Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 09:19 PM   #1
julluvsdisney
"A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep"

split stay? how to move luggage?

I was wondering how you can get your luggage from one resort to another? I am able to book a week at POR but we are unable to get the first day so we may end up staying at BC for one night. Can anyone tell me my options?

Mouseketeers-ME, DH, DS, DS
WDW TRIPS*1994 ASMu* 2007 Disneymoon POFQ* 2009 POP*2010 POP*2011 POP* 2012 POR* 2013 POR*2014 POR RR*2014 POFQ *
julluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:50 PM   #2
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

Disney will transfer it for you.

Just have Bell Services get your luggage and give them the info on your new resort.
WEDWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 10:08 PM   #3
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Just make sure that you take with you anything that you would need before 4-5 pm (like swimsuits, medicine, baby supplies, sunscreen, etc). They say the luggage will come after 3pm, but sometimes it's more like 5.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:31 AM   #4
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda

After a nightmare Disney transfer in which our luggage was misplaced and lost for 16 hours, we choose to take a taxi to carry us and our things to the next hotel (if we haven't rented a car).

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
jenjersnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:42 AM   #5
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjersnap View Post
After a nightmare Disney transfer in which our luggage was misplaced and lost for 16 hours, we choose to take a taxi to carry us and our things to the next hotel (if we haven't rented a car).
Happened to us too, ours was lost for 24 hours. It was a major hassle. They tried to act like we did not even have this suitcase. Luckily I had made sure they tagged all the bags and I had the receipts and one was definitely missing.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:16 AM   #6
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by julluvsdisney View Post
I was wondering how you can get your luggage from one resort to another? I am able to book a week at POR but we are unable to get the first day so we may end up staying at BC for one night. Can anyone tell me my options?
I transferred from BC to POR several years ago...it was the worst transfer of my life!!!! I handed my bags off to Bell Services at about 7:30am. They told me my bags would be at POR midday...probably 1-2ish. Okay, no problem.
My dd and I went off to MK around 8:30. We got hot and decided to head over to POR to get checked in and get some lunch around 1ish. We found that while a room was ready for us, we were told that if we wanted to wait a bit, they could get us a room in bldg 14!! Ah, yeah, we'll wait!! We went off and got something to eat in the food court and killed some time. We were in our new room by 2:30!!! Great. I called Luggage Assistance to tell them that we were in our room and could they bring our bags. I was informed that our bags weren't there yet!! Okay. It was hot, humid, and we didn't feel like returning to a park. We wanted to swim but couldn't since our suits were in our bags!!!! So, we hung out in the room. At 3:30, I walked over to Luggage Assistance to see if the bags were there yet. Nope!!! Now, the CM there told me that he would call over to BC, while I waited. BC informed him that they 'hadn't had time to make luggage transfers yet'!!! Are you kidding me???? There was nothing going on over at BC, no big groups coming or going. They told the CM they would 'get right on it'. Okay. I go back to my room. At 4:30 I call them again......and was told that nothing had been brought over yet. The CM said he would call yet again...he called me back to tell me that nothing had left BC yet!! Finally, at about 5:30, the POR CM knocked on my door. He had my luggage. Seems they sent someone from POR over to BC to get the bags!! I tried to tip him (heavily since he had gone to so much trouble on my behalf) and it was refused!!!! That man told me there was no way he was taking a tip for such awful service. I told him that the tip was for the wonderful service he had given, not for the BC idiots!!! He didn't care...he still refused it, told me to buy my sweet dd a treat and to have a wonderful stay at POR!!!! I did give his name to the front desk....he went above and beyond for me and deserved to be recognized!!!

I have used Disney to transfer my bags between resorts many times. And every single time it has taken until very late in the afternoon to get my bags. I now keep anything I might need in a backpack. Once I get to the new resort, the bag goes in my room, if the room is ready, or I leave it with Bell Services/Luggage Assistance if the room isn't ready. At least I can get at my stuff if I need to.

If you don't want to wait to get your bags?? Take a cab, with your luggage, to the next resort. If the room isn't ready, just hand it to Luggage Assistance and leave it with them.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:37 AM   #7
myjourney
DIS Veteran

We have been doing split stays and luggage transfers for years and never had a problem.

Oct 2014 Fort Wilderness 14 nights
Oct 2013 Fort Wilderness 9 nights
May 2013 4 nights AKL, 5 nights at POR (love Yeeha Bob!)
May 2012 5 nights AKL, 3 nights BCV, and 4 nights SSR TH
March 2011 SSR and POR
October 2010 CSR
May 2010 Kidani Village and Saratoga Spring Resort
Oct 2009 Saratoga Springs Resort
May 2009 Saratoga Springs Resort
Nov 2008 Saratoga Springs Resort
June 2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge
myjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:46 AM   #8
julluvsdisney
"A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep"

Thank you for all of your quick replies ! I guess we should either take a cab or make sure we have everything we will need for the day. Now that I'm really thinking about it a taxi maybe the easiest quickest way going about it! Thank you so much!!

Mouseketeers-ME, DH, DS, DS
WDW TRIPS*1994 ASMu* 2007 Disneymoon POFQ* 2009 POP*2010 POP*2011 POP* 2012 POR* 2013 POR*2014 POR RR*2014 POFQ *
julluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:24 AM   #9
dvcHammer
Drinking at Disney

Although you have an 90% chance or better that the transfer will go as planned the cost of a cab is a small price for piece of mind. The added plus is that you can get to your bags if you need them.
I've only had one long wait (about 5pm), never had anything lost.
64 visits so far.
Been there, done that, going back again!
http://www.drinkingatdisney.com/
dvcHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:38 AM   #10
Princess Disney Mom
DIS Veteran

We took a cab and it was very easy.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
2006 - CR X 2/ DoubleTree WDW/ POFQ/ Music Resort
2007 - POP X 3/ Double Tree WDW
2008 - Disneyland/ BoardWalk / Off Site WDW
2009 - Offsite/Doubletree at WDW/CR/Boardwalk
2010 - Disneyland/ Doubletree WDW/HBC/ Music Resort
2011 - Hilton Bonnet Creek/ Port Orleans Riverside
2012 - Hilton Bonnet Creek
2013- Disneyland / Grand Floridian
2014 - Offsite/ Grand Floridian
Princess Disney Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:43 AM   #11
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by julluvsdisney View Post
Thank you for all of your quick replies ! I guess we should either take a cab or make sure we have everything we will need for the day. Now that I'm really thinking about it a taxi maybe the easiest quickest way going about it! Thank you so much!!
You can check in as early as 7:00 am (might even be 6:00), so you can grab a cab early, go check in, leave your luggage with bell services if your room isn't ready, and head off to a park .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:51 PM   #12
MissionMouse
DIS Veteran

We always moved our luggage ourselves during multiple resort stays using our rental car. A taxi is a good alternative. When it is done you know your luggage is there and can access it throughout the day if you need to wait for your room.

Disney World - Magic Kingdom Entrance - Walk Around The World Brick Owner
Boardwalk Inn Photos
Typhoon Lagoon Photos
Wishes-Fireworks from PR & MK Photo Album - 30 Photos
Sea World and Marriott Rennaissance SW - Photo Album - 40+ Photos
Disney World Park and Deluxe Resort Photographs
MissionMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:30 PM   #13
jstouder
Mouseketeer

We take a taxi early in the morning and check in. If our room isnt ready, we just grab a few things we need and let the hotel hold until the room is ready. For a $20 cab ride I like knowing where my stuff is.
2012 - Pop Century & Animal Kingdom Lodge
2011 - Wilderness Lodge
2010 - Wilderness Lodge
2009 - Wilderness Lodge
2007 - Wilderness Lodge
2006 - All Star Music
jstouder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:33 PM   #14
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

We are doing a split stay for the first time in June. I have been going back and forth trying to figure if I should have Disney transfer my luggage or just get a taxi to the next resort. So... After much deliberation, I've just decided to spend the extra cash and take a cab. As other posters said mainly for my own piece of mind am I doing this. Question though, for those of you who have done the taxi thing, how did you go about setting up the taxi to pick you up? Any idea about how much a taxi would cost from AoA to AKL? I estimated it on Mears and it said about $15.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:41 PM   #15
jstouder
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonsDisneyMom View Post
We are doing a split stay for the first time in June. I have been going back and forth trying to figure if I should have Disney transfer my luggage or just get a taxi to the next resort. So... After much deliberation, I've just decided to spend the extra cash and take a cab. As other posters said mainly for my own piece of mind am I doing this. Question though, for those of you who have done the taxi thing, how did you go about setting up the taxi to pick you up? Any idea about how much a taxi would cost from AoA to AKL? I estimated it on Mears and it said about $15.
Just go out front and have bell services call one for you. With tip included our taxi from AKL to AoA was $20
2012 - Pop Century & Animal Kingdom Lodge
2011 - Wilderness Lodge
2010 - Wilderness Lodge
2009 - Wilderness Lodge
2007 - Wilderness Lodge
2006 - All Star Music
jstouder is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: