Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 09:59 PM   #16
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
The bounce back offer currently is a page in the Be Our Guest book they hand you when you check in.

We stayed at POR, Kidani, SSR, and VWL this time and we got the exact same bounceback offer in the booklet you mention, at checkin, each time. The offer is along with a pull-out poster.

I learned a couple trips ago that it's important to read the stuff given to you when you check in, when I didn't know that Universal had a shuttle van (and it became important to us) but it was *right there* in the materials given to us. So now I read through everything!

If only I had thought about when a future trip would be good, or had had a moment to think about it and book something. So many dates in the offer and we're out of DVC points until 2015 (or 2014 if we borrow)..and I left without booking anything.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:01 PM   #17
seashell7290
Earning My Ears

My bounceback I recently booked was in that guide they give you with your check in packet. It was in the center of the packet.
seashell7290 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 10:07 PM   #18
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktlm View Post
If you don't have a flyer in the room and you don't ask the front desk if they have one, don't just trust the front desk if they tell you one isn't available. We've had that happen before. We were on the hunt for one a couple of years ago. I knew there was a bounceback available because of the disboards. We asked 2 different CMs at the front desk on different days and they both told us if there wasn't a card in our room, there wasn't one available. One of the CMs even looked around at the front desk area and said there must not be one. I knew there was because of the DIS. I finally figured out to just call 8844 and of course there was one available and we booked it. The phone line CM also told us that we probably would have had better luck with housekeeping than the front desk, since it is housekeeping that puts them in the rooms. She said it didn't suprise her that the front desk didn't know since they don't do the bounceback booking or the card distribution.

Actually, I think a lot of cards disappear from the rooms because people book the bounceback and then take the card with them so they have the bounceback dates in case they later decide they want to try to change their trip dates (guilty)...or in the case of my DD when she was a toddler because she liked the clock and the white rabbit that used to be on the card and insisted on keeping it. I had no clue until much later that it wasn't routine to put a new card in the room when a new guest came in or at least to check to make sure the original was there and replace it if it wasn't. I had always thought they were guest specific, but they aren't.
I remember those days, when the bounceback offer would be a card or a letter either waiting in the room or slipped under the door. But now it is included with the welcome book that they hand you at check in. They must have had too many cases of disappearing offers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioWDWDuo View Post
With this bounce back, can the dining plan be added without purchasing tickets? Thanks!
It didn't say anything about dining in the offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaarin View Post
does anyone think the dates listed will be the dates when they discount rooms as well?
No, I don't think they will be the same dates as what will be offered to the general public. There is a somewhat creditable rumor going around that there will be a new discount coming out on April 2nd which will cover the dates of June 13 to Aug 14th. It is different than the bounce back dates.

My friends the summer offer will be

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:09 PM   #19
AuroraRora
Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
If only I had thought about when a future trip would be good, or had had a moment to think about it and book something. So many dates in the offer and we're out of DVC points until 2015 (or 2014 if we borrow)..and I left without booking anything.
I didn't really have much of a clue when I wanted to go either, I just figured October would be good since it was about 6 months from the May trip I have planned. I'm hoping my siblings can join me but I've no idea what their college break dates are looking like, so I just booked a random 6-night stay in October. I'll switch the dates around later once I have a better idea of when I'll be going. I've already called and changed my resort twice in the 4 days since I booked the bounceback

I don't think it's a problem to take the bounceback flyer home with you - every person checking in is given a new welcome back with it inside. I actually think if someone left their flyer behind, mousekeeping would throw it out as the cleaned the room. I took mine with me because I wanted to see the dates later when I made changes.
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:16 PM   #20
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioWDWDuo View Post
With this bounce back, can the dining plan be added without purchasing tickets? Thanks!
Unless you book with an AP rate, militarty package or DVC stay, you must make a minimum ticket purchase to add any type of dining plan to a package. If you are not in the afore mentioned categories, you must buy at least a one day base ticket for everyone in the room ages 3 and up to purchase a dining plan.

Room % off discounts can be used to book room only stays or package stays. The discount is the same either way, as it applies only to the room portion.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:28 PM   #21
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraRora View Post
I didn't really have much of a clue when I wanted to go either, I just figured October would be good since it was about 6 months from the May trip I have planned. I'm hoping my siblings can join me but I've no idea what their college break dates are looking like, so I just booked a random 6-night stay in October. I'll switch the dates around later once I have a better idea of when I'll be going. I've already called and changed my resort twice in the 4 days since I booked the bounceback

We had never considered booking a bounce back in the past. We usually don't go every year. And I never wanted to commit that far in advance. But after finding the DIS and learning that you can change your dates after you book it, I decided to consider getting the bounce back when we were there in February. So I found out what the dates would be before we left for vacation. We checked our schedules, talked about when and where, and decided to book the bounce back for December. The CM I talked to said that I would not get a better discount than this.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:16 AM   #22
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't think it's a problem to take the bounceback flyer home with you - every person checking in is given a new welcome back with it inside. I actually think if someone left their flyer behind, mousekeeping would throw it out as the cleaned the room. I took mine with me because I wanted to see the dates later when I made changes.
We had nothing left in any of the rooms; our offer was in the booklets given to us at checkin in the folders.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:29 PM   #23
iambrink
Mouseketeer

If you stay at Disney towards the end of the year are the bounceback dates extended into the next year? We will be there in November and then again in April, so if there is an offer during our November stay I would like to book for April.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:39 PM   #24
AuroraRora
Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambrink
If you stay at Disney towards the end of the year are the bounceback dates extended into the next year? We will be there in November and then again in April, so if there is an offer during our November stay I would like to book for April.
Most likely you'd get a Fall bounceback flyer that would extend into the following Spring
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
Old 03-16-2013, 01:14 AM   #25
MichelleWDWfan
Mouseketeer

They used to always leave the bounceback flyer on the table in the room.
Now it seems they have converted it to be in your welcome booklet.

I just got back from 7 days at Disney, and the bounceback offer was the one a PP mentioned for % off of Deluxe and Moderate resorts.
There was no mention of Value resorts.

Me DS 19

March 2009 - AS Movies, March 2010 = POP, August 2010 - POP, March 2011 - POP,
Dec 2011 - POP (MVMCP), July 2012 - POR, March 2013 - POP, Sept 2013 - POP (MNSSHP),
March 2014 - POP, May 2014 Rock Your Disney Side! 24 hr event - POP
Oct. 2014 Split stays at AKL, AOA, & ASM
MichelleWDWfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:06 AM   #26
AuroraRora
Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleWDWfan
I just got back from 7 days at Disney, and the bounceback offer was the one a PP mentioned for % off of Deluxe and Moderate resorts.
The flyer doesn't mention it (sneaky Disney) but if you call, there is a Values discount too, I believe its about 25%. I hoped Values would be included and called to check, and the CM got me set up with a bounceback for Pop in October
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
Old 03-16-2013, 05:20 AM   #27
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambrink View Post
Last year the Bounceback for Nov was free DDP for Fall 2013. They didn't switch to the current 2013 offer until early Dec.
lovesdumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:56 AM   #28
KELLY
DIS Veteran

We didn't have one in our room last year. But I got the extension before we left and just called it when we arrived. Then I just asked to book the BB promo.

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
KELLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:58 AM   #29
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleWDWfan View Post
They used to always leave the bounceback flyer on the table in the room.
Now it seems they have converted it to be in your welcome booklet.

There was no mention of the value resorts on the flyer for the free dining last year either. But they were included. At the end of our stay a flyer finally showed up. But I was able to book pop with free dining.

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
KELLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:58 AM   #30
Blessedwithboys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Most likely you'd get a Fall bounceback flyer that would extend into the following Spring
OOoo!! How far out do the bouncebacks normally go? Like 6 months out? 9 months?? We are going in September and I am hoping the BB offer will be for May we would love to take my oldest to Star Wars weekend but want it to be a short trip since I am not into the crowds
Blessedwithboys is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: