Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013, 12:20 PM   #1
princessap
DIS Veteran

Do you ever stay at same resort every time?

We stayed onsite for the first time at the poly two weeks ago and I fell in love....am considering booking there again for longer next year but wondering if I should try another resort? Do people stay at the same resort every year or branch out and try different ones?

This year we only did two nights and it wasnt enough! Next year is at least five nights!
princessap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:22 PM   #2
Missytara
I'm all ears!

I fell in love with POR and have stayed there ever since. Cannot imagine staying anywhere else, except the BW if I could afford to do it on my own.
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2013, 12:22 PM   #3
KELLY
DIS Veteran

We use to bounce around but we have been staying at pop the past 5 years. I have nothing against staying somewhere different but dh likes it there and the price is right.

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
KELLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:30 PM   #4
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

I bounce. In addition to owning DVC and trying all of those resorts, I like to try the hotels too. I did 3 WDW vacations in 2012. I stayed at GF, YC and BWI. I try not to stay at the same resort back to back although I love BWI more than any others.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:35 PM   #5
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

I have tried a few different value and moderate resorts (can't afford deluxe unfortuately ) and all have been great in their own way. The last one I stayed at - Caribbean Beach - I absolutely fell in love with it! I do believe I'll be staying there every trip now.

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (18); Bear (7); Cosmo (7? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
It'sWDW4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:37 PM   #6
Shaden
DIS Veteran

We fell in LOVE with CSR in February of last year (our first trip and our honeymoon) but we have already decided to bounce around a bit and try some more (this trip is planned for POR), maybe once we have tried 5 or 6 then we might decide to settle into one.

For the record, we are dealing with the excitment of another disney trip but at the same time anxious it wont live up to the amazing time we had at CSR ... but we figure, we wont know unless we try. Maybe there is a resort we will like even more then CSR ... if not, we will return
Shaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:38 PM   #7
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
We use to bounce around but we have been staying at pop the past 5 years. I have nothing against staying somewhere different but dh likes it there and the price is right.
yup this is us too! We do bounce around quite a bit amongst the value & moderate resorts but Pop is always our home resort because we just love it there. And as you said, the price is right.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:38 PM   #8
yankeesgirl63
DIS Veteran

We try and stay somewhere different each time. We like that each resort has something different to offer.
yankeesgirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:40 PM   #9
msjprincess
DIS Veteran

POR is definitely one of my favorites but I like to try different resorts. The only resorts I've stayed at more than once are

CSR-2 times
BW- 2 times
POR - 5 times
msjprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:41 PM   #10
katt789
DIS Veteran

I like to switch it up and try out different resorts, but Pop was my home for the first three trips! When you find a resort you love, its nice to stay there for a while! I would stay at the Poly forever if I could!!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:44 PM   #11
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

We only stay at two resorts, Poly and POFQ. If we are going for a long stay we choose the Poly. For quick or last minute trips, we stay at POFQ.

One day I would like to stay at one of the EPCOT resorts. Just can't decide on which one.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:48 PM   #12
elaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
We stayed onsite for the first time at the poly two weeks ago and I fell in love....am considering booking there again for longer next year but wondering if I should try another resort? Do people stay at the same resort every year or branch out and try different ones?

This year we only did two nights and it wasnt enough! Next year is at least five nights!
We always do "split stays" which allows us to do both ... we get to try new resorts and stay at our favorites all in the same trip.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:51 PM   #13
Wendy31
DIS Veteran

We tend to stick to the same resort... sort of. LOL!

In 2005 & 2006, we stayed in a cabin at FW. In 2008, we stayed at the WL & absolutely LOVED it so much that we decided that, from then on, it was going to be "our" resort."

Well, in 2009, we had another baby - which made us a family of 5. So, in 2011, we stayed at WL for the last time.

Last year, we tried the Contemporary because DH has always wanted to stay there. We really liked the walk to the MK since we spend so much of our time in the MK, &, even though it's bigger than the WL, everything is still under one roof - which is one of the things we really liked about the WL. Even though modern contemporary is not how I choose to decorate our home, in hotels & resorts I've discovered that I really like the contemporary furnishings & decor - it just seems "clean" to me. And the scent that they use in the lobby smells so lovely! The kids also love that the monorail zooms through the resort &, plus, it's fun walking out of our room & seeing Mickey & friends at Chef Mickey's. So, now, we've decided that the Contemporary is "our" resort. For now...

I still want to try the Poly & an EPCOT resort though.

(DH) (me) (DD, 14years) (DS, 13 years) (DS, 5 years)
Wendy31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:58 PM   #14
DizDaD7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post

The problem I see is the fact that you pick the Polynesian as your first resort. you already started at the top so in my opinion it's going to be hard for others to compare to that with that being said I would still explore other options maybe something comparible to price that you're comfortable with. After having a number of restaurants, nice size beds, elaborate pools with water slides, and ease of transportation to MK , you won't be able to honestly compare a value that has nothing that the above mentions. Although I stayed in values 4 times and eacht time was awesome I had nothing to compare it to. Then we went up to moderates and got a lil more excited. Then we t to Dvc villa and saw the differences. Were DVC owners now so that's the route we will be taking from now on but if we weren't DVC owners than I can honestly say that wed be back at CSR. IMHO it's the best bang for your buck..

1997- Buenavista Hotel/Spa--HoneyMoon--WDW 25thB-day
2000- Allstar Music---Milennium Year!!
2003- Allstar Movies
2006- Off Site/ House
2007- PoP Century
2008- PoP Century
2010- Coronado Springs--->Oct.29-Nov7.
2011- Port Orleans Riverside-->Nov3-Nov11
2012- Boardwalk Villas--->Aug. 21-Sep.1
2013- AKV JH--->Apr5-Apr13..2014- Grand Cal.Villas--->Feb.15-22
2014- AKV--->Nov.1-9
DizDaD7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:05 PM   #15
hardlabor
Mouseketeer

Resort preferance

Our first stay was at B.C.V. We fell for the place and have never stayed anywhere else.
hardlabor is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: