Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 06:45 PM   #2101
ready2vacation
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DisneyBuggs
I'm probably strange but I miss the old room. I looked at tikiman's pictures and nothing really spectacular happened. LOL I don't like the bathroom- the tub tile looks like a hospital and the rest I just don't care for. The beds look too sterile- not enough color. Some palm trees would be nice. The room is brighter which is nice but it needs more oomph.
Me too!! I am trying to decide if we want to change resorts or do a split. We spend a lot of time in the room and it is so dull to me
Old 03-14-2013, 07:18 PM   #2102
mickey2minnie1
DIS Veteran

I went back to Poly thread and compared pics. The check in is gorgeous and elegant with the new carpet and decor. I love that the rooms are fresh and airy.
Nov/Dec 2010 5 nights at the Poly with my 3 children
June 2010 3 nights at the Poly w/ DH
Oct/Nov 2009 8 nights at the Poly GVCL
Oct/Nov 2007 9 nights at the Poly

Me DH DS 17 DS 14 DD 12 Sebastian 6
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 08:46 PM   #2103
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DisneyBuggs View Post
I'm probably strange but I miss the old room. I looked at tikiman's pictures and nothing really spectacular happened. LOL I don't like the bathroom- the tub tile looks like a hospital and the rest I just don't care for. The beds look too sterile- not enough color. Some palm trees would be nice. The room is brighter which is nice but it needs more oomph.
I agree . It looks almost like it is not done yet? Perhaps this was just rushed out to be on time? Something is just missing, again not awful but, ehh...

Old 03-14-2013, 10:50 PM   #2104
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead
We also were required to remove our shoes
ctober is our favorite time of year!!

We may be the odd ones out here, but we like the new refurb - although I do agree that they need to add something more "tropical". We'll be there mid-late May so will see how they actually look in person.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:55 PM   #2105
Lulu'sMom
You.Had.Me.At. Sticky.Mickey. ~And DOLE WHIPS too!

Well, it's been 9 years since we've stayed at the Poly and I went ahead this evening and just did it. I booked the GV CL for our anniversary!
DH picked out the Poly, saying, these are his words, this is the resort we started at 20 years ago, it's only right we stay here now.

Showed him the new rehab pictures and he liked the new look, you know, he likes everything, lol. I think he's really looking forward to the CL, he always loved that lounge. We've enjoyed the Tonga longhouse many times throughout the years, but there is something about the first place you stayed at WDW that warms your heart!

Just cannot believe we'll be there in 2 1/2 weeks!!!!

♥♥JungleCruiser,Sarah, remembering you always!♥♥

Old 03-14-2013, 11:22 PM   #2106
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu'sMom View Post
Well, it's been 9 years since we've stayed at the Poly and I went ahead this evening and just did it. I booked the GV CL for our anniversary!
DH picked out the Poly, saying, these are his words, this is the resort we started at 20 years ago, it's only right we stay here now.

Showed him the new rehab pictures and he liked the new look, you know, he likes everything, lol. I think he's really looking forward to the CL, he always loved that lounge. We've enjoyed the Tonga longhouse many times throughout the years, but there is something about the first place you stayed at WDW that warms your heart!

Just cannot believe we'll be there in 2 1/2 weeks!!!!
How exciting!!! My family loves the Hawaii building. I am surprising my DS with it in June! He thinks we are staying at a value, but I secretly have us booked GV CL at the Poly! Isn't it great giving your loved one the gift of Disney magic?
Old 03-15-2013, 06:25 AM   #2107
angbuz
Mouseketeer

Just wondering WHEN is a good time to put in a request for a particular building and HOW do I go about doing so? We are going in August and would really like to be in Samoa. I know there's no guarantee that we'll get it, but would like to at least put in a request. Thanks in advance for any information for this Poly newbie!!
August 2010 - BC
August 2013 - POLY :
Old 03-15-2013, 07:17 AM   #2108
psac
DIS Veteran

I actually like the new decor. I think it does look more modern (which the old rooms needed), and I like the huge counter in the bathroom. I'm glad they didn't put in anything TOO modern like the awful sinks in the Contemporary. The only thing that gets me a little bit is the tiki images on the wall in the bathroom sort of look like giant beetles coming to attack.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 03-15-2013, 08:04 AM   #2109
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angbuz View Post
Just wondering WHEN is a good time to put in a request for a particular building and HOW do I go about doing so? We are going in August and would really like to be in Samoa. I know there's no guarantee that we'll get it, but would like to at least put in a request. Thanks in advance for any information for this Poly newbie!!
I usually put my requests in when I make the reservation, but you can add them at any time. Just call and tell them you'd like to make some requests. When you check in, if your request isn't granted, you can always ask if a room in Samoa would be available later in the day (if you're willing to wait for your room). Good luck.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 03-15-2013, 01:02 PM   #2110
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

First Poly Reservation

Just put in our first Poly Reservation for the beginning of December! It's also our first split stay, we start December 2nd at the Poly club level for 4 nights and then move to BWV for 6 nights. So excited to start planning our adventure!

me miss J my little princess (2)
Old 03-15-2013, 01:30 PM   #2111
cgh
Mouseketeer

I much prefer the new rooms. That bedspread was really making me NOT want to stay there. The updates put us solidly at the Poly for May 2014. The last time I went to WDW was in 1989 and we were at the Poly then too!
Old 03-15-2013, 03:22 PM   #2112
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

After staying at the Poly numerous times in the same building, Tokelau, since the last renovation, I definitely noticed the wear and tear on the rooms so I am glad they are at least updating the rooms with new items. I HOPE they checked the outlets too!!! Because so many were loose it was scary

While the pictures of the Hawaii rooms aren't making me jump up and down with excitement, honestly the pictures of the old rooms didn't either. It looked so much better in person. In the pictures, the 'old' decor looks brown and boring so I'm going to reserve (MOST of my) judgement until I see the rooms in person (which I hope to see this May).

I do wonder though, are the pictures that are posted of the Hawaii room, are those the decor that will be in the non-concierge rooms too? Most hotels I stay at have added amenties in the concierge rooms but they essentially look the same but I wasn't sure if that would be the case here.

I was worried when I heard that they were going to put 2 sinks in all the rooms because I liked my 1 sink in Tokelau so I had room on the counter for my stuff. But after seeing the pictures of the room, it looks really good because the counter covers the entire length of the bathroom and it looks like a good amount of space in between the sinks as well.

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 03-15-2013, 04:39 PM   #2113
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringingUpDisney View Post
Just put in our first Poly Reservation for the beginning of December! It's also our first split stay, we start December 2nd at the Poly club level for 4 nights and then move to BWV for 6 nights. So excited to start planning our adventure!
Congrats on booking the Poly....it's an awesome resort and I'm sure you'll love it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgh View Post
I much prefer the new rooms. That bedspread was really making me NOT want to stay there. The updates put us solidly at the Poly for May 2014. The last time I went to WDW was in 1989 and we were at the Poly then too!
I'm sure you'll love your stay. It will be like trying a new resort with the refurb and since it's been awhile since you've been there .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 03-15-2013, 05:46 PM   #2114
angbuz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1

I usually put my requests in when I make the reservation, but you can add them at any time. Just call and tell them you'd like to make some requests. When you check in, if your request isn't granted, you can always ask if a room in Samoa would be available later in the day (if you're willing to wait for your room). Good luck.
Thank you! I will call and put in my request. Fingers crossed!!!
August 2010 - BC
August 2013 - POLY :
Old 03-16-2013, 10:45 AM   #2115
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angbuz View Post
Thank you! I will call and put in my request. Fingers crossed!!!
You're welcome. Good luck and I hope you get your requests .

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: