Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013, 10:51 AM   #991
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

This morning on the news they mentioned another Carnival Ship having issues too. The Legend. This one is making it's way back to port though. UGH
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:02 AM   #992
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
This morning on the news they mentioned another Carnival Ship having issues too. The Legend. This one is making it's way back to port though. UGH
I saw that too. There's no way in the world that I'd cruise with Carnival!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2013, 11:03 AM   #993
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I saw that too. There's no way in the world that I'd cruise with Carnival!
I've cruised with Carnival twice and never experienced any issues but this is downright ridiculous. I think they're going to start having some serious financial difficulties if they don't revamp.
luvslikepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #994
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvslikepi View Post
I've cruised with Carnival twice and never experienced any issues but this is downright ridiculous. I think they're going to start having some serious financial difficulties if they don't revamp.
When we first started talking about cruising, I priced out the Carnival cruises and they were a lot cheaper. Now I see why...doesn't sound like they are putting any money into maintaining their ships.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 03-16-2013, 05:07 AM   #995
Beth D
DIS Veteran

I finally made it back for the end! How crazy was that debarking? I've never seen a pic with all the people crammed into the hall like that.

Oh well, in hindsight now, at least you weren't on the other ship in port!

We booked for 2014 back in January, and prices haven't budged at all (either up or down).
Old 03-16-2013, 07:08 AM   #996
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
I finally made it back for the end! How crazy was that debarking? I've never seen a pic with all the people crammed into the hall like that.

Oh well, in hindsight now, at least you weren't on the other ship in port!

We booked for 2014 back in January, and prices haven't budged at all (either up or down).
How was your trip?

It was a bit crazy and I was glad I didn't have to get off early and worry about my flight.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:15 PM   #997
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

I finally finished your tr!!!!!!! I was still back at the Mayan Ruins

I was so far behind I'm just hearing about Skips trip back to the hospital. Is he better now and listening to his doctors?

The tours and class you did sound like fun! Too bad they couldn't give you a little brochure about the ship tour so you could remember everything they talked about.

I loved the TR and seeing everything you did. Now I just have to catch up on your other one
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:18 AM   #998
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
I finally finished your tr!!!!!!! I was still back at the Mayan Ruins

I was so far behind I'm just hearing about Skips trip back to the hospital. Is he better now and listening to his doctors?

The tours and class you did sound like fun! Too bad they couldn't give you a little brochure about the ship tour so you could remember everything they talked about.

I loved the TR and seeing everything you did. Now I just have to catch up on your other one
YAY!

Skip had his hip surgery, then his infections surgery and now Wed. he is supposed to have a skin graft surgery. I am so sick of all this now. And I am sick and he is being the biggest jerk and blaming me. Um, I didn't go out in a barn with an open wound and get it infected.

I should've had a little tape recorder with me to get the highlights.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:02 AM   #999
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
YAY!

Skip had his hip surgery, then his infections surgery and now Wed. he is supposed to have a skin graft surgery. I am so sick of all this now. And I am sick and he is being the biggest jerk and blaming me. Um, I didn't go out in a barn with an open wound and get it infected.

Stinks!
Old 03-18-2013, 11:13 AM   #1000
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
YAY!

I hate that he's having to go through all of this. Men say that we are stubborn but they are just as stubborn....for example, someone who just had hip replacement surgery hanging out in dirty stinky barns.

Actually, the tape recording ain't a bad idea. Do you know how many cases we have won with tape recordings? Tons!

Old 03-18-2013, 12:13 PM   #1001
vleeth
I heart Disney

Another wonderful trip report!
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:20 PM   #1002
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Stinks!
Yes it does

Quote:
I hate that he's having to go through all of this. Men say that we are stubborn but they are just as stubborn....for example, someone who just had hip replacement surgery hanging out in dirty stinky barns.

Actually, the tape recording ain't a bad idea. Do you know how many cases we have won with tape recordings? Tons!
I am so sick of surgeries and sick people at my house. I am going to go pick up my antibiotic soon and I hope it helps right away and Icanat least get myself back to normal,

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post
Another wonderful trip report!
Thanks!
Old 03-18-2013, 11:43 PM   #1003
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

Another surgery!? I think you should tie him down to the couch this time so he can't do any more harm to himself

I hope you feel better soon. I'd like to hear that tape recorder too!
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:44 AM   #1004
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
Another surgery!? I think you should tie him down to the couch this time so he can't do any more harm to himself

I hope you feel better soon. I'd like to hear that tape recorder too!
Yeah, I am sick of surgeries right now. I am doing a bit better today. At least the eyeball/brain pressure is gone now.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:46 AM   #1005
Floridagram
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I wondered that as well. I also wondered two other things: 1) will it possibly make the price of cruising go down because everybody will be scared to cruise; or, 2) will it make the other cruise lines prices go up because nobody wants to book with Carnival.
I have been reading the Carnival links on another forum and they are all going crazy with reduced prices. They are having a big sale and also upgrading people who have already booked so people are thrilled.

So this may not affect Carnival as much as we think.
Carnival Holiday-1992,NCL Norway-1996,Carnival Ecstasy-1998,Carnival Tropicale-1999,RCCL Voyager of the Seas-2001,RCCL Mariner of the Seas- 2004,HAL Zuiderdam-2004,HAL Westerdam-February 2007,Disney Magic-April 2007.Carnival Liberty-May 2008,DCL Fantasy- May 2012, CCL Freedom-Aug 2012, DCL Fantasy April 2013,NCL Jewel-Aug 2014, DCL Wonder Sept. 2014, CCL Liberty Oct 2014
Floridagram is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: