Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013, 08:10 AM   #76
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleScout

Regarding checking room keys- once mydisneymagic fully implemented and key is simply a brightly colored wristband with distinctive mouse ear logo, bus drivers may start checking b/c no longer a hassle to make everyone dig into pocket, purse, etc.
Yes good point!
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:28 AM   #77
granmanh603
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGBOBOFTHENORTH View Post
This is true. The number of people who work the system to avoid paying $14 to park is small enough that it's not worth the expense in trying to extinguish it. It's as simple as that.

BobK/Orlando
Guess you are not an owner staying at SSR and trying to get on bus at night and get a seat.(and more than half the bus gets off at the last stop)
Thats the logic of cheaters who does it hurt?

granmanh603 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2013, 10:13 AM   #78
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post

As some people go to great lengths to avoid parking fees maybe there is a reason i.e. they can't afford it. So with this is mind why not introduce a park and ride system where the car park is free but maybe a longer bus ride from the parks. Then the pay parking outside each park can remain as preferred parking. At least people have a choice then. There is obviously some reason people do this. Why not just organise it by either providing buses from DTD but I fear at present there is not enough parking. A remote parking lot with free parking and buses would be ideal. Suit every budget.

Why should Disney go out of their way, creating new costs, for customers who, if they can't afford parking, aren't likely then to be buying turkey legs, mickey bars, t-shirts, pins, etc. once they are in the parks?
Old 03-15-2013, 11:10 AM   #79
Paula Sedley-Burke

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd2745

Why should Disney go out of their way, creating new costs, for customers who, if they can't afford parking, aren't likely then to be buying turkey legs, mickey bars, t-shirts, pins, etc. once they are in the parks?
I can see the logic of what you are saying and I think that is why parking is not free full stop. I was just trying to be inclusive. Plus trying to get the burden away from SSR. as trying to get a bus from my home resort of SSR we watched lots of non resort guests get on first whilst we waited 45 mins gave up and drove. Even though there was a CM there with a clip board who knew what was going on. People actually would ask us as we walked where was the bus stop and what is the name of this resort!
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 03-15-2013, 11:17 AM   #80
Paula Sedley-Burke

Anyway OP is right. Off topic. The new DTD looks great I think!

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 03-15-2013, 01:49 PM   #81
cluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Anyway OP is right. Off topic. The new DTD looks great I think!
I think so too. I'm not really interested in shopping but I am curious to see what they add in the way of dining & entertainment.
cluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:19 PM   #82
Paula Sedley-Burke

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluvsdisney

I think so too. I'm not really interested in shopping but I am curious to see what they add in the way of dining & entertainment.
Yes that is my feelings too! I love La Nouba so hoping for more entertainment such as this! A mini broadway with a few shows would be fun! vegas has a few Cirque shows maybe they could offer another :-)

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 03-15-2013, 02:27 PM   #83
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluvsdisney View Post

A lot of people have echoed these exact same sentiments. Given Disney's recent history with regards to evening-time entertainment.....you're probably all setting yourselves up for disappointment. I desperately hope I'm wrong about that.

Last edited by mcd2745; 03-15-2013 at 02:33 PM.
mcd2745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:40 PM   #84
cluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd2745 View Post
A lot of people have echoed these exact same sentiments. Given Disney's recent history with regards to evening-time entertainment.....you're probably all setting yourselves up for disappointment. I desperately hope I'm wrong about that.
No offense, but me too.

I don't have great expectations but I am ready for something new. I'm the same way at home too...I get all excited when I see a new store about to open but I don't know what it is yet.
cluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:35 PM   #85
sachilles
Mouseketeer

From most of my pre-trip research here, it seems DTD tends to be a time killing stop for most vacationing people. A place to spend some time when you can't justify a park ticket. Many folks spend a day at their home resort pool and another portion at DTD. We won't be going, as this is our first visit(in the last 20 years). However, I can see the draw for a lot of returning Disney fans.
Disney is in an odd place with this area. It's not a park, so no admission is charged. Yet in order for guests to use it an enjoy it, you risk losing a park admission for that day.
It makes sense to have it's main draws to be evening based, so it doesn't draw folks away from the parks. That also makes sense for the working locals in the area.
While they are trying to lease out to third parties, I think it might make sense to have some sort of disney general store in the complex somewhere. Not quite a target or walmart, but some place to get those general vacation supplies, you don't feel like taking on the plane or on your long voyage, all within the disney transportation system.

In the would have, could have, should have department of the master plan, I think they missed the opportunity to make the downtown disney the central transportation hub. It would have only made sense to base the transportation center, in what amounts to a glorified gift shop. Just like the rides exiting through gift shops, if you could have your guests exit the resorts through the main shopping district. Unfortunately the geography of things as it is now doesn't support that.
sachilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:30 PM   #86
Lanshark
Peace be still
Congratulations on your flower bloomin thingy

Will they keep Disney Quest?

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Lanshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:34 PM   #87
puertorican00676
Earning My Ears

I want to know what new retailers will come. its great idea to refresh that area! Specially the bus and traffic efficiencies!
puertorican00676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:07 PM   #88
JoWiJo
Longing to go back

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleScout View Post
Regarding checking room keys- once mydisneymagic fully implemented and key is simply a brightly colored wristband with distinctive mouse ear logo, bus drivers may start checking b/c no longer a hassle to make everyone dig into pocket, purse, etc.
This is essentially what I've been thinking. With the RFID stuff going in, if Disney wanted to address the issue of people staying off property taking up the seats on resort buses, they could implement a reader installed on the buses to verify that the people trying to board are, in fact, those who are staying in property.
Fourth visit 2009 -- Celebrated birthday by visiting Animal Kingdom.
Next visit -- Who knows?
JoWiJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:17 AM   #89
World Showcaser
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Since "resort guest" does not mean "guest staying at an onsite resort" but "guest of the WDW resort", the distinction is meaningless.
And this whole conversation is meaningless? What does it have to do with the thread really? Why not start a new thread and argue there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyfannypack View Post
I read that Cap'n Jacks is the only confirmed closure so far. Can anyone confirm that and/or a closure date?
I can't confirm it but it doesn't surprise me. I looked at the menu for my upcoming trip and Cap'n Jacks looked very uninteresting to us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanshark View Post
Will they keep Disney Quest?
This is a good question. It doesn't seem that popular to me but maybe I'm wrong. And it's a big use of space.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:51 PM   #90
sailorstitch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by puertorican00676 View Post
I want to know what new retailers will come. its great idea to refresh that area! Specially the bus and traffic efficiencies!
This blog shows what stores will be coming to the new Disney Springs.
http://dolldiaries.com/american-girl...ng-to-orlando/

Notice, one of the stores is American Girl. I wonder what this will mean for Disney's doll line, My Disney Girl. Would AG agree to put a store there if Disney is selling a competing line? Will Disney do away with the line? Or will it be revamped and moved into the new AG store? Hopefully, the latter....

sailorstitch
sailorstitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: