

In the morning, we showered up and headed out to breakfast- aka- the worst breakfast in the world. UGH. I truly hate this meal! Fortunately, because we had the late seating for dinner, we were having the late seating for breakfast- 8:15, maybe? Anyway, I had Eggs for the Road
Scrambled, fried or boiled and served with hash browns and your choice of breakfast meat (grilled sausage, grilled ham or bacon)

It took forever for the toast to come out, for some reason all the other tables had some, we did not. I really need toast for fried eggs, ya know?There was also Omelet Map
Denver, ham & cheese, plain, served with hash browns (egg beaters available upon request) Ham & cheese-

And some other omelet- plain? Cheese?

Denver-

I don't know why, but all those breakfasts just make me sad! Even now- as I get ready to sail on the Dream this coming Sunday, I am already dreading this meal.

Really, the whole reason I go is to say goodbye to the servers, who of COURSE I am very fond of by the end- even on a 4 day cruise. Omelets finished, it was time to head off- Bye Donald- see ya real soon!

Customs was not too bad, and a porter helped us with our bags which is a MUST!! Once outside, we passed by-

Oh. Boy. Do I ever wish we had gotten on that bus. Because we wanted to go back to WDW for the day, and I had booked a rental car. But.....that wasn't working well for us today, because....the Budget rental car of Cape Canaveral was having a baaaaad day. And they were spreading the joy. I guess someone had called in sick. And that resulted in total chaos, as we waited and waited and waited for the shuttle to come....at one point we were just going to hire a car service. I think we stood out there (along with a huge, long line of others) for at least an hour. With no shuttle in sight. Once the shuttle DID come, and we were fortunate enough to get ON, we got off at the other end....and there was another HUGE line for a car rental. So we waited some more. They were very nice there, and they apologized profusely- but it was soooo frustrating! We have always (my family and I) left Port Canaveral this way, and at this Budget, but it's always been somewhat painless. This time....not so much. WOW, did I ever feel guilty (though I should not have) since this was my idea.

Some people were crankier about it than others, and that's all I'll say.

Well, eventually we drove back to the Boardwalk, where Cammie had been told she could use her DME even though she had checked out 5 days ago.

Ummm...no you can't, in case you were excited about that. Cammie had been given misinformation prior to our trip from DVC- but no worries, the Boardwalk would get her a car when it was time.

She said Buh-bye and left quickly, off to Epcot.

In yet another black-cloud moment (it was just one of those days, I guess!) the bell services could not locate our checked bags from pre-cruise. Remember, we had left them here so that we wouldn't have to store them in our cabin. Well......they were MIA....I was even invited in the back to have a look around, to see if I could find them....which I could not....and after more searching by several employees, it...finally turned up! The tag had gotten ripped off, that's why it wasn't where it belonged. In these bags? Joanie & my pillows and the 3 bottles of Guavaberry we had hauled down for Miss KJ. (Pretty sure at this point she was hoping they would not turn up- less to schlep. What can I tell ya? It really was just one of those days, and we, by now, were DONE!). HAH!

Since all that rental car stuff had taken SOOO long, we did not have much time before Kara's flight. Joan and I had plenty of time left, but of course we stayed with our friend, sucking out every last minute of our peas & Carrots & corn time together, lol. We had just enough time for lunch, so we popped into Big River Grille. I was craving nachos, so I ordered Chicken Nachos - tortilla chips, creamy pepper jack cheese, sliced jalapenos, topped with pica de gallo and sour cream $11.99

They sounded good, but...they kinda weren't! Joanie ordered Blackened Mahi Mahi Sandwich* - spicy seared filet on a baked roll with lettuce, tomato and Chipotle Mayonnaise, served with kettle chips $13.50

Kara chose this, which looks like a BLT to me without all the bread, but I don't see it on the menu- maybe it was this? Roasted Turkey & Swiss* - with lettuce, tomatoes, mayonnaise and Swiss cheese on sourdough bread, served with Kettle chips. $10.50

It was sadly time for Miss Kara to go-

And she and I really lost it-

Ya know how great friendships are made on the DIS? Well...ours is one of them. We really are like peas and carrots! We just are a good fit. So sad we only get together once a year, it really REALLY is not enough.

Even with all the constant texting, phonecalling and facebooking in between. Not even close to enough. Gotta fix that, KJ....

Joanie agrees-

She was still sobbing in the car as the taxi drove her away-

And just so you know, I was crying like a baby all the way to our parked rental car waaaaaaay out there at that BW parking lot.

But Joanie and I had a couple of hours to kill, so we hopped in the car and headed over to DTD for a while. We meandered for a while, checking out the soon to be opened (although not soon enough!) Splitsville-

before we decided on the iciest, coldest brew we could find at paradiso 37-

Hmmm...we'll have to come back here sometime, it looks like we could get into some trouble- I mean, enjoy ourselves, here-

VERY empty on a Thursday afternoon in May...

We then wandered over to Raglan Road, where I was able to book our 13 person ADR for November- which I later downsized to 8...

And...it was time. Back to the lot- buh-bye DTD!

No problems filling up the tank and returning the car, boarding in no time-

And we were done- til May 2013!

I have to say, I really enjoyed being on the Dream with my girlfriends- I thought it was an excellent way to take a girls only trip! Hope we can do it again someday.....

Thanks for reading, everyone-

Much love,
Ellen

Last edited by podsnel; 03-19-2013 at 12:25 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:30 PM   #715
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

I agree that last breakfast is awful. Have a great trip with Timmy. Before you know it it will be December 28th - looking forward to hanging out with Peas & Carrots!
Old 03-19-2013, 12:42 PM   #716
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:

It was sadly time for Miss Kara to go-

And she and I really lost it-

She was still sobbing in the car as the taxi drove her away-

Now, you got me tearing up Ellen and I wasn't even there!

Wonderful trip report, as always. Really hope you do one for the trip with Timmy (since it would be interesting to see what trouble Mommy and Timmy can get into when left to their own devices!) and you MUST do a report for the DisMoms trips in May 2013. No pressure, but it's the only way I can live vicariously through you all and feel like I'm there myself.
JKSWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:17 PM   #717
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

i need to remember to not wear mascara that last day there. I hate leaving. I am dreading that last day even though it is nearly 45 days away. I am looking forward to seeing each of you. I do wish I would have been on this adventure.

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:52 PM   #718
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

NO, it can't be over yet! Go back to the DREAM! Ups, that's what you are doing soon, aren't you?

Thanks for another wonderful and fun trip report. Can't wait for your next one to start!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:02 PM   #719
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Is the cruise back on for all of you now? I know for awhile Kara couldn't come.

It sounds like a very fun trip!!!!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:32 PM   #720
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post
I agree that last breakfast is awful. Have a great trip with Timmy. Before you know it it will be December 28th - looking forward to hanging out with Peas & Carrots!
We're looking forward to hanging out with you, too! I started reading Emmebear's TR last night- the Fantasy looks GORGEOUS! Can't wait!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post

Now, you got me tearing up Ellen and I wasn't even there!

Wonderful trip report, as always. Really hope you do one for the trip with Timmy (since it would be interesting to see what trouble Mommy and Timmy can get into when left to their own devices!) and you MUST do a report for the DisMoms trips in May 2013. No pressure, but it's the only way I can live vicariously through you all and feel like I'm there myself.
Sorry- didn't mean to make you sad! Don't worry! We'll always have more fun and we'll share!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
i need to remember to not wear mascara that last day there. I hate leaving. I am dreading that last day even though it is nearly 45 days away. I am looking forward to seeing each of you. I do wish I would have been on this adventure.
It will be here before you know it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
NO, it can't be over yet! Go back to the DREAM! Ups, that's what you are doing soon, aren't you?

Thanks for another wonderful and fun trip report. Can't wait for your next one to start!
Yes I am! 3 more days til VWL! 5 more days til I am back on the Dream- which I am VERY anxious to see again. Well, I am anxious to see it all- especially since we had another snow storm yesterday- I am VERY ready for some SPRINGTIME!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Is the cruise back on for all of you now? I know for awhile Kara couldn't come.

It sounds like a very fun trip!!!!
No cruise- we cancelled because the dates did not work with Kara's work- Kara, Drea and I are staying one night at OKW May 2nd, then moving over to AKV CL for 3 nights with Lonnie & Laura- although Kara will be leaving after 2 nights there. Joanie will be down 4/30 with her DH- their kids are marching on Main St with the HS band. They are staying at BCV. And Drea arrives on May 1- staying at AS something- not sure which! But just til Kara and I arrive the next morning.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: