Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 06:47 PM   #571
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Hi all! :-) I just finished getting caught up on this thread. Didn't have any time today to do it earlier and I was in bed and asleep by 10:30 last night. Today went well. I spent the day in the English office and various teachers who teach the same classes I will be came in and got me up to speed on what I need to do the remainder of the year. This past week, the kids have had 3 different subs, so it's been crazy. I'm excited about officially starting on Monday! :-)

In Disney news...so I've heard they're planning to release a room only discount similar to the Spring discount April 2nd or thereabouts. Good for June 14-August 14 I believe? If so, the question is...do we stick with POFQ with only a 5% discount or do we change to a RGR at POR for about $100 cheaper? I'm thinking I still want to stay at FQ...?
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 03-15-2013, 06:52 PM   #572
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Hey Guys!!!

I didn't realize how much time has passed since my last post...
But, you all obviously had plenty to talk about while I was gone.
I'm going to go back and try to catch up.

I had been super busy studying for that darn test for work, so I can get a raise, and I took it on Thursday and passed!!!!

Now I can sit back and countdown to vacation! 34 more days...and we got our ME stuff today!

I can't believe how fast it's approaching! I have started packing, and I had to buy the girls new pairs of Keens and sneakers. but I think we have everything now, and I really need to dig in and pack.

Our friends are so excited about the trip, I cannot wait! Next weekend we are all making tie dye tee shirts to wear one day of our trip ~ all 9 of us!!! that will be a sight!

Hope everyone is doing well!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2013, 07:05 PM   #573
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Hey Guys!!!

I had been super busy studying for that darn test for work, so I can get a raise, and I took it on Thursday and passed!!!!

Now I can sit back and countdown to vacation! 34 more days...and we got our ME stuff today!

I can't believe how fast it's approaching! I have started packing, and I had to buy the girls new pairs of Keens and sneakers. but I think we have everything now, and I really need to dig in and pack.

Our friends are so excited about the trip, I cannot wait! Next weekend we are all making tie dye tee shirts to wear one day of our trip ~ all 9 of us!!! that will be a sight!

Congrats on passing your test! Nice to have that over with .... now it's almost vacation time!!! Be sure and post a picture of all of you in your tie dye shirts!
Old 03-15-2013, 07:12 PM   #574
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
JANET: you should join the DIVA trip it would be AWESOME to see both you AND Linda -- remember that girls Trip we were all talking about last year? And we got amazing rate for the GRAND too! doesn't get better than that
I agree you should consider coming on the Diva trip ... where else can you see 70+ ladies doing a pub crawl in orange shirts?

Here's a link to the current Diva thread for any of the RC ladies that want to find out more about the trip.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3075377
Old 03-15-2013, 08:13 PM   #575
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Hi all! :-) I just finished getting caught up on this thread. Didn't have any time today to do it earlier and I was in bed and asleep by 10:30 last night. Today went well. I spent the day in the English office and various teachers who teach the same classes I will be came in and got me up to speed on what I need to do the remainder of the year. This past week, the kids have had 3 different subs, so it's been crazy. I'm excited about officially starting on Monday! :-)

In Disney news...so I've heard they're planning to release a room only discount similar to the Spring discount April 2nd or thereabouts. Good for June 14-August 14 I believe? If so, the question is...do we stick with POFQ with only a 5% discount or do we change to a RGR at POR for about $100 cheaper? I'm thinking I still want to stay at FQ...?

Hard choice. Are you booked room only? We were and had a 20% CAA room discount. Booked directly with Disney. But......we decided to stick with FQ because we've had 3 stays at Por, and so really wanted to try FQ! So we stuck with it. Then the Stay/Play/Dine promo came out, and was priced the same as POR, so we switched discounts for FQ.

So you never know, they may again release a package that prices FQ the same as POR again.

I'd keep what you have and wait & see!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 03-15-2013, 08:32 PM   #576
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
wookie unfortunately I know those kinds of nights all too well. they really stink! I think a 7:15 breakfast will be alright since we are so close. We can leave at 6:50, which is only like 20 minutes earlier than we would leave for breakfast in the lounge or at Capt Cook's. I will get myself ready first and won't wake the kids up until like 6:20. They'll be fine, and if they aren't then tough because they're in Disney and they'll like it!
I think I liked the sleepless nights better when I was just staying up late because I wanted to. It wasn't so bad when we lived by ourselves. I would just get up, go in the living room with my laptop and watch tv as I played games on pogo. I can't do that here. If my fil refluxes, then they sleep in chairs in the living room. I have to just lay really still in bed, try not to wake the DH up, while trying to go to sleep.
Yeah, it should be easier if your closer. We were at the CBR and took a taxi over.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 03-15-2013, 10:56 PM   #577
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglets Mommy View Post
Hi everybody! I am way too far behind to try and quote everyone, so Hi and will have to do. I did read everything, but by the time I try to multiquote on this dinosaur laptop, there will be 3 more pages.

Happy Friday!!!

Martina's art show at school is tonight. She is so excited. Hopefully we can sleep in tomorrow. I don't know why, but this time change has be all messed up.

How was the show?

Quote:

$100 isn't much savings. If you are happy at FQ keep your room there, but if you have been itching to try a RGR it's a great time to try it. I am no help, am I?

Quote:
Hey Guys!!!

I was going to message you on FB tonight to see if you were ok! Glad to see you back in the swing of things here. How exciting to be SO close to your trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I think I liked the sleepless nights better when I was just staying up late because I wanted to. It wasn't so bad when we lived by ourselves. I would just get up, go in the living room with my laptop and watch tv as I played games on pogo. I can't do that here. If my fil refluxes, then they sleep in chairs in the living room. I have to just lay really still in bed, try not to wake the DH up, while trying to go to sleep.
Yeah, it should be easier if your closer. We were at the CBR and took a taxi over.
I am lucky that I keep mu iPad, laptop, and iPhone in my room so if I have sleep issues I have lots to keep me entertained. I also have my TV with my DVR, my PS, and an Apple TV. I am very entertained lol. I could stay in my room for weeks! Right now I am on the couch while my PS3 downloads a game. I'm a huge nerd.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:17 PM   #578
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247
I am lucky that I keep mu iPad, laptop, and iPhone in my room so if I have sleep issues I have lots to keep me entertained. I also have my TV with my DVR, my PS, and an Apple TV. I am very entertained lol. I could stay in my room for weeks! Right now I am on the couch while my PS3 downloads a game. I'm a huge nerd.
I had my iPhone and my Kindle Fire. I couldn't watch anything b/c I lost my earbuds and only have my big gaming headset, which doesn't work on my iPhone or Kindle Fire. My phone was almost dead and I don't have a plug in close enough to charge while using it in bed. Honestly, I just know realizes, I could have read one of the books on my KF.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 03-15-2013, 11:19 PM   #579
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
How was the show?

$100 isn't much savings. If you are happy at FQ keep your room there, but if you have been itching to try a RGR it's a great time to try it. I am no help, am I?

I was going to message you on FB tonight to see if you were ok! Glad to see you back in the swing of things here. How exciting to be SO close to your trip!

I am A-OK!

Oh, and congrats on your Poly CL room...as if I didn't know that was going to happen...

I know you hate the new design, but I LOVE it. I despised the old and that's what really kept me from staying there....but now, Poly is back on our radar!!

Things are about to get very busy for DH at work and right straight through March next year, so now our plan for a return trip is either June or August 2014 and we want to do 2 WEEKS!!! (With one of those weeks being at the Poly CL)!!!

I think we are going to buy a new set of AP's before the rate increase and not activate them until we go next summer and then we will also go either in Feb or April 2015....I'm pretty psyched!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 03-15-2013, 11:26 PM   #580
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I had my iPhone and my Kindle Fire. I couldn't watch anything b/c I lost my earbuds and only have my big gaming headset, which doesn't work on my iPhone or Kindle Fire. My phone was almost dead and I don't have a plug in close enough to charge while using it in bed. Honestly, I just know realizes, I could have read one of the books on my KF.
lol!!!! It's only Lily and I in my room, and she sleeps like a freakin log! As long as she has her "bees" near her she will stay asleep.

Are you into zombies and stuff? I bought the book World War Z, but haven't read it yet. I have heard great things about it though!

Quote:
I am A-OK!

Oh, and congrats on your Poly CL room...as if I didn't know that was going to happen...

I know you hate the new design, but I LOVE it. I despised the old and that's what really kept me from staying there....but now, Poly is back on our radar!!

Things are about to get very busy for DH at work and right straight through March next year, so now our plan for a return trip is either June or August 2014 and we want to do 2 WEEKS!!! (With one of those weeks being at the Poly CL)!!!

I think we are going to buy a new set of AP's before the rate increase and not activate them until we go next summer and then we will also go either in Feb or April 2015....I'm pretty psyched!
No one ever saw me booking a Poly CL room! It's totally out of character for me!

The rooms just have no Polynesian or tropical flair anymore. And they just look so....yuck. I have to see them in person, but it reminds me of a hospital room.

Hopefully you will stay there and catch the Poly bug!!!
Old 03-15-2013, 11:30 PM   #581
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
lol!!!! It's only Lily and I in my room, and she sleeps like a freakin log! As long as she has her "bees" near her she will stay asleep.

Are you into zombies and stuff? I bought the book World War Z, but haven't read it yet. I have heard great things about it though!

No one ever saw me booking a Poly CL room! It's totally out of character for me!

The rooms just have no Polynesian or tropical flair anymore. And they just look so....yuck. I have to see them in person, but it reminds me of a hospital room.

Hopefully you will stay there and catch the Poly bug!!!
There are turtle tiles...

No seriously, I hope you end up falling in love with the new design. I could definitely see that happening for me.

PAST TRIPS:
Old 03-15-2013, 11:34 PM   #582
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
There are turtle tiles...

No seriously, I hope you end up falling in love with the new design. I could definitely see that happening for me.
Regardless of the room design, the CL CM's are amazing, the resort grounds are extremely magical, and the resort holds so much nostalgia for us. I will always love it as a whole, despite not liking certain aspects. I can't wait to hear a big cheery "ALOHA!" when we step off the ME bus! You can't walk 5 feet without being greeted by someone there. Maybe in 2014 we will be there at the same time!
Old 03-15-2013, 11:36 PM   #583
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI.2, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetB View Post
Magic, well you must get Mom over to the POLY pronto! btw, we have never stayed there either... that POLY pull has been pulling me for a loong time... Maybe this year?? ...Please know we will keep your uncle in our thoughts and prayers...
JanetB, thanks for the good juju for my uncle. And as for POLY, this is another wrong that must be righted... ... and I am just the gal to help YOU, too. Just say the word...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Magic-I was sorry to hear about your Uncle’s illness. Hope they will be able to provide him with good treatment.
Thank you Gwynne. I think much more was going on than he'd let on and I think it is pretty advanced at this point.

Quote:
With a few of us booked at the Poly for our upcoming trips, here are a few of my favorite shots from last August.
Dani, those photos were lovely. They got me all tweaked up for a Poly stay. And I like your mix of ADRs too. ... Your "broken bra" sounds like a serious issue. Hope "they're" back up and running by now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Magic: I'm sorry your uncle's going through a rough time. Positive vibes his way. (Does he not like the MRI tube? I know someone else who feels the same way.
Thanks Miss, I hear ya. Yeah, I did 3/4 of one () and will never go back into a closed MRI. it seems my uncle freaked out twice days before they even started the morphine and now he is uncontrollable on that. Tough road ahead. ...Keep forgetting to congratulate MissM. Way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
A surprise for Brian... Its still one night at AsSP, then ...drum roll.... one night WL Honeymoon Room and OFC!!
Great change Pas130 befitting of your status! Happy Birthday to Brian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglets Mommy View Post
Martina's art show at school is tonight. She is so excited. Hopefully we can sleep in tomorrow. I don't know why, but this time change has be all messed up.
I am just getting over the time change now. Applause for Martina's art show. As a art major myself, I hold a soft spot for all budding artists.

Quote:
I had been super busy studying for that darn test for work, so I can get a raise, and I took it on Thursday and passed!!!! Now I can sit back and countdown to vacation! 34 more days...and we got our ME stuff today!
Congrats on passing your test. WDW is so close, now is the fun month countdown part.

Quote:
I'd stick with FQ. You've got all it's charms lasered into your brain already.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:38 PM   #584
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
JanetB, thanks for the good juju for my uncle. And as for POLY, this is another wrong that must be righted... ... and I am just the gal to help YOU, too. Just say the word...

Thank you Gwynne. I think much more was going on than he'd let on and I think it is pretty advanced at this point.

Dani, those photos were lovely. They got me all tweaked up for a Poly stay. And I like your mix of ADRs too. ... Your "broken bra" sounds like a serious issue. Hope "they're" back up and running by now!

Thanks Miss, I hear ya. Yeah, I did 3/4 of one () and will never go back into a closed MRI. it seems my uncle freaked out twice days before they even started the morphine and now he is uncontrollable on that. Tough road ahead. ...Keep forgetting to congratulate MissM. Way to go!

Great change Pas130 befitting of your status! Happy Birthday to Brian.

I am just getting over the time change now. Applause for Martina's art show. As a art major myself, I hold a soft spot for all budding artists.

Congrats on passing your test. WDW is so close, now is the fun month countdown part.

I'd stick with FQ. You've got all it's charms lasered into your brain already.
I drank too many beers at dinner and didn't get to buy a bra at the mall! I am perusing the internet for some now.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:39 AM   #585
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

This is waaaay overdue! I've finally figured out a little bit of photobucket, so I hope this posts. It was on our trip -- Oct 6, 2012, I believe when this was taken. One of the highlights of my trip was meeting our beautiful Deena, sweet Lacey and dear Ginny

I so hope I'm blessed to meet more of you in the future! Love you gals, my RCer family rocks

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: