Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-15-2013, 10:51 AM   #991
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,486

This morning on the news they mentioned another Carnival Ship having issues too. The Legend. This one is making it's way back to port though. UGH
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:02 AM   #992
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,710

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
This morning on the news they mentioned another Carnival Ship having issues too. The Legend. This one is making it's way back to port though. UGH
I saw that too. There's no way in the world that I'd cruise with Carnival!
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-15-2013, 11:03 AM   #993
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran
 
luvslikepi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Stationed at Hill AFB
Posts: 560

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I saw that too. There's no way in the world that I'd cruise with Carnival!
I've cruised with Carnival twice and never experienced any issues but this is downright ridiculous. I think they're going to start having some serious financial difficulties if they don't revamp.
luvslikepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #994
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,710

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvslikepi View Post
I've cruised with Carnival twice and never experienced any issues but this is downright ridiculous. I think they're going to start having some serious financial difficulties if they don't revamp.
When we first started talking about cruising, I priced out the Carnival cruises and they were a lot cheaper. Now I see why...doesn't sound like they are putting any money into maintaining their ships.
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:07 AM   #995
Beth D
DIS Veteran
 
Beth D's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Posts: 682

I finally made it back for the end! How crazy was that debarking? I've never seen a pic with all the people crammed into the hall like that.

Oh well, in hindsight now, at least you weren't on the other ship in port!

We booked for 2014 back in January, and prices haven't budged at all (either up or down).
__________________
Beth D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:08 AM   #996
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,486

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
I finally made it back for the end! How crazy was that debarking? I've never seen a pic with all the people crammed into the hall like that.

Oh well, in hindsight now, at least you weren't on the other ship in port!

We booked for 2014 back in January, and prices haven't budged at all (either up or down).
How was your trip?

It was a bit crazy and I was glad I didn't have to get off early and worry about my flight.
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:15 PM   #997
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran
 
Kathy Jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Myrtle Beach SC
Posts: 5,245

I finally finished your tr!!!!!!! I was still back at the Mayan Ruins

I was so far behind I'm just hearing about Skips trip back to the hospital. Is he better now and listening to his doctors?

The tours and class you did sound like fun! Too bad they couldn't give you a little brochure about the ship tour so you could remember everything they talked about.

I loved the TR and seeing everything you did. Now I just have to catch up on your other one
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:18 AM   #998
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,486

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
I finally finished your tr!!!!!!! I was still back at the Mayan Ruins

I was so far behind I'm just hearing about Skips trip back to the hospital. Is he better now and listening to his doctors?

The tours and class you did sound like fun! Too bad they couldn't give you a little brochure about the ship tour so you could remember everything they talked about.

I loved the TR and seeing everything you did. Now I just have to catch up on your other one
YAY!

Skip had his hip surgery, then his infections surgery and now Wed. he is supposed to have a skin graft surgery. I am so sick of all this now. And I am sick and he is being the biggest jerk and blaming me. Um, I didn't go out in a barn with an open wound and get it infected.

I should've had a little tape recorder with me to get the highlights.
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:02 AM   #999
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting
 
JKSWonder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 1,722

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
YAY!

Skip had his hip surgery, then his infections surgery and now Wed. he is supposed to have a skin graft surgery. I am so sick of all this now. And I am sick and he is being the biggest jerk and blaming me. Um, I didn't go out in a barn with an open wound and get it infected.

I should've had a little tape recorder with me to get the highlights.
Stinks!
__________________
JKSWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:13 AM   #1000
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,710

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
YAY!

Skip had his hip surgery, then his infections surgery and now Wed. he is supposed to have a skin graft surgery. I am so sick of all this now. And I am sick and he is being the biggest jerk and blaming me. Um, I didn't go out in a barn with an open wound and get it infected.

I should've had a little tape recorder with me to get the highlights.
I hate that he's having to go through all of this. Men say that we are stubborn but they are just as stubborn....for example, someone who just had hip replacement surgery hanging out in dirty stinky barns.

Actually, the tape recording ain't a bad idea. Do you know how many cases we have won with tape recordings? Tons!
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:13 PM   #1001
vleeth
I heart Disney
 
vleeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 2,030

Another wonderful trip report!
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:20 PM   #1002
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,486

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Stinks!
Yes it does

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I hate that he's having to go through all of this. Men say that we are stubborn but they are just as stubborn....for example, someone who just had hip replacement surgery hanging out in dirty stinky barns.

Actually, the tape recording ain't a bad idea. Do you know how many cases we have won with tape recordings? Tons!
I am so sick of surgeries and sick people at my house. I am going to go pick up my antibiotic soon and I hope it helps right away and Icanat least get myself back to normal,

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post
Another wonderful trip report!
Thanks!
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:43 PM   #1003
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran
 
Kathy Jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Myrtle Beach SC
Posts: 5,245

Another surgery!? I think you should tie him down to the couch this time so he can't do any more harm to himself

I hope you feel better soon. I'd like to hear that tape recorder too!
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:44 AM   #1004
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,486

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
Another surgery!? I think you should tie him down to the couch this time so he can't do any more harm to himself

I hope you feel better soon. I'd like to hear that tape recorder too!
Yeah, I am sick of surgeries right now. I am doing a bit better today. At least the eyeball/brain pressure is gone now.
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:46 AM   #1005
Floridagram
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 846

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I wondered that as well. I also wondered two other things: 1) will it possibly make the price of cruising go down because everybody will be scared to cruise; or, 2) will it make the other cruise lines prices go up because nobody wants to book with Carnival.
I have been reading the Carnival links on another forum and they are all going crazy with reduced prices. They are having a big sale and also upgrading people who have already booked so people are thrilled.

So this may not affect Carnival as much as we think.
__________________
Carnival Holiday-1992,NCL Norway-1996,Carnival Ecstasy-1998,Carnival Tropicale-1999,RCCL Voyager of the Seas-2001,RCCL Mariner of the Seas- 2004,HAL Zuiderdam-2004,HAL Westerdam-February 2007,Disney Magic-April 2007.Carnival Liberty-May 2008,DCL Fantasy- May 2012, CCL Freedom-Aug 2012, DCL Fantasy April 2013,NCL Jewel-Aug 2014, DCL Wonder Sept. 2014, CCL Liberty Oct 2014
Floridagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: