Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 01:07 PM   #76
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregger View Post
Not sure if mentioned before but did you see the price increase of the DDP? We are booked at the POFQ with a pin code for end of Aug and I added a sit down dining and it increased the cost by $2000!!! This is a $500 +/- increase and QS is now $1500 for a family of 4......
Yup, I saw it. It's really crazy. I guess as long as the restaurants keep booking up at 180 days they'll keep jacking the price until they reach the breaking point.

FYI - last night I saw the end of a new commercial for Disney. It looks like they are offering room discounts for specific summer dates. I didn't catch the whole thing, but will keep watching to see if it comes on again. It was while DD was watching Disney Channel. Not trying to start a rumor or anything, but if anyone has seen the commercial, I'd be interested to hear the full offer. Offer expired on 6/30/13 per the announcement.

mm1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:16 PM   #77
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
Well, I sat down and did my math on our places of choice.
With the dining plan I would pay 770 for two adults. Dining plan includes tax but not tipping. When I figure out OOP I have to figure in the tax.
We decided we will not get a dessert with each meal and still allow for 1 snack each day.

the dining plan is giving us 7 sit downs, 7 counters and 7 snacks.

our choices include Cinderellas castle which costs 2 sit down credits. Bringing our meals to 13 meals and 7 snacks.

so OOP gives me 15 meals- one of which is Castle dining and 6 snacks for the same price of 770.
So you are saying you get 2 more meals and one less snack to go OOP? Just trying to make sure I understand.

I ran our numbers as well and if we pay OOP we would spend about $300 less than paying for the free dining. The room discount would be $345 so without FD, we spend less if we go OOP by $645. If they do end up offering FD, we'll go with the dining for convenience.

mm1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 01:24 PM   #78
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
So you are saying you get 2 more meals and one less snack to go OOP? Just trying to make sure I understand.

I ran our numbers as well and if we pay OOP we would spend about $300 less than paying for the free dining. The room discount would be $345 so without FD, we spend less if we go OOP by $645. If they do end up offering FD, we'll go with the dining for convenience.
I am not counting on free dining. I have to figure out if I want to pay for it or OOP as we go along.
Free dining has not one time been offered this year-- and its March.
Of Course- if they do offer it I will take it because after all 770 is a huge hunk of change. and then we are short two meals-- that we will still pay out of pocket.

When figuring the plan-- the plan includes a dessert. I can not see me wanting a dessert with our two meals EVERY day PLUS that snack.
I know when we went in sept 2010 we had free dining.. we never touched the snack credit- we ate that dessert EVERY time.. and was sluggish afterwards from being too full instead of comfortable.. all that I took into consideration.. so that itself was a 10 per person savings every day.

I also factored in a 5.00 pp snack for each day. my 770 is based on two adults

Last edited by serene56; 03-14-2013 at 01:35 PM.
serene56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:25 PM   #79
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2faith View Post
Comments like this make me very upset.

Free Dining is FREE. There is no hidden cost, no increased rate for other part of the packages, just FREE DINING.

There may be other discounts that work better for you, your family or your travel plans, but Free Dining is FREE.

I really do not understand why people say it is not.
I agree we stay at pop and for the past 3 years have just stuck with the QSDP. I'm not big on ADR's so it works well for us. Last year the room discount at pop was 5 percent. We go for 14 nights free QSDP saves us 1455.00 this year for 2 adults and 2 Disney kids.

Many Trips the past 6 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6

Last edited by KELLY; 03-17-2013 at 02:58 PM.
KELLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:37 PM   #80
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

For those of you trying to run the numbers and decide whether to pay OOP for meals or to purchase the DDP, this is a great thread:
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...ing+calculator

Because of the configuration of our family and the way we dine, it would be a lot more $$ to pay for the DDP as opposed to paying OOP as we go.

Just keep in mind this does not factor in the refillable mugs, so add $15 pp if you plan on buying those.

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:07 AM   #81
alimbrogno
Mouseketeer

Still waiting...
Old 03-15-2013, 02:09 PM   #82
Disco
Hail Eris!

I'll put an end to all this foolishness.
Disney absolutely will not be offering free dining this year at WDW. This is a 100% certainty.
How do I know this as a fact? Any year that I go to Disney World there are no discounts.
Now, I am only thinking about going this year so there will be room discounts. However I am determined to go next year so there will be no room or dining discounts, you can bet on it.
Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:25 PM   #83
kcwiak
Mouseketeer

Maybe you are joking but On the off chance that you're not I am confused by what you say. You said because you were thinking of going this year there would be no discounts but then you say there were be room discounts. And then you say if you go next year there will be no discounts. so I'm confused. Of course if you're joking then you can ignore my confusion.

Sept 2013 - 10 day Family Trip
Jan 2011 - 7 day Family Trip
1990-1998 - 50+ day and/or multi day trips
kcwiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:36 PM   #84
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

^^^^ Don't worry, I am confused too....

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
Marsheliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:42 PM   #85
mickey2000
Pin trader

Found this on Whats Up With The Mouse
Posted March 4 2013

A “bounce back offer” is a discounted vacation offer Disney World Resort guests find inside the welcome packet they receive at check-in. It is an attached insert in the middle of the “Be Our Guest Guide”that they can only take advantage of if they book it during their current stay. If your packet does not include one of these offers, ask a cast member at the front desk if a bounce back offer is available. These offers generally have indicated what might be released to the general public later during the year.

This past week, we received an offer of 35% off deluxe resorts and villas; 30% off moderate resorts. The dates included are: 4/14-5/21; 5/28-6/8; 8/4-10/5; 10/20-11/2; 11/17-11/23; 11/30-12/4; 12/15-12/19. What we particularly found interesting was this is not a free dining offer for late August into September as has been expected. We also did not receive an offer to stay in a value resort. Plus, if you look at the dates again most of June and all of July is not discounted at all.

In September 2012, guests who were staying at a Walt Disney World Resort received bounce back offers to return this August that included the Free Dining offer. However, the travel dates were different depending upon where you were staying on property. Current guests have NOT reported receiving this type of offer which leads us to assume the free dining promotion might not be released this year as it typically has in the past.

Take a look at last week’s offer…

This DOES NOT mean that travel for June and July will not be discounted. Disney is just closely guarding their plans for that travel period or that the dates that have been released to the bounce back offer has had lack luster sales and they need to fill those rooms sooner rather than later. June and July are typically busier months and might not need they help a bounce back offer can give to reservations.

[
][/URL]][/URL][
mickey2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:29 PM   #86
Disco
Hail Eris!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwiak View Post
Maybe you are joking but On the off chance that you're not I am confused by what you say. You said because you were thinking of going this year there would be no discounts but then you say there were be room discounts. And then you say if you go next year there will be no discounts. so I'm confused. Of course if you're joking then you can ignore my confusion.
LOL,
It is actually very logical. I want to go this year but I won't bite the bullet without the free dining offer. The room discounts are tempting but not enough for me to jump onboard especially considering the FL mine train won't be done till next year. So that means room discounts this year but no free dining.
Next year I will have to go. It has been too long and my babies are getting older. That means no room discounts or free dining (as I'll actually be going).
I try to go every 3-4 years so 2015 and 2016 will have all the offers. I would like to say that I'm just joking around but statistics don't lie.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:38 PM   #87
*blessedbyHim*
Earning My Ears

So, Disco...

When was the last time you went? They have had free dining the last several years and other discounts at other times. I find it hard to believe there was a year (one you went) that had NO discounts.

*blessedbyHim* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:36 PM   #88
kcwiak
Mouseketeer

Mickey2000 is that a bounce back offer pictured?

Sept 2013 - 10 day Family Trip
Jan 2011 - 7 day Family Trip
1990-1998 - 50+ day and/or multi day trips
kcwiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:44 PM   #89
mickey2000
Pin trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwiak View Post
Mickey2000 is that a bounce back offer pictured?
Posting was interesting with what was said about FD. This is suppose to be the current BB...............

[
][/URL]][/URL][
mickey2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:14 PM   #90
Disco
Hail Eris!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blessedbyHim* View Post
So, Disco...

When was the last time you went? They have had free dining the last several years and other discounts at other times. I find it hard to believe there was a year (one you went) that had NO discounts.
I think it was 2006. If I remember right after we went they started doing the free dining promotions as almost a regular thing.
I'll concede one year I did get a room discount, think it was 2003 (parks were still empty from 9/11).
Did DL a couple years ago to tie us over till our next DW trip. Boy even if they have room discounts no way I could afford to stay at one.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: