Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-13-2013, 11:44 PM   #721
DisNikki
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 222

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR-DISNEY View Post
Thanks clairandtheboys. you didn't happen to notice if they had skim milk did you? I thought I saw a picture of three types of maybe milk containers but the picture from the boards was very small.
To be sure you get what you need you might consider ordering from Garden Grocer or one of the other grocery delivery services.
__________________
Nikki DH Jeremy DS, 9 DS, 6

- Several trips as a child (off-site, Poly twice)
- 3/26-4/3/11 with FIL, BIL and his family - a total of 9 people! Stayed off-site at Orange Lake North Village
- Planning a trip for 5/24-6/3/2013, staying at CSR


.
.
DisNikki is offline  
Old 03-14-2013, 07:29 AM   #722
trishadono
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 1,746

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR-DISNEY View Post
Thanks clairandtheboys. you didn't happen to notice if they had skim milk did you? I thought I saw a picture of three types of maybe milk containers but the picture from the boards was very small.
We like 2% for cereal and at disney hard to find. Usually 1% and skim/ fat free are offered. Also 3 different sizes usually offered. I like to get the half gallons early in trip but then buy the 12 or 16 plastic containers if run out and then the small kids size available too. Like other poster said half gallon in gift shop and 12/16 oz too. ( in picture on first page the red carton next to nesquick is the size I mean, the yellow ones are the milk 1/2 gallon). The small ones are in case in Cafe Rix.
Trish
trishadono is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-15-2013, 11:40 AM   #723
Cheert789
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 58

I am talking about pepper market. In order for my whole family to sit together which was7 of us we had to pay and automatic 18% tip. I spoke to a manager immediately all he/she does is bring u a drink which in all fairness I am more then willing to do myself....staff was for the most part amazing friendly and such but much prefer the traditional quick service setup.
Cheert789 is offline  
Old 03-15-2013, 11:49 AM   #724
Cheert789
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 58

I do not recommend breakfast at all at pepper market or cafe fix. Unless u r wanting bagels fruit plate or pastries. And yes u can get pastries and and bagels at cafe rix. Be aware though that pepper markets closes down between 1030and 1130 am and 230 to 4 I believe in the afternoon. Hotel staff was excellent and very quick and very helpful but that pepper market needs some changes both in more staff behind the counters
Cheert789 is offline  
Old 03-15-2013, 11:52 AM   #725
Spacedog1975
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 360

Pepper Market was excellent for Breakfast and Lunch last December. I'm disappointed that the buffet solution has been axed though. It was sooo much better than the prior August with it being a more traditional quick service.
Spacedog1975 is offline  
Old 03-15-2013, 12:02 PM   #726
saskdw
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,032

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheert789 View Post
I am talking about pepper market. In order for my whole family to sit together which was7 of us we had to pay and automatic 18% tip. I spoke to a manager immediately all he/she does is bring u a drink which in all fairness I am more then willing to do myself....staff was for the most part amazing friendly and such but much prefer the traditional quick service setup.
The 18% must be new. It's always been 10% because its only semi full service. We have always been on the dining plan in which you have to leave cash tip on the table. You choose your own amount that way.
saskdw is offline  
Old 03-15-2013, 12:06 PM   #727
saskdw
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,032

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisNikki View Post
To be sure you get what you need you might consider ordering from Garden Grocer or one of the other grocery delivery services.
We always order from GG and eat breakfast in the room. Much faster and more convient in the morning. We've spent a total of 28 nights at CSR in the last 3 years and never seen the food court in the morning!
saskdw is offline  
Old 03-15-2013, 12:12 PM   #728
Buddy18
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 109

According to buzz's site it states on a photo of the PM ticket that parties of 6 or more will be charge an 18% service charge.
Buddy18 is offline  
Old 03-15-2013, 12:13 PM   #729
Cheert789
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 58

I guess the point I want to get across to the resort is they should go to the traditional quick service set up. To not have an option to sit down inside and eat without paying a tip is hard for me to understand. Some days it took as long to eat at pepper market as it did at a table service. And most days I went there was not enough staff behind the food counters to make things run smoothly
Cheert789 is offline  
Old 03-15-2013, 12:40 PM   #730
saskdw
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,032

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy18 View Post
According to buzz's site it states on a photo of the PM ticket that parties of 6 or more will be charge an 18% service charge.
That must be it. There's only 3 of us so its 10% for 6 or more it goes up to 18%.
saskdw is offline  
Old 03-15-2013, 12:45 PM   #731
saskdw
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,032

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheert789 View Post
I guess the point I want to get across to the resort is they should go to the traditional quick service set up. To not have an option to sit down inside and eat without paying a tip is hard for me to understand. Some days it took as long to eat at pepper market as it did at a table service. And most days I went there was not enough staff behind the food counters to make things run smoothly
I understand what you are saying. The trick with any resort QS is to avoid meal times. If we eat lunch at PM we go in at 2pm not in the 12-1pm crazy time. As stated above we order breakfast supplies from GG and eat in the room to avoid the morning craziness at PM. If we were eating there at night we would go at 8pm or later. I think any of the Mod/Value food courts are pretty crazy if you go at the wrong time.
saskdw is offline  
Old 03-15-2013, 12:56 PM   #732
Cheert789
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 58

Agreed about the lines at high times but they usually run pretty smooth and steady. This past week was not well. One person behind each food counter made for long lines. Now once I spoke to a manger she quickly got a couple more out there but that should not have needed to happen it was obvious from the lines that it was needed
Cheert789 is offline  
Old 03-15-2013, 02:36 PM   #733
tgreen11
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 25

Thanks for starting this thread. I'm staying at CSR for my first time next week, and the thread has helped answer many of the questions I had.
tgreen11 is offline  
Old 03-15-2013, 03:33 PM   #734
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suburbs of Philadelphia
Posts: 8,071

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgreen11 View Post
Thanks for starting this thread. I'm staying at CSR for my first time next week, and the thread has helped answer many of the questions I had.
Ooooo lucky you!! Sure wish I was going next week ... Enjoy!! You'll love it there. It's beautiful.

.
__________________
Kris
Ilivetogo is offline  
Old 03-15-2013, 06:23 PM   #735
PR-DISNEY
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 106

Helpful Dissers

Thanks to everyone for your help. I have checked out Buzz. His pictures were very helpful. Can't wait to get to CSR. 76 Days and counting!!!!
PR-DISNEY is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: