Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 01:18 PM   #556
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by janet b View Post
ok, just in, an update from our fearless leader... She asked me to post her change ...as she's laying down for a much needed nap...

So for her two night quickie trip...

its still one night at assp,
then ...drum roll.... One night wl honeymoon room and ofc!!

A surprise for brian...but nothing our pas does should surprise him by now...
wonderful!!! I approve!!!
Old 03-15-2013, 01:25 PM   #557
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Too funny, Janet - just about to spill Jeanette's WL beans, too. Happy birthday, Brian!!

Lulu'sMom: I was so happy to see you posting to the WL thread and here, too. I just LOVE your new signature and ticker. I can't wait to see a pas130/Lulu'sMom RC meet-up photo. Can you have a Lapu Lapu?

Hello to all RC posters and lurkers alike - have a great weekend
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2013, 01:50 PM   #558
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Lulu'sMom... have a great time down on the ranch..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Janet: Thanks for the congrats! I let Miss M read your message and she was chuffed to bits. Is the Poly in your future?
Miss M deserves all the kuddos she's getting! We hope some day it will be!

Quote:
I'm curious. I've got the DING app installed on my PC. Has anyone ever got anything decent, deal-wise, by using it?

I just realized what the sound was not too long ago -- after being perplexed for a couple of months every time my (normally completely quiet) PC made a random noise. So, with that mental hurdle out of the way, every time I click on their latest offer, it seems to be to Greater Sticks or Boondock City.
Miss, it took me quite a while until I found out my car's "ding" was the signal that my gas tank was low and here I thought it was my text signal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I don't have DING on my computer but I was playing around for spring airfares and looks like some have dropped for April and May. Delta is also running a spring sale. But I'm being good and not booking anything! So proud of myself ... little pat on the back please.
Good for you .. it must be rough ...

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 03-15-2013, 01:56 PM   #559
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

It is rough!!! I've got two weeks of timeshare that I have to use up ... one expires in Sept and one in Oct. These were free weeks ... will only cost about $250 for a one bedroom for the week .... so it's very limited as to where I can go but Orlando is one of the places I can use the certificates at every month except July. They're also good in Palm Springs and that would be a much cheaper vacation.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:57 PM   #560
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday Brian!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Too funny, Janet - just about to spill Jeanette's WL beans, too. Happy birthday, Brian!!

Lulu'sMom: I was so happy to see you posting to the WL thread and here, too. I just LOVE your new signature and ticker. I can't wait to see a pas130/Lulu'sMom RC meet-up photo. Can you have a Lapu Lapu?

Hello to all RC posters and lurkers alike - have a great weekend
Kook, asked Pas twice, as felt so sure she would want to proclaim the news herself, but our queen was tired and needs to be at work at 7pm for a loong night ...she wanted everyone to know her excitment STAT!!

and Really for Jeannette, she held out fairly long before making this change!

TY Kook!
Old 03-15-2013, 01:57 PM   #561
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It is rough!!! I've got two weeks of timeshare that I have to use up ... one expires in Sept and one in Oct. These were free weeks ... will only cost about $250 for a one bedroom for the week .... so it's very limited as to where I can go but Orlando is one of the places I can use the certificates at every month except July. They're also good in Palm Springs and that would be a much cheaper vacation.

GG
-May I say I love your life? Choices, choices, and all good options! Have fun deciding!!

TY Kook!
Old 03-15-2013, 01:59 PM   #562
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
hmm...you COULD come in August...just sayin'

TY Kook!
Old 03-15-2013, 02:00 PM   #563
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Happy Birthday Brian!!

Kook, asked Pas twice, as felt so sure she would want to proclaim the news herself, but our queen was tired and needs to be at work at 7pm for a loong night ...she wanted everyone to know her excitment STAT!!

and Really for Jeannette, she held out fairly long before making this change!
Thanks for the update Janet!

Even when totally exhausted, Pas, our Queen of Resort Changing has hit the speed dial and made that call. Sounds like a great plan!

TY Kook!

Last edited by gwynne; 03-15-2013 at 02:07 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:03 PM   #564
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post

GG
-May I say I love your life? Choices, choices, and all good options! Have fun deciding!!

I'm pretty happy with my life except that money tree just isn't producing enough to keep up the life style I wish I had!!!
Old 03-15-2013, 02:05 PM   #565
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
hmm...you COULD come in August...just sayin'
August is another idea but ..... but some people just can't get their dates set! Silly school schedule!!!
Old 03-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #566
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I am shaking right now! I just had to call the cops. I was laying with Lily and heard what sounded like someone getting hit and then screaming. I couldn't see out the window at the moment, but I didn't want to wait until I could see so I called 911. I told the the facts, I heard banging and screaming but couldn't see what was going in. It was definitely on my block, but not necessarily in front of my house. I left my name and number so they knew I wasn't a prank call. Cops come, I'm able to get away from Lily and see what the commotion is. The alcoholic lady across the street was slamming her door and screaming. Apparently her husband locker her out. I know it probably seems silly to call the cops over it, but I get very nervous with my littles in the house, and it is 1 in the morning! The cops got her straightened out and left, thankfully. I hate calling the cops and never do it, but if I feel that someone's safety is threatened I will definitely do it!
I am so glad it wasn't something more serious. You calling the cops wasn't silly at all. You couldn't see what was going on, and thought someone was in danger. If they had been, you could have saved their life. I would have done the same thing.

Quote:
That seriously stinks. I am still waiting on my state return. I will have to call tomorrow because for 3 days now the site says no info is available. If I owed them money they would be banging down my door.
I'm just glad I don't have to deal with state taxes. I have a friend from the DIS June 2012 FB page that has to do state taxes in two states plus federal.

Quote:
Get some rest!!!
It ended up being one of those night where as soon as my head hit the pillow, I was wide awake.

Quote:
Okay so for anyone who is curious here is how our trip is currently mapped out:

5/31- arrival day

MK in the afternoon
'Ohana dinner 9:30
Possibly back to MK as they are open until 11 and then have PM EMH

6/1-
MK rope drop
Crystal Palace breakfast 9:25
Afternoon swim, evening apps
EPCOT at night

6/2-
Chef Mickey's breakfast 7:15 ()
No plans yet for rest of the day

6/3-
Studios for RD
50's Prime Time lunch at 11:25
afternoon break/swim
No plans for evening yet. Either DTD or swimming and enjoying the Poly

6/4-
EPCOT for RD
Le Cellier lunch 1:25
Cry all night because we leave the next day

6/5-
Kona Cafe breakfast
Do anything that is left on to do list before flight home.Since we have a later flight home we won't get picked up by ME until around 3:30 so we basically can do almost anything. Will probably hit MK one last time.

How do my plans look?
Sound like a great plan. We did a 7:15 AM ADR at Chef Mickey's on our first trip. I think my three guys would kill me if I tried that now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
We have to post 2 times weekly, but I try to go on at least once a day..the papers kill me. I am a "free writer" then I rough draft, then type...it's just how I roll...old school
I wish we just had to do 2 posts. Normally it's a minimum of 6 total "quality" post. What quality means depends on the professor. With on of them, you had to have at least one source per post and a minimum of 100 words.

Normally what I do on my papers, is I plan to get them written early, then I procrastinate. The day it's due (Sunday by 11:59 PM), I write it and edit as I go. Then I plan on editing it further, but then my give a darn breaks and I just submit it after making sure it meets the length requirements. Then I pretend to "edit" it while watching movie on my laptop and tell the DH I can't play SW:tOR with him since I am working on my paper, but in reality it's already been turned in. Luckily, I have gotten all A's with this method.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu'sMom View Post
letthewookiewin~I hate tax time! Plus, you are going to school, too! WOW!
I do hope you get FD, it really helps alot of families.
Now I have to decide if I want to opt in to the class action lawsuit a law firm is heading up because of the situation with the 8863 form screw up. My sister says to go ahead an opt in, so I may do that.

My DH told me last night, "no Free Dining for our dates, move the trip to dates that have it. No Free Dining at all, no Disney this year."

Quote:
Wookie, fyi, your dates are included in the FD BB from last August and are historically included in the public FD offering .. which should be realeased soon if Disney will be offering it (can't see why they wouldn't after many years of it...)
I know, it's just with my fried brain I thought 8/28 was September 28, which would have been after our dates. Once my brain was working right, I realized our dates were withing the normal time they have offered FD. Hopefully, they will offer it, as the DH has made it clear he will cancel our trip otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Wookie-Glad you got the month straightened out. Fatigue will do that to ya, getting extra rest is a good idea.
That it will. I ended up sleeping until 1 PM today. As soon as my head hit the pillow I was wide awake and didn't fall asleep until closer to 5 or 6 AM. Then, the DH's alarm woke me up at 8 AM. As soon as he was off to work, I went back to sleep until 1 PM. I could have slept more, but decided against it.

Quote:
So pretty!!

Quote:
I think I could sit on one of these chairs all day...especially if I could get someone to keep bringing me Lapu Lapus all day.

Quote:
Wookie: How ya feeling today? IRS always seems to bork something up... and when they don't, by some major miracle, bork something up for you one year, rest assured they'll bork something up for 10 more folks to make up for it. I'm probably on a list now for typing that in an open forum.
I am feeling better today, thank you for asking. If I could just get rid of the cough and feeling like I can't breath. The problem with this issue is that I'm not totally sure you messed it up. I keep hearing it was H&R Block, but then they tell me it was the IRS.

Quote:
OK, just in, an update from our fearless leader... she asked me to post her change ...as she's laying down for a much needed nap...

So for her two night quickie trip...

its still one night at AsSP,
then ...drum roll.... one night WL Honeymoon Room and OFC!!

A surprise for Brian...but nothing our Pas does should surprise him by now...
That is awesome!!

Quote:
I'm pretty happy with my life except that money tree just isn't producing enough to keep up the life style I wish I had!!!
I'm having the same problem.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 03-15-2013, 03:25 PM   #567
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Hi everybody! I am way too far behind to try and quote everyone, so Hi and will have to do. I did read everything, but by the time I try to multiquote on this dinosaur laptop, there will be 3 more pages.

Happy Friday!!!

Martina's art show at school is tonight. She is so excited. Hopefully we can sleep in tomorrow. I don't know why, but this time change has be all messed up.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:40 PM   #568
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglets Mommy View Post
Hi everybody! I am way too far behind to try and quote everyone, so Hi and will have to do. I did read everything, but by the time I try to multiquote on this dinosaur laptop, there will be 3 more pages.

Happy Friday!!!

Martina's art show at school is tonight. She is so excited. Hopefully we can sleep in tomorrow. I don't know why, but this time change has be all messed up.
I understand ... sometimes trying to multiquote just gets overwhelming.

Enjoy the art show .... sounds like a fun evening.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:40 PM   #569
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

wookie unfortunately I know those kinds of nights all too well. they really stink! I think a 7:15 breakfast will be alright since we are so close. We can leave at 6:50, which is only like 20 minutes earlier than we would leave for breakfast in the lounge or at Capt Cook's. I will get myself ready first and won't wake the kids up until like 6:20. They'll be fine, and if they aren't then tough because they're in Disney and they'll like it!

As per Janet's request, I've got a shiny new ticker!!! I am off to dinner with my cousin who is visiting from college this weekend. Then we are going to the mall since I broke my only bra.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:43 PM   #570
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

JANET: you should join the DIVA trip it would be AWESOME to see both you AND Linda -- remember that girls Trip we were all talking about last year? And we got amazing rate for the GRAND too! doesn't get better than that

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: