Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 02:47 PM   #76
hops&dreams
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissMickey View Post
Starting back on Monday.

Who's with me?

I've been doing well, but this weekend escaped me, and I know that the next two will, also. So, I'm going to concentrate my efforts on the work week and let my hair down a little on the weekends for a little while here.

I should add: the weekend wasn't a total loss. I ran a 5k on Saturday. Then I went to the bar, followed by a different bar, followed by a potluck party, followed by dessert. That all took some effort!

Anyway, I'm holding myself accountable this week, and I hope you'll join me.

Cheers!
I totally went off track this weekend too! At least you ran a 5K!

We worked our butts off this weekend and remodeled our kitchen. Patched and painted walls, cleaned the floor at least 3 times on hands and knees, cleaned out all lower cabinets, new counter tops, new kitchen sink... whew!! This, of course, meant that we had no functional kitchen for 3 days, and had to eat out... so eat I did! But with all the bending, lifting, scrubbing, sanding, vaccumming, more scrubbing... I think I deserved some fried foods!!!

So, today, I'm eating better, although I'm not doing a great job of tracking today... Maybe I'll track better tomorrow. Because, you know, I CAN start in the middle of a week. ha ha!

Ashley - I'll be cheering your good eating on, as I do mine too!

Jan 2010 - Wilderness Lodge. OUR PERFECT TRIP!
Feb 2012 - Wilderness Lodge. Terrific escape from the SuperBowl!

*missing having a ticker... I wanna go back!

Feb 2014 - According to DH, we're going back "next winter," whatever that means. Not specific enough for a ticker... yet!
making plans... so far looks like it'll be unlike either of our other trips. We're driving, we're not staying at WL, we're trying a moderate instead, we're cutting the Disney part shorter so we can go to the dark side for 2 days/nights!! We're SO excited to check out the Harry Potter areas!!!
hops&dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:27 PM   #77
LittleMissMickey
DIS Veteran

Awesome, Jhenn! You should post some pictures! How did your midweek restart go?

I'm trying hard to stay on top of my efforts... Just logged today's food and realized that I had better get my butt to the gym before bed! Hopefully the scale keeps going in the right direction. Only two pounds to go before I hit last year's pre-vacation weight (that I swore I wouldn't go above). Then only three more after that to be in the next decade down!

Who else is on board? Who needs help getting back on board? Speak up, everyone! Spring is coming soon!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 10:50 AM   #78
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

I'm here! Back from Vegas and had a wonderful time. My appetite is off so I managed to drink Bloody Mary's all week and not gain anything

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:48 PM   #79
hops&dreams
DIS Veteran

LMM - I am eating better, but I haven't been logging. DD is sick (3rd virus in 2013!) and I'm still wrapping up the Girl Scout Cookie stuff - I'll be SO glad when summer hits and I will have at least 3 months off of all the Girl Scouts stuff! I've been working long hours this week as well, to get my boss ready for a trip, and I've surprisingly not been eating horribly as a result - yay!

I've been thinking about exercise and how I really would like to incorporate more into my day. I'm excited for it to get warmer out so I can go running again in the mornings. I'll have to start my mileage again from scratch, but that'll be ok, I think. I'll just start back to C25k when we get back from vacation. We got rid of our treadmill (it was broken) so now all I have are an elliptical that's missing a power cord and an exercise bike. So, until then, I'm aiming to use at least a half hour of my day, each day, to working out. Starting tomorrow. lol

OhMom - glad that the trip was great! I was scared the hernia was going to give you problems and put a damper on it, but I'm glad it all worked out. mmm. bloody mary's. And veggies are included!

Oh, and here's a pic of my counters, so you can see what I worked my butt off on last weekend! (top=before / bottom=after)

And, last but not least, DH and I *think* we're finally decided on a vacation. A ROAD TRIP vacation. This is SO not the kind of vacation we're used to (we're used to staying at Wilderness Lodge with park hoppers for at least a week!) but it's something both he and I have always wanted to do, something we thought we'd do before we had a kid, and DD seems to be a good age for it... you'd remember a road trip your family took as a 9 year old, right? We're going to do some hiking and see Devils Tower, Mt. Rushmore, House on the Rock (I think DD will LOVE it!), and Frank Lloyd Wright's original Taliesin in Wisconsin. Possibly add the Badlands in there. Should be interesting... We hope to leave 2 weeks from tomorrow. (depends on how one of my projects progresses at work next week.)

That's all that's new with me. New week next week, new opportunity to break my diet/clean eating habits. uh, I mean totally succeed with them! ha ha!

Feb 2014 - According to DH, we're going back "next winter," whatever that means. Not specific enough for a ticker... yet!
making plans... so far looks like it'll be unlike either of our other trips. We're driving, we're not staying at WL, we're trying a moderate instead, we're cutting the Disney part shorter so we can go to the dark side for 2 days/nights!! We're SO excited to check out the Harry Potter areas!!!
Old 03-16-2013, 08:25 PM   #80
LittleMissMickey
DIS Veteran

I just can't resist paying a very quick reply... Maybe I'll add more later.

Jhenn - I love The House on the Rock! And... I live in Minnesota! If you're up this way, we should arrange a mini-DIS-meet!

Okay... I got that off my chest. Time to go relax!
Old 03-21-2013, 03:52 PM   #81
hops&dreams
DIS Veteran

Ashley - what part of Minnesota are you in? We're coming through Albert Lea and coming across on 90! I am finalizing plans tonight and booking hotels tonight/tomorrow. Planning this trip takes a LOT more time & research than a WDW trip. Maybe because it's my first time and there's no place like the DIS for a trip like this!

So.. I'm still doing ok eating wise, although I'm not officially tracking. I'm going to get back to officially tracking after our trip. Also, I just ordered a new pair of running shoes, so I hope to get back into that - starting with C25K - when it gets warmer out!

How are you girls doing? Hangin' in there?

What's new on the hernia front, OhMom?

Old 03-22-2013, 11:00 AM   #82
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!
I melt when I hear him talk
Eats food one item at a time and in order

Hops - the kitchen looks amazing! Fantastic job! Good job on the eating front!

OhMom - Glad you had a nice trip! Hope you are doing well after the hernia surgery!

LittleMissMickey - Good job on the loss and the logging!

Even though I've been exercising and eating better my loss has completely sputtered to a halt this month it seems. Only 2 pounds so far for the month. I'm still running/elliptical-ing/and walking with some strength training thrown in for good measure. I think though to give myself a hopeful bump that I need, I will start Jillian's 30 Day Shred starting Monday to see if that will help get me below 200 by my goal. It's a lot to ask to lose 9 pounds in a month but I am *hoping* for at least a whoosh soon anyway. My goal was to get below 200 by my next physical with my doctor which is the 24th of April. I know now that it may not be feasable but if I can get as close as I possibly can I will be happy with that.

Well Happy Friday everyone! Hope you all are having a good week and will have an even better weekend!

Desiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:26 PM   #83
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hops&dreams View Post
OhMom - glad that the trip was great! I was scared the hernia was going to give you problems and put a damper on it, but I'm glad it all worked out. mmm. bloody mary's. And veggies are included!

ok i was fibbing a bit and trying to talk myself through it. the hernia really did affect my trip but i just plugged away, took my meds and perservered. i could barely tolerate eating much at all. but like i said, live off the land and drank my veggies. i'm glad we went, i look forward to going back with our friends and feeling GREAT next time.

and your counters look AWESOME!!! it feels so good to accomplish such a beautiful change i'm sure!

and the road trip sounds amazing...i thought we'd take our girls out west for a vacation and never did...kinda wish we had

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiree View Post
OhMom - Glad you had a nice trip! Hope you are doing well after the hernia surgery!

Even though I've been exercising and eating better my loss has completely sputtered to a halt this month it seems. Only 2 pounds so far for the month. I'm still running/elliptical-ing/and walking with some strength training thrown in for good measure. I think though to give myself a hopeful bump that I need, I will start Jillian's 30 Day Shred starting Monday to see if that will help get me below 200 by my goal. It's a lot to ask to lose 9 pounds in a month but I am *hoping* for at least a whoosh soon anyway. My goal was to get below 200 by my next physical with my doctor which is the 24th of April. I know now that it may not be feasable but if I can get as close as I possibly can I will be happy with that.
i can totally relate to times where you are doing the right things and the body just doesn't cooperate. i just try to keep reminding myself the metabolism will kick in, the good habits and routine will bring the results. it's like the body gets stubborn and refuses to accept the healthy habits are here to stay and it should respond accordingly. keep on keepin on and it WILL come! for it to come quickly!!

ok here's my update...surgery was tuesday and i got home wed. i'm really doing pretty good. as good as i could hope for sure..it's been easier that my fall surgery by far. i'm sore and swollen and shuffling is my speed. but that's ok. my Mom who has been through all my surgeries with me said i look 110% better after this one then any other i've had. she even asked me yesterday if I felt like what a healthy person might be going through with a surgery, and i was like yes! i do! to get through it stable and not at death's door sure helps! when i got weighed in for pre-op i was down 6 lbs from what i weighed at the beginning of the year...so that's good. Mom keeps telling me my belly is deflating from the Cushings/pregnant looking belly i've had for almost 3 years...so that is encouraging. My jeans were just starting to get a little loose, not enough to go down a size but loose. i get frustrated b/c it's such a small baby tiny step in the long road of losing that i need to haul. then it's overwhelming. so i'm trying to keep my portions in check since i'm not moving about much, and in three weeks i should be able to start easing back into things i hope! i am allowed to walk, but i'm not ready to venture outside yet, it's cold and snowy and the block is too far to walk..but hey maybe next week i'll try it.

Old 03-22-2013, 12:57 PM   #84
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
ok here's my update...surgery was tuesday and i got home wed. i'm really doing pretty good. as good as i could hope for sure..it's been easier that my fall surgery by far. i'm sore and swollen and shuffling is my speed. but that's ok. my Mom who has been through all my surgeries with me said i look 110% better after this one then any other i've had. she even asked me yesterday if I felt like what a healthy person might be going through with a surgery, and i was like yes! i do! to get through it stable and not at death's door sure helps! when i got weighed in for pre-op i was down 6 lbs from what i weighed at the beginning of the year...so that's good. Mom keeps telling me my belly is deflating from the Cushings/pregnant looking belly i've had for almost 3 years...so that is encouraging. My jeans were just starting to get a little loose, not enough to go down a size but loose. i get frustrated b/c it's such a small baby tiny step in the long road of losing that i need to haul. then it's overwhelming. so i'm trying to keep my portions in check since i'm not moving about much, and in three weeks i should be able to start easing back into things i hope! i am allowed to walk, but i'm not ready to venture outside yet, it's cold and snowy and the block is too far to walk..but hey maybe next week i'll try it.
I'm glad the surgery went ok and hopefully you will continue to heal quickly and completely!

Old 04-04-2013, 07:39 AM   #85
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!

DISboards Moderator

where's everyone?

Old 04-04-2013, 10:32 AM   #86
hops&dreams
DIS Veteran

Quote:
where's everyone?
I'm currently in South Dakota, eating my heart out!!! We're on vacation, then the day after we get back, it's Dh's birthday, then it's bak to the straight and narrow. I even ordered new running shoes so I can start back with c25k next week.

But right now, we're eating our for every single meal. Dh and I are being reasonable and splitting a meal just about every time. Dd's pigging out!!!

Today, were driving through MN on our way to Wisconsin. (Ill wave to you, Little Miss Mickey!). Our trip out west was SO wonderful, I was sad to leave it.

How is your recovery going, OhMom?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Old 04-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #87
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!

Quote:
where's everyone?
I'm here! Been having a blah week so far. I think I was getting a bit burnt out. I gave myself 2 days "on break" and now I'm back on plan as of today. I've heard that you can get into a slump of sorts when you near the 40 pound loss mark and this must be it.

Blogged about it and vented away. But I'm happy to say that I'm definitely in a much better mind set today!

Old 04-07-2013, 10:40 AM   #88
LittleMissMickey
DIS Veteran

Hey Everybody!

Glad to see you all checking in. I have been doing pretty well, but I haven't been Jillian-ing. I have, however, been running!

ohMom - I'm sorry to hear that your trip was more challenging than you let on. How is recovery going?

Hops - Hi!!! I hope that the boring drive across southern MN was okay for you... Looking forward to hearing more about your trip. I didn't even think about it until now, but I spent a day this summer in Indy... found a little wine bar and now I'm in love with that city!

Desiree - I checked out your blog, and it makes me want to get my own going. What a perfect place to be able to vent frustrations and document your journey! You'll bust through this!

So, developments over here:
1. Trying to beat a carb addiction. This is proving to be a challenge. I'm learning that I need to go absolutely cold-turkey and show my temptations who's boss.
2. Running 11.5 miles of a marathon relay with my brother and another friend the first weekend in June.
3. Riding in the MS150 (150 miles from Duluth, MN to the Twin Cities) the second weekend in June.

I'm hoping that these challenges are what I need to face in order to learn to be true to myself and meet my goals.

Thanks for reining us back in ohMom! It sounds like we all needed it.

Happy Sunday!
Old 05-14-2013, 10:37 AM   #89
hops&dreams
DIS Veteran

Eye Opening!

ok... For me, this year has been a bunch of starts and stops. I'm quitting, letting life get in the way, and not being wise with my time. I am wasting too much time on FB, chatting to people who don't really matter, etc... Iím letting things slip. Not only fitness-wise, but Iíve fond myself slipping in other parts of my life as wellÖ letting DD stay up late on a school night when I know it wonít bode well for her focus the next day, letting her indulge in a second serving of Fro-Yo, indulging myself in a second snack at the ball game (because itís Motherís Day and I deserve it!), letting myself crawl into bed at 9 with a sink full of dirty dishes, telling myself that itís so I can spend time with DHÖ. Iím telling little white lies to myself to make myself feel better! Then, yesterday morning, I forgot my phone on my dresser and realized it as we were walking out the door to take DD to school on my way to the office. So, I ran up the stairs to grab it and I was winded when I got to the top. WINDED. From running up one flight of stairs. I started thinking about what that meant, where I went so wrong. Then I ran across this story:
http://www.runnersworld.com/runners-...fe?page=single

THAT was the wake-up call I needed.

It's time to refocus on my life, my family, myself.

I did some research this morning, and after looking around for about an hour, I decided - to hell with all that, I just need to START. So, I'm keeping it simple and recommitting to what I have and what I know. I don't need the latest gimmick, I need to DO. So, tonight when I get home, I will do some sort of physical activity for about a half hour. It might be Jillian Michaels 30DS, it might be Core Secrets 25 min full body workout. It might be c25k... heck, it might just be walking around the softball diamonds while DD is at practice! Iíd love to be ablet o commit to a plan and stick with that for 30 days, but right now, even that seems daunting for me. Which is scary, because just a year ago, I was running 6 miles without batting an eye. Iím scared and disappointed by how far Iíve let myself fall, how I let everything slide. But I want to make a change, and thatís the first step, right? Today is a new day, and I will do something different than I did yesterday. It might not be my goal, but it will be toward my goal, and thatís better than nothing.

OkÖthanks for letting me get that off my chest.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:54 AM   #90
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!

(((HUGS)))

I think you can do it. 30 minutes for 30 days really isn't all that much and you just have to make the time for yourself! Walking around the softball fields is an EXCELLENT idea!

I've been faltering a bit this past week. What sucks is that as of last week's weigh in, I'm .8th of a pound away from being below 200. Stress (almost 19 year old daughter is driving me BONKERS, trying to refinance home) and just being so busy at work that I can't keep my head above water it seems and TOM threw me for a complete loop last week. But this week is off to a better start at least. Yes, I still have to continue gathering paperwork for the refinance, I'm still dealing with DD (and trust me the first "d" does not stand for dear!) but my #1 priority right this second is that I do SOMETHING as soon as I get home. Even if it's for 30 minutes.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: