Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 12:26 PM   #1
mikneyspackson
Mouseketeer

Cheapest places to eat?

Going for like 4 days soon, where are the cheapest places to eat
(not exactly a food snob but i would like the food to be nice haha)
breakfast, lunch and dinner please
I don't mind grabbing a hotdog and chips for lunch from casey's corner as i really quite like those!
mikneyspackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:06 PM   #2
cinderslg
Mouseketeer

Earl of sandwich seems very reasonable for lunch, or Toads hall in fantasy land do lovely (double) portions of fish n chips........ good to share
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 09:54 PM   #3
lilacgems23
DIS Veteran

I haven't seen Toad Hall open in any of my recent trips, shame as we really wanted to try their.

EOS is nice but it's right at the end of the village but its ok if you dont mind leaving the park to eat.

Nov 2010 Cheyenne[/COLOR]
lilacgems23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:08 AM   #4
HFJohnson
DIS Veteran

Not the cheapest as such, but one of the best value places is the breakfast buffet at Inventions. It's about 14 euros per adult and open to 11.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:03 AM   #5
Happy Tappy
Yo Ho! Yo Ho! A pirates life for me!

Of the table service restaurants, Annettes is probably the cheapest. You get a burger with lots of fries, a drink and a chocholate brownie dessert for about 18 euros.

We tend to share counter service meals. For example, an adults pizza meal normally gets you a 9" pizza, salad, dessert and a large drink. We find that's more than enough for 2 adults. The double fish and chips meal is also easy to share.

Some of the restaurants (e.g. Walts) do a cheaper lunch menu where you can eat a couple of courses for around 20 euros. So if you eat table service for lunch and counter service for dinner you can save some money.

Many people share Pizzas at Cafe Mickey to make it more affordable. One pizza from there and a side of fries is probably enough for 2 adults.

As already suggested, Earl of Sandwich is very good and cheap. When on a budget we'll normally go McDonalds a couple of times as it's probably the cheapest place to eat.
Happy Tappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:18 AM   #6
bonhoga
DIS Veteran

Ok, if you are looking for cheap [but reasonable quality] eateries then I will second/third/fourth the recommendations for EOS...had a really good caeser salad there and it was somewhere around the 5 euro mark [cheapest caeser salad i had in DLRP ]. The other place I would recommend for a cheap evening meal is the Chuck wagon cafe. I need to add as a precaution that the last time we ate there was a couple of years ago and things do change but my kids particularly liked the salad bar.
I've also seen lots of people say the Agrabah cafe and Plaza garden buffets are very good value but have no first hand experience...sorry !

K

bonhoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:24 PM   #7
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Definitely recommend EoS - you could easily share one of these as they are massive.

Also recommend Agrabah Cafe we haven't eaten at Plaza Gardens or Restaurant des Stars for several years but they always were very good value.

It's quite a bit cheaper to eat at Val d'Europe (one stop on the train) but not sure whether you'll want to leave the parks!

Where are you staying? As if you're in a Disney hotel you'll have breakfast included with your stay - and it's often included with the offsite hotels too.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:24 PM   #8
Gwendolen
Mouseketeer

Hi
I was there in nov , we had breakfast in sante fe, then tended to eat a late lunch in the buffets, we had the one with ratoullie and plaza gardens , I have to say both we're fab and we were full for the day, we did cafe mickey one night, you wouldn't rush back for the food but the atmosphere was fab, a lot of people were complaining around us about half board vouchers etc, we also went into billy bobs in the village and had a beer and the girls had nuggets & fries that was vey reasonable. If you do a big lunch it's cheaper than the evening option, we also went to Walts on the first day, they do a express lunch for about €20 an adult, well worth a look especially if you time it right for parade as it passes by the window, we didn't do any fast food as the "real food menus" we found to be just as cheap, EOS was used one night, enjoy your trip and plan a little and you will save some euros and eat well

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: