Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013, 11:05 AM   #76
AZ Mom
But it's a dry heat

Hi, hdry! ABD does a great job and they take care of everything. This is our 3rd trip with them. We're also going a day early and hope to see the British Museum the first day. Get ready, you're going to have a blast--Disney guides are the best! If you have any questions, SayHello did this trip last year (definitely read her wonderful trip report) and Singing Mom was there as well, so between all of us "old timers" we should be able to answer any questions you might have. Welcome aboard and we'll see you soon!!

Disneyland 1976 (offsite), Disneyland Hotel (1997, 1998, 2000, 2001), Disney's Grand Californian (2001, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2012)

ABD Viva Italia - Summer 2008, Emerald Isle - Summer 2010, Cities of Knights & Lights - Spring 2013
AZ Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:02 PM   #77
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Mom
Hi, hdry! ABD does a great job and they take care of everything. This is our 3rd trip with them. We're also going a day early and hope to see the British Museum the first day. Get ready, you're going to have a blast--Disney guides are the best! If you have any questions, SayHello did this trip last year (definitely read her wonderful trip report) and Singing Mom was there as well, so between all of us "old timers" we should be able to answer any questions you might have. Welcome aboard and we'll see you soon!!
Absolutely! Ask away! Lol We had a wonderful time in May. We still keep in touch with a number of our fellow travelers. It was our first trip to Europe and we can't wait to pick another tour for this year! London and Paris with Disney was magical!! If I can answer any questions, let me know! :-)

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
SingingMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2013, 10:57 PM   #78
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Mom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingingMom View Post
Absolutely! Ask away! Lol We had a wonderful time in May. We still keep in touch with a number of our fellow travelers. It was our first trip to Europe and we can't wait to pick another tour for this year! London and Paris with Disney was magical!! If I can answer any questions, let me know! :-)

Same here! Ask away!

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:29 PM   #79
TexasMouseFan
Mouseketeer

Dress for dinner?

We are going on the 6/28/13 London and Paris trip. We are now PIF and we are very excited! We are starting to think about things we will need to pack. Looking at some trip report pictures, it looks like we have to dress for dinner every night. Is that correct? How dressy do we need to plan for? TIA
Old 03-31-2013, 10:36 AM   #80
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasMouseFan View Post
We are going on the 6/28/13 London and Paris trip. We are now PIF and we are very excited! We are starting to think about things we will need to pack. Looking at some trip report pictures, it looks like we have to dress for dinner every night. Is that correct? How dressy do we need to plan for? TIA
I wouldn't say every night, although people were at least dressed "nicely". I think it was a function of being in London & Paris more than a requirement. I wouldn't plan anything less than business casual, except for dinner on your own.

The itinerary is a bit different now (we didn't go to Windsor and Stonehenge, so I can't comment on those). I think most nights were "business casual" or "nice". The only really fancy night was the farewell dinner at LaDuree. I would say none of them were touring casual (T-shirts, shorts, etc) unless you chose to eat at a casual place during your on-your-own time.

Does that answer your question? Let me know if you need more specifics.
It was also on the cool side most of the time we were there (it was September) so we didn't do much shorts wearing anyways.

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)

Last edited by sayhello; 03-31-2013 at 11:27 AM.
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:24 AM   #81
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasMouseFan View Post
We went in May last year. It was cool most days, I think we only wore shorts our day in Versailles.

We dressed for dinner in business casual. DH wore khakis and button down shirts, DD and I wore simple dresses or nice slacks. We did wear a little more fancy for our finale dinner at Laudere.

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
Old 04-02-2013, 10:12 PM   #82
TexasMouseFan
Mouseketeer

Thank you! I'm glad I asked. I don't know why it never crossed my mind...I was just focused on 'light clothes' (for packing). We will be doing a Med cruise before the ABD. I will just have to make sure our 'cruise casual' is more like business casual so I get double duty out of my packing. . DISboards rock!
Old 04-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #83
ucancallmetink
Mouseketeer

For anyone considering adding on a Disneyland Resort Paris stay at the close of your trip, heads up on a great sale! The UK Expepdia site is offering 40% off DLP packages. ABD quoted me $1749 for a two night stay at Hotel New York with tickets, but I was able to book on my own today for $1035 for the same thing. The only thing is that I'll have to arrange my own transports, but that sounds pretty easy to do. The DLH was right around $1800 for two nights/two people/tickets. Just thought I'd share
Old 05-24-2013, 10:25 AM   #84
oLora
Mom to Nina 9 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouthdoc View Post
We just booked the week before you AJMlovesRLM! We'll arrive 5/31 thru 6/7, but booked another night to visit DLP. We've never been to England, so we're really looking forward to the trip. This will be our second ABD, did the Viva Italia Signature last year, our best family vacation ever. We will arrive early on 5/31, so we will have a full day to explore. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I was thinking about the London eye, then a boat down the Thames to London Bridge, visit the Borough (sp?) market, etc. Maybe have lunch in a gastropub some where? For our free night, we want to catch a show. Looking forward to meeting any fellow travelers. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
We are going on this trip also! We, being three of us in our family == Lora (me), Mike (husband) and Nina (9 year old daughter). We are flying in from Louisville, KY and arrive in London around 10:30 am on 5/31. We booked one extra day at the end of the trip to enjoy Paris a little longer on our own. Getting excited and taking advice on packing lightly whilst having everything we really need!
oLora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:28 AM   #85
oLora
Mom to Nina 9 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
Please post here if you would like to talk with anyone else who has signed up to travel to England & France (London/Paris) with ABD in 2012/2013.

You can also share information/ask questions about the England & France Cities of Knights & Lights ABD.

Please try and keep this thread on topic to discussion and questions about the England & France ABD. Off topic posts will be deleted or moved.

Thanks!
Sayhello

Roll Call:
May 20 - 27, 2013 - AZ Mom, DH, DS1 (20), and DS2 (18)
- hdry and DH
May 31 - Jun 7, 2013 - mouthdoc & family
Jun 7 - 14, 2013 - DW, DH (one of these is AJMlovesRLM, I assume) & DS11
- old_faithful, DH, DS(15) & DD(13)
Jun 28 - Jul 5, 2013 - TexasMouseFan & ?
Sep 20 - 27, 2013 - GSLand & DH
- WorknFires (Cheryl) & DH (both 45), Dmom & Daunt (mid to late 60's)
May 31 - June 7 -- Family of 3 -- Lora & Mike & Nina (9 years). Mike is celebrating a birthday the day we go to Windsor Castle, so hope we have a fun bunch on the trip!
Old 05-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #86
oLora
Mom to Nina 9 years old

Quote:
The tour is outside the fence, with a headphone taped tour. It was long bus ride from Fox Hills.
No one is permitted in the inner circle unless it is the day of the Summer Solstice. DH had a terrible sinus headache that morning, so I stayed with him at Fox Hills and DD18 went along to Stonehenge with the group. She was happy to say she has been there, but wasn't a major highlight of an otherwise fantastic trip. I think she had a better time on the long bus ride, joking with the guides. ;-)
(Later that day, we went to Windsor, which was one of our favorite stops. Would have loved to have spent even more time in the castle and in the little village. So wonderful!)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I'm trying to figure out some extra fun for this day of the tour since it's my husband's birthday. I hope I can talk him out of the bus ride and tour of Stonehenge because it really doesn't sound that great. Sounds like the later part of the day @Windsor will be the better part of the day. Any ideas welcome!
Old 05-24-2013, 10:35 AM   #87
oLora
Mom to Nina 9 years old

Yes! We will be on this tour also, if you are going 5/31-6/7! We have my husband and myself and our daughter (9 years old). We are flying into London from Louisville, KY. Looks like you are coming from Ohio, so great! Who is in your group?

Last edited by oLora; 05-24-2013 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Meant to reply to another post. Sorry.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:38 AM   #88
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oLora View Post
I'm trying to figure out some extra fun for this day of the tour since it's my husband's birthday. I hope I can talk him out of the bus ride and tour of Stonehenge because it really doesn't sound that great. Sounds like the later part of the day @Windsor will be the better part of the day. Any ideas welcome!
Remember, this is just MY family's opinion... But as I said, DD and a number of the guests with her said it's nice to say they have seen Stonehenge, but they would never go back.
At this point in the trip, a morning to relax and enjoy the gorgeous grounds of Foxhills would be very welcome! ;-)

However, the afternoon in Windsor was one of the highlights of our trip!! Loved it!

Old 05-24-2013, 10:39 AM   #89
oLora
Mom to Nina 9 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyandangiesmom View Post
Thank you SingingMom for what you have posted...we are heading there in less than a week...EEEKKK!!!

Anybody else?

We have added on 4 nights at DLP them to Munich to spend a week with dear friends who we meet on a DCL Med cruise in 07!!!!
Yes! We are going starting 5/31 also! We are flying in from Louisville, KY, so not too far from you in Ohio. We have 3 of us -- my husband and myself and our daughter (9 years old). Who is in your group?
Old 05-24-2013, 10:50 AM   #90
oLora
Mom to Nina 9 years old

Quote:
We just returned from this trip May 14-21, 2012, so if anyone has any specific questions, I would be happy to answer them!
Is it advisable to get some foreign currency before leaving the states?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: